ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 months for EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HSMP_IE
Newly Registered

3 months for EC

Post by HSMP_IE » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:49 am

Hi,

Can anybody help me regarding EC? I got HSMP approval letter issued on 15th March and have three months to apply for EC. Is it possible that I apply for Entry Clearance now but ask them to stamp visa which start after three months i.e. 15th June?

Another question is that would it be problem if I move to the UK a few months after getting EC?

Thanx

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:19 pm

I don't think you can have them date the EC that far in advance. Why not just wait the nearly 3 months before applying?

It's to your advantage in getting the EC close to your actual arrival date because it gives you more time in the UK to find employment before you apply for HSMP renewal.

Joseph

HSMP_IE
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_IE » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:05 pm

Joseph wrote:I don't think you can have them date the EC that far in advance. Why not just wait the nearly 3 months before applying?

Joseph
As far as I remember that someone had such situation and requested for visa starting from another date than the current date. I tried but couldnt find out that thread in old posts.