ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any advice/thoughts appreciated

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pompeyvix
Newly Registered

Any advice/thoughts appreciated

Post by pompeyvix » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:10 am

Hi everyone

Would really appreciate some thoughts here. My husband applied for British citizenship back in Feb (we received our acknowledgement letter on the 14th). He is applying on this basis of being married to me as I am British myself. We got married in December 2006 and he got ILR in March 2008.

Apart from the acknowledgement letter, we have heard nothing else. So today I phoned and they told me his application has not yet been passed to a case worker and to expect to hear within the next 3/6 months!!

After reading on here the fact that the majority of people hear within a few weeks, I was really surprised, seeing as this is a straightforward case. We were planning to go to my husband's home country on 7th July as his Sister is getting married and it is now looking every so doubtful. We thought we'd sent it with plenty of time.

I am just worried that this is a bad sign and maybe he will be rejected.

Can anyone suggest any reasons for the delay? We are both so upset, 6 months from receipt of letter will make it mid - August! I think ideally we need to hear by end of May to give him chance to go to the ceremony and get his passport in time and we can't book our flights for fear this is money wasted. We are both pretty devastated.

Has anyone else had to wait 6 months for what would seem a simple case??

Thanks in advance for replies

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:27 am

looks like you applied via post not NCS? If you had applied using NCS you could have travelled, There is a Sticky in this forum about timelines where you can get more information.
I also applied under this category around 3 weeks ago and my case has not been assigned to case worker yet. they can take up to 6 months to decide, every case is different ( thats what they always say ) i kow so many people who had there deceision done less than a month. good luck with your application.

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

There is nothing else that you can do other than wait patiently. I know it is frustrating, but there is nothing we can do to speed up the process. My husband also applied about a month ago and we just carry on as normal, we will just wait and see. Anyway good luck to you and your husband, hopefully you will hear from UKBA soon.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:31 pm

You should be able to travel, because your husband can travel on his existing passport. A request for a return of passport does not mean the withdrawal of a naturalisation application.

pompeyvix
Newly Registered

Post by pompeyvix » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks for your help, we'll just have to wait and see I guess :)