ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Depedent visa - lost national insurance number

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

whybi
Newly Registered

Depedent visa - lost national insurance number

Post by whybi » Tue May 10, 2011 5:25 am

Hi all

Thank you for your help in advance.

I'm filling out the visa application form online for my wife (Tier 1 (general) dependent), and have a query on one of the question in the form. There is a question in the form, asking if I have a national insurance number and requesting the number if I have one.

How should I answer if she has the national insurance number but has lost the number? Is it ok to say that she has lost the number in the form? For example, provide 'lost' or 'not avail' instead of the NI number in the form?

Thanks!

duffy
Newly Registered

Post by duffy » Tue May 10, 2011 7:51 am

National Insurance number should be recorded on payslips, P60's or any correspondence from HMRC. Have look on them to see if you can get it or ask the HR dept for it.
Don't write that it is lost because you don't lose the number, you can lose the card it comes on but not the number.

whybi
Newly Registered

Post by whybi » Tue May 10, 2011 8:27 am

Thank you for the reply, but, if we had her taxation documents, I would not have said, she lost it.

She is not in UK at the moment and she used to study and work casual jobs in UK til about 5 years ago. When she returned to her country after her study, she has lost all her taxation documents (e.g. payslips, P60, etc) including her N.I. number.

We want to apply for her visa as soon as possible so if it is not much of an issue, we would like to apply, telling them we can not find the N.I. number, though she used to have one, which is true and us, being earnest.

If anyone confirm me, it'd be really appreciated. Thanks,

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Tue May 10, 2011 11:39 am

whybi wrote:Thank you for the reply, but, if we had her taxation documents, I would not have said, she lost it.

She is not in UK at the moment and she used to study and work casual jobs in UK til about 5 years ago. When she returned to her country after her study, she has lost all her taxation documents (e.g. payslips, P60, etc) including her N.I. number.

We want to apply for her visa as soon as possible so if it is not much of an issue, we would like to apply, telling them we can not find the N.I. number, though she used to have one, which is true and us, being earnest.

If anyone confirm me, it'd be really appreciated. Thanks,
There is a government department called the HMRC that she can call to enquire about this information. Or she can call her previous employers.

If all these fails, then just leave that section blank.The HO can always check these things if it is of particular interest to them.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 10, 2011 11:53 am

If interested in finding out the lost / forgotten NIN, see also If you've lost or can't remember your National Insurance number.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

whybi
Newly Registered

Post by whybi » Tue May 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Thank you all again for your assistance.

We decided to put 'Not avail-lost' in the field as the online application does not allow blank field. Initially, we were considering to say she doesn't have the N.I. number, but, then we're not being honest.

I thought about inquiring HMRC but I found out that it may take up to 12 weeks to get the number posted.

Hope it won't cause much problem as it is not of any significant detail as far as I concern, and also as beecharmer1800bc mentioned, they may be able to find it without much problem, if it is of any interest to them.

Willy2k22
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Depedent visa - lost national insurance number

Post by Willy2k22 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:30 pm

Please what was the outcome when you used 'Not-avail-lost' I am currently faced with the same situation and need advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Depedent visa - lost national insurance number

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:36 pm

Willy2k22 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:30 pm
Please what was the outcome when you used 'Not-avail-lost' I am currently faced with the same situation and need advise.
1. This topic is 7 years old and none of these members are active on the forum anymore.

2. Please refrain from digging up old topics. Start your own topic based on your circumstances in the correct visa sub forum please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.