ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SRV_N
Newly Registered

Postal app excluding 10/14 years

Post by SRV_N » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi All,

The last successful application in this forum under ILR postal application excluding 10/14 years was on March 17th (Katiepie). Since then no one has posted about successful postal application. Is home office going slow or the members have not updated? Any mebers who have recently got their ILR through postal application, can you please update your time lines.

Regards,
SRV

frichie79
Newly Registered

Post by frichie79 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:17 am

frichie79 wrote:I am so stressed about this

I applied on 13 Feb, using electronic form and immediate payment
Posted 14th Feb and received Acknowledgement letter dated 15 Feb...

And since then nothing.

Really had my fingers crossed that it would go smoothly and be back in the 6-8 week time period.

One concern I have is that although all my accounts are in my name, I do have a co-owned flat (and mortgage) with my ex who I dont speak to so I did not get the declaration signed by her. I did not consider it essential because the form only mentioned shared bank accounts...but now im worrying about why its taking so long.

Tried phoning them and giving sob story ( i have left my employer and meant to start a new job on 3 may...dependent on my new visa status) but they still wouldnt give me any information. It was suggested to write to them (which I did) asking for priority, but still waiting :(

GOOD NEWS...My passport arrived this morning..Sat 30 April :D

Resident visa stamped 18 April. Total time approx 10 weeks!

Only documents i sent were 3 months bank statements, employee letter, life in the uk test, and my two passports

Best of luck to you all

tanya111
Newly Registered

Post by tanya111 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:54 pm

frichie79 wrote:

And since then nothing.

Really had my fingers crossed that it would go smoothly and be back in the 6-8 week time period.

One concern I have is that although all my accounts are in my name, I do have a co-owned flat (and mortgage) with my ex who I dont speak to so I did not get the declaration signed by her. I did not consider it essential because the form only mentioned shared bank accounts...but now im worrying about why its taking so long.

Tried phoning them and giving sob story ( i have left my employer and meant to start a new job on 3 may...dependent on my new visa status) but they still wouldnt give me any information. It was suggested to write to them (which I did) asking for priority, but still waiting :(

Only documents i sent were 3 months bank statements, employee letter, life in the uk test, and my two passports

Best of luck to you all
Congratulations frichie79. That is great news!!! :D

Elena_G
Newly Registered

Post by Elena_G » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:51 pm

frichie79 wrote:

And since then nothing.

Best of luck to you all
Hi what set of form did you use when you applied for ILR? Was it set (M) as a spouse of British citizen? Thank you

cmforest
Newly Registered

Post by cmforest » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:54 pm

andsyl wrote:
cmforest wrote:Hi,

I sent the new form Set (M). Mine was a straightforward application under an expiring 2-yr spouse visa. I am living with my British husband, he is working but since I moved to the UK 2 yrs ago, I have not been able to land a job due to the recession.

Applied: 1st April
Received by HO: 6th April
Payment Taken: 8th April
Hi cmforest
When did you get your acknowledgement letter? What is the date on the letter? Some people are getting their decision very quickly these days. Hope you get your soon. Good luck
The acknowledgement letter was dated 6th April, it dropped into my mailbox on the 8th, and the payment was taken out of the bank account on the 8th.

It is now 30th April and nothing has arrived yet...I'm guessing it's due to the Royal Wedding + Bank Holiday weekend. I'm really nervous because I've bought plane tickets for the 14th and stand to lose a lot of money if the visa doesn't arrive. Without knowing if it's even in process, I don't even know whether I should wait or simply cancel the flight....what if it drops into my mailbox a few days after the cancelled flight? LOL

Defoe
Newly Registered

Post by Defoe » Thu May 05, 2011 9:48 am

I posted an ILR application under the old rules/form on 29th March. Money was taken from my credit card on the 4th of April by the Home Office.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but I applied under the HSMP Judicial Review document rules (sent an HSMP acceptance letter dated 22 Feb).

Im starting to get a bit worried, my current place of employment will only extend my contract based on Visa approval. My contract expires 24th June, but knowing the HR department here Im going to need at least 3 weeks prior to sort it all out.

Anyone had any experiences recently involving applying under the HSMP Judicial review rules?
Last edited by Defoe on Mon May 09, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qarrar
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Qarrar » Thu May 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi Everyone

I am regular follower of this forum and as this page has been so useful to me I thought I would share my own experience on here as-well.

Set(M) Application
Applied using electronic form on 18 March
Payment taken 20 March
Acknowledgement letter 22 March
ILR stamp on the passport dated 26 April
Received passports 05 May. 11

Good Luck to all those waiting and for the ones following this forum please keep posting your stories.

Thanks

itsybitsy_85
Newly Registered

Post by itsybitsy_85 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:56 pm

I could almost repeat Qarrar's statements - I've found this forum invaluable for getting some idea of when my husband might receive his ILR that I thought I'd also share our experience

SET (o) application, under UK Ancestry category:
Posted special delivery 19th March
Money taken 21st March
Acknowledgement letter 25th March
Received passport 6th May

Looks like we were just one step behind Qarrar's application - hopefully this will provide some hope for those patiently waiting.

Slight issue with my husband's though was that although the passport was all correct, they'd attached the wrong photo! They've included a picture of an Asian applicant when my husband looks completely different and despite the other photos in his passport being the correct ones they still included the wrong one this time round! Typical! It's getting sent back tomorrow for the change, although let's hope it doesn't take too long.... :D

Defoe
Newly Registered

Post by Defoe » Mon May 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Thankyou both to Qarrar and Itsybitsy_85 for your posts - I received my acknowledgement letter on the 4th of April so your dates are a great guide for me!

emarketeruk

Post by emarketeruk » Tue May 10, 2011 2:11 pm

hello,
i am also an HSMP JW applicant and applied for my ILR on 27th April by post. Still awaiting for the confirmation letter

kdela
Newly Registered

Post by kdela » Thu May 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi there,

I sent my SET (o) application on the 3rd April (Special Delivery)
Money was taken out of my account on the 6th of April
I haven't received a confirmation letter yet and I haven't heard anything since.

I thought it was suppose to take 4-6 week however looking back at the website it is now saying up to 6 months.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/settle ... tingtimes/

K

poweller123
Newly Registered

Post by poweller123 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:16 pm

sent postal application set (m) the 9th- (next day delivery) post office confirmed delivery on the 10th, havent gotten an email confirmation though
payment was taken on the 14th-
now waiting....

vkwpilr
Newly Registered

ILR on multiple WPs

Post by vkwpilr » Mon May 16, 2011 10:41 am

Hello all,

Thanks for sharing info here, it is very helpful.

Documents sent: 29th March 2011
Document received: 30th March 2011
Acknowledgment: 4th April 2011

Waiting........

Cheers

emarketeruk

Post by emarketeruk » Tue May 17, 2011 9:21 am

ILR application sent by pose 27th April
Payment taken & letter dated 11th May
letter received 16th May

thanks,

New_ILR
Newly Registered

ILR Postal Application

Post by New_ILR » Tue May 17, 2011 10:15 am

ILR form (o) sent by special Delivery - 14-May-2011
Document Received by Home Office - 16-May-2011
Money Deducted - 17-May-2011 (Can see from the remaining balance on card)
Acknowledgment - Waiting

And wait begins!!

Defoe
Newly Registered

Re: ILR on multiple WPs

Post by Defoe » Tue May 17, 2011 12:02 pm

vkwpilr wrote:Hello all,

Thanks for sharing info here, it is very helpful.

Waiting........

Cheers
Very interested to know when you hear back, I have an acknowledgement letter received on the same day as you.

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Wed May 18, 2011 10:26 am

application submitted 27th april

confirmed delivered my royal mail 28th aptril

due to 2 bank holiday weekends, payment taken 9th may

confirmation letter recieved 10th may

now waiting...

vkwpilr
Newly Registered

yay got it today :)

Post by vkwpilr » Thu May 19, 2011 8:46 am

Hi All,

Just received my special delivery envelope from UKBA with my Passport with ILR and all original documents. Many Thanks for the information and updates.

Mine Was 5 years on different WPs for different employers.

ILR Stamp: 17th May 2011
All Docs/Passport received : 19th May 2011
Total Time: 8 Weeks (Average seems to be 6 weeks these days, mine may have been longer due to Bank holidays and change of rules around the same time)

I sent following Documents:

12 month Bank Statement
2 x P60s
12 month salary slip
Employer letter
Life in UK test pass certificate
All WP's till date

Best Of Luck to all applying and waiting.

Cheers

SRV_N
Newly Registered

Congrats VKWPILR

Post by SRV_N » Thu May 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi,

First of all congragulations on your ILR.

I have applied on the same date and received my acknowledgement around the same date as you. I got my acknowledgement letter from Croydon office and hence I am assuming mine should be processed in Croydon office. Can you please tell me which office was mentioned in you acknowledgement letter?. This will help me to work out timelines for me.

Thanks,

SRV

SRV_N
Newly Registered

Re: yay got it today :)

Post by SRV_N » Thu May 19, 2011 2:25 pm

vkwpilr wrote:Hi All,

Just received my special delivery envelope from UKBA with my Passport with ILR and all original documents. Many Thanks for the information and updates.

Mine Was 5 years on different WPs for different employers.

ILR Stamp: 17th May 2011
All Docs/Passport received : 19th May 2011
Total Time: 8 Weeks (Average seems to be 6 weeks these days, mine may have been longer due to Bank holidays and change of rules around the same time)

I sent following Documents:

12 month Bank Statement
2 x P60s
12 month salary slip
Employer letter
Life in UK test pass certificate
All WP's till date

Best Of Luck to all applying and waiting.

Cheers
Hi,

I have applied on the same date and received my acknowledgement around the same date as you. I got my acknowledgement letter from Croydon office and hence I am assuming mine should be processed in Croydon office. Can you please tell me which office was mentioned in you acknowledgement letter?. This will help me to work out timelines for me.

Thanks,

SRV

learningzone
Newly Registered

ILR Processing timelines

Post by learningzone » Thu May 19, 2011 3:57 pm

I have sent my papaers & passports for ILR and currently awaiting,here are the dates and progress so for

ILR SET(O) Forms, supporting docs & PP sent by post - 30Apr11
Appln delivered / received by UKBA - 03May11 (Royal wedding & May 02nd Bank holidays in between)
Fee debited (on the statement) - 16May2011

Current status - Awaiting!!

I received a letter from UKBA Charging ops team that it has been assigned to a case worker. I guess this team mainly monitors the payment not sure whether this is the acknowledgement, anyone differ with me here,please advise

vkwpilr
Newly Registered

Re: yay got it today :)

Post by vkwpilr » Thu May 19, 2011 4:45 pm

SRV_N wrote: Hi,

Thanks,

SRV
Hi,

My ack letter also came from Croydon however the ILR stamp says Liverpool.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

cmforest
Newly Registered

Post by cmforest » Sun May 22, 2011 9:18 pm

cmforest wrote:Hi,

I sent the new form Set (M). Mine was a straightforward application under an expiring 2-yr spouse visa. I am living with my British husband, he is working but since I moved to the UK 2 yrs ago, I have not been able to land a job due to the recession.

Applied: 1st April
Received by HO: 6th April
Payment Taken: 8th April
ILR received on 21st May! The date stamped on my passport was 18th. All in all, it took about 4 weeks to process.

Here's wishing everyone else gets theirs soon.

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Tue May 24, 2011 3:22 pm

coming up to 4 weeks since submission. but only 2 1/2 weeks since recieving confirmation letter.

the wait it agonising...

Luckyguy
Newly Registered

Post by Luckyguy » Wed May 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Defoe wrote:
saminkhan wrote:Hi

I applied on 29th March i.e. 8 weeks ago, still no response. Should i do antyhing i.e. call them etc.

My wife has just completed 8 months on Tier 1 dependant, what is the process for her? Does she need to change into spouse visa immediately or wait for the completion of her 2 years.

If she stays on Tier 1 dependant, is there any problem for her travelling abroad.

Thanks
I applied on the same date, and havent had a response either.

Tried calling them this morning but I was told they wont give you status updates on applications less than 14 weeks old :x
Have been reading this posts and its been very helpful to me.
I've had an agonising wait since 28th March.

This is my timeline:
28th March 2011: Application sent to HO (Set M) by special delivery
29th March : HO Received my application (i tracked it)
1st April : Payment taken from my bank account
7th April : I receive acknowledgement letter from HO dated 30thApril

My application is straight forward, but i wonder if the delay is because i did not include a special delivery envelope or what?, Others who applied after me have received their ILR :( :( :( :( :(