ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jonway12
Newly Registered

Re: Documents for NCS submission

Post by jonway12 » Sun May 08, 2011 10:49 pm

[quote="sworld"]I submitted my application via NCS at Central Bedfordshire council. However the lady over there, refused to take any supporting documents from me. The only documents she took was copies of my 'Life in the UK passing certificate' and my passport.

I urged her to take the letter from my employer, salary and bank statements, but her response was 'The home office gets annoyed, if we send loads of documents. In case of nationality applications, they have every information at their fingertips, so only the LiUK cert and passport is required'.

Anyone else had such an experience?[/quote]

Yes, the same thing happened in my case. Don't worry your application is fine

barua

Post by barua » Sun May 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Update

Criteria - 5 yrs WP + ILR

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission or posting: 15th March 2011
Date of UKBA receipt: 16 March 2011
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 21 March 2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 25 March 2011
Date of receipt of approval: 14 April, Received on 28th April
Date of Ceremony: 10th May
Date of passport application: TBC
Method used: TBC
Date of Receipt: TBC

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Mon May 09, 2011 7:05 am

barua wrote:Update

Congratulations barua

dx1129
Newly Registered

Post by dx1129 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:47 am

barua wrote:Update

thanks for the update and you are 100% free now!

my card was debited on 22 March, last call to HO was 21st April with answer ''waiting to be allocated to case worker''.

hope to get the approval letter in the coming weeks

raja_no_1

Post by raja_no_1 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:15 am

If a family of 4 applies for the citizenship..how many acknowledgment letter is sent by the home office once the payment is deducted..is this one or 4 letters for the 4 applications made?

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Mon May 09, 2011 12:43 pm

raja_no_1 wrote:If a family of 4 applies for the citizenship..how many acknowledgment letter is sent by the home office once the payment is deducted..is this one or 4 letters for the 4 applications made?
Only one debit for the payment and one acknowledgement with all the documents details those submitted.

daniash

Post by daniash » Mon May 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Glauco wrote:1st Recorded Class is rubbish.
Only special delivery guarantees next day delivery.

BUT having said that, they may have received your application and the Royal Mail page never shows the delivery properly. It happens to 1st and 2nd class recorded. It's absolutely crap.

I have sent 1st class recorded letters which already reached the destination 1 month ago and it still shows as "being processed through the network".
I rang up the HO this morning and they confirmed that it still hadn't arrived. It's been 5 days now. If it doesn't arrive either today or tomorrow I'm screwed, as on the 10th May 2006 I was boarding a plane to go away. If, say, it arrives on the 11th, should it just as well withdraw my application because it will surely fail, or should I risk it and send maybe a letter detailing 'special circumstances' (of which there are some in my case)?
Bloody Royal Mail. And bloody me for not sending it next day guaranteed.

allta

Post by allta » Mon May 09, 2011 3:38 pm

daniash wrote:
Glauco wrote:1st Recorded Class is rubbish.
Only special delivery guarantees next day delivery.

BUT having said that, they may have received your application and the Royal Mail page never shows the delivery properly. It happens to 1st and 2nd class recorded. It's absolutely crap.

I have sent 1st class recorded letters which already reached the destination 1 month ago and it still shows as "being processed through the network".
I rang up the HO this morning and they confirmed that it still hadn't arrived. It's been 5 days now. If it doesn't arrive either today or tomorrow I'm screwed, as on the 10th May 2006 I was boarding a plane to go away. If, say, it arrives on the 11th, should it just as well withdraw my application because it will surely fail, or should I risk it and send maybe a letter detailing 'special circumstances' (of which there are some in my case)?
Bloody Royal Mail. And bloody me for not sending it next day guaranteed.
Ring HO on Wednesday, withdraw your application if they haven't received it by cob Tuesday, that's what I'll do.
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

k786
Newly Registered

Post by k786 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:56 pm

[

[size=18]
[color=blue]i think thats the best option ring them and withdraw application if didnt reach in time , atleast you wont loose money and can reapply again , and dont get up set 'What doesn't kill you make you stronger'[quote][/color][/size][/quote]
Last edited by k786 on Mon May 09, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Mon May 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Yes, the best to do is as allta advised - to call and ask to withdraw the application in case they haven't received it by close of business on Tuesday.

It will be annoying to withdraw it as they haven't received it yet, so you will have to check this on a daily basis - just to make sure that once they receive your post you can then withdraw asap - ie: before they debit your card.

BUT I really hope that they record the details on their system before debiting the card. If this is one step only then it's annoying for you.
Probably they will be able to trace with the recorded mail. Home Office normally uses the Royal Mail tracking number.

If it doesn't work, you can always cancel your card so they will not debit the huge amount anyway. They would notify you to request a new payment method, and then you could request your application back.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon May 09, 2011 4:18 pm

I think HO will return your application to be dated afresh, when you can make sure that you were in the UK on that date 5 yrs ago. It doesn't matter if they take the money,so do not worry, your application may get delayed thats all , not rejected and they will not charge you twice.
The application first goes straight to the account department, so its worthwhile speaking to them when they acknowledge receipt on phone, which may be difficult as it will appear on the system only when the 'accounts dept' log it in after taking the money!!

all the best

daniash

Post by daniash » Mon May 09, 2011 4:56 pm

gidoc wrote:I think HO will return your application to be dated afresh, when you can make sure that you were in the UK on that date 5 yrs ago. It doesn't matter if they take the money,so do not worry, your application may get delayed thats all , not rejected and they will not charge you twice.
The application first goes straight to the account department, so its worthwhile speaking to them when they acknowledge receipt on phone, which may be difficult as it will appear on the system only when the 'accounts dept' log it in after taking the money!!

all the best
The next time I was in the UK 5 years ago is in September. That's why I am so frustrated. :evil:
Even if I do as they say I'll have to wait another 4 months during which I can't travel or apply for jobs. :'(

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon May 09, 2011 5:07 pm

The next time I was in the UK 5 years ago is in September. That's why I am so frustrated.
Even if I do as they say I'll have to wait another 4 months during which I can't travel or apply for jobs. :'(
Indeed, thats very frustrating!

Any luck with asking Royal Mail as to whats happened to the package?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon May 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Yes the best thing is to check with Royal Mail about the package.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:45 pm

daniash wrote:
The next time I was in the UK 5 years ago is in September. That's why I am so frustrated. :evil:
I will suggest that You also call royal mail to confirm delivery date before u call to with draw your application. Usually they deliver but they don't bother updating, its happened to me before and they were able to confirm the delivery date for me over the phone. As you flew out on the 10th of May, that might not count as being absent as u were in the UK on that day.... I think Its from the 11th of May u should start to get worried.

oluwa112

Citizenship Stage 2 of 3

Post by oluwa112 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:49 pm

CRITERIA - 10yrs Long Residence (Student all through) + 1 yr ILR
Type - NCS Sutton
Date of submission - 10/03/2011
Date reached HO – 11/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 18/03/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 22/03/2011 dated 17/03/2011
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council - 07/05/2011 - dated 27/04/2011
Date of Ceremony - 2nd June 2011... They did have 16th May Available but I will be outta town that week so wont be able to attend
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received –

jonway12
Newly Registered

Post by jonway12 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:07 pm

This information may benefit anyone who post. Note that royal mail staffs in liverpool are on a walk on. it started today 9/5/11 and they promise to continue tomorrow due to sacking of five staffs

jonway12
Newly Registered

Post by jonway12 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:08 pm

This information may benefit anyone who post. Note that royal mail staffs in liverpool are on a walk out(strike). it started today 9/5/11 and they promise to continue tomorrow due to sacking of five staffs

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon May 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Oluwa its good to see one's progress. I am trying my best not to call HO for atleast next few days. I am sure people know how it is to divert your attention when you feel like calling HO about your progress. what about Kamilan ? any update on your side buddy.

daniash

Re: post

Post by daniash » Mon May 09, 2011 9:54 pm

jonway12 wrote:This information may benefit anyone who post. Note that royal mail staffs in liverpool are on a walk out(strike). it started today 9/5/11 and they promise to continue tomorrow due to sacking of five staffs
You've got to be KIDDING me. Just my luck AGAIN! I'm completely shafted then. No hope at all then, my application will fail. P.S. And I hope they ALL get sacked. Bring on the robots.

model
Newly Registered

Lost registration number

Post by model » Tue May 10, 2011 5:47 am

I have lost my acconalgement letter. If i want to call Home office can I use my surname.
Application submitted on 30.03.11 NCS.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Tue May 10, 2011 7:07 am

ferrarilondon wrote:Oluwa its good to see one's progress. I am trying my best not to call HO for atleast next few days. I am sure people know how it is to divert your attention when you feel like calling HO about your progress. what about Kamilan ? any update on your side buddy.
Hey Ferrarilondon, I completely agree with you. It was my employer who was very keen and always asks for an update. I have said to HR, pls do not tempt me as it is very hard to resist. I am planning to call thim this coming Friday. I applied on 17th March, reached HO on 23 March, Card got deducted on 27th March

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Tue May 10, 2011 7:53 am

oluwa happi for you, sail on mate now u are a free man if you want ur certificate tmr u can squeez 30 to 50quid and get it in less than 15mins it all up to u but no rush mate as u have pass the most hardest stage..i bet u think and worry less now lol...

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Tue May 10, 2011 7:56 am

@ferrarilondon i think u will hear from HO before endin of this week or middle of next week dnt bother callin them jus relax...there is another way u could find out if HO has made decision,if u have a ref number call the local council and ask if you culd book a private ceremony give themn ur name n ref and they will check on there system and confirm if any decision has been made or not cos i think the HO send cert to them immidiately they make decision but sometimes its takes ages before u get the approval...oluwa got his on the 7th of may while decision was made on the 27th of april thats almost 2weeks gap so you can take a chance and ring the council hope you get what i mean...[/quote]

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue May 10, 2011 8:58 am

Thanks for response forwardever, I have enclosed a self addressed special deliviery envelope with my application. I am sure they will use it to send it to me, as i used NCS and they have not got my original passport to send it back to me. I will wait until friday than will call them. its mine 9th Week started.