ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rnr79
Member of Standing

NCS Appointment

Post by rnr79 » Tue May 10, 2011 7:09 pm

hi guys...i have my NCS appointment this friday, i have been reading this forum for a time now and has been veru hlefpul.

But if you guys have some tips for me that would be useful. Apart from application, life in the uk test, passports and the required documents, should i take couple of next day delivery envelopes with me for approval delivery etc, should i write my address on those or HO send invitiation letter dirctly to Council?

Should i take anything else ot speed up the reply or return envelopes etc?

Thanks

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue May 10, 2011 8:39 pm

You do not need anything except for passport and LIUK test certificate, if you used another ID for LIUK test, you will need that as well, nil else is required, except of course the fee !

allta

Post by allta » Wed May 11, 2011 12:09 pm

gidoc wrote:You do not need anything except for passport and LIUK test certificate, if you used another ID for LIUK test, you will need that as well, nil else is required, except of course the fee !
Actually gidoc, not in all cases....my NCS personnel declined to photocopy my driver's lic even though I used it for my LIUK. She said they don't need it that my "passport is sufficient to proof my identity".
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 11, 2011 12:44 pm

allta wrote:my NCS personnel declined to photocopy my driver's lic even though I used it for my LIUK. She said they don't need it that my "passport is sufficient to proof my identity".
Which is contrary to the the following instruction:
Evidence of identity wrote:* if you used one of these documents when you took the Knowledge of Life in the UK test you will be expected to use it again by enclosing it with your naturalisation application
Has your application been approved? If not, hope that this error from NCS end doesn't lead to a refusal.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed May 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Actually gidoc, not in all cases....my NCS personnel declined to photocopy my driver's lic even though I used it for my LIUK. She said they don't need it that my "passport is sufficient to proof my identity"
I agree with Sush, the guidance is quite clear and NCS should ask if you used any other ID for LIUK apart from passport.

NCS is not perfect and we have had a case here where NCS did not send off the payment slip!!

Keep your fingers crossed( and toes).
Evidence of identity wrote:
* if you used one of these documents when you took the Knowledge of Life in the UK test you will be expected to use it again by enclosing it with your naturalisation application

Has your application been approved? If not, hope that this error from NCS end doesn't lead to a refusal.

allta

Post by allta » Wed May 11, 2011 4:37 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
allta wrote:my NCS personnel declined to photocopy my driver's lic even though I used it for my LIUK. She said they don't need it that my "passport is sufficient to proof my identity".
Evidence of identity wrote:* if you used one of these documents when you took the Knowledge of Life in the UK test you will be expected to use it again by enclosing it with your naturalisation application
C'mon man, don't add to my worry!!!! :-) lol

Seriously, the NCS personnels are trained to know what is required and what is not! They do document checks and let you know if any doc is needed or not.

I agree they are not perfect, but If HO needs my Driver's licence, they can request for it rather than reject my application outright. There are many cases where HO contacts applicants for more information, rather than just rejecting in first instance.
[/url]

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed May 11, 2011 6:31 pm

NCS only sends off your application, it is not supposed to check for errors but often they do.
We have only pointed out the correct guidance.

allta

Post by allta » Wed May 11, 2011 6:39 pm

gidoc wrote:NCS only sends off your application, it is not supposed to check for errors but often they do.
We have only pointed out the correct guidance.
Thanks, if HO requires more doc, they will ask for it. Until then, I refused to worry over this.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 11, 2011 8:58 pm

yes alta dont worry over it, just wait and see you should be ok

allta

Post by allta » Thu May 12, 2011 8:21 am

ferrarilondon wrote:yes alta dont worry over it, just wait and see you should be ok
Thanks ferrrarilondon, you're very encouraging and I appreciate you and the other fellas on this forum.

I called HO today to enquire about this....the person I spoke to said not to worry that it's not needed in principle. But that if the personnel on my case needs my Driving lic, they will write to request it.

So, HO will not refuse my app because NCS declined to photocopy my Driv licence as it was used as evidence of identity and if they need it, they will ask for it....."simples"

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 12, 2011 9:22 am

how about your update ? :lol: did you check it

allta

Post by allta » Thu May 12, 2011 9:46 am

ferrarilondon wrote:how about your update ? :lol: did you check it
ha....didn't summon enough courage to ask for update. I said to the gentleman "I learnt it takes up to 6months to receive decision these days". He replied "It can take up to 6months or less in most cases - 95% of cases are decided less than 6months"...that was the end of the discussion and I thanked him for his time.

Although, he asked for my name, dob, address etc. to pull up my records, just didn't ask him what he saw on his screen as per update on my case.

I will call again when my application reaches 12weeks. Just called today to confirm my understanding about the LITUK and driv lic issues.

Kevin_K
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin_K » Thu May 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Alta- I have a British License that I used for LIUK test and I was never asked for it at the NCS. I was told that my passport is more than enough for identity proof. Dont worry mate, you'll be fine :)

allta

Post by allta » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:00 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
FYI - my application got approved and I'm now a BC. So, it confirms my understanding that you need not supply DL if used for LITUK as long as you supplied a valid passport.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:06 am

allta wrote: FYI - my application got approved and I'm now a BC. So, it confirms my understanding that you need not supply DL if used for LITUK as long as you supplied a valid passport.
Congratulation!

Don't you become the BC only after you take oath?

So Allta .. would you mind telling me how long did it take you to get the approval letter? i do not know the date you applied.

Thanks in advance.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.