ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VSAndroid

Re: Received my documents today

Post by VSAndroid » Fri May 20, 2011 10:12 am

ferrerorocher wrote:
Bhumi wrote:Hi looks like caseworkers have started dealing with march 3rd week applications now......i received my original documents by special delivery today.....also called HO just now and they said application is still under consideration and not yet made decision and may take 3-6 months.....

I guess since the documents have been returned, the application has been taken up by caseworker and they may taken copies of the documents and returned it back....this could be a process for postal applications....still eagerly waiting for brown envelope....lets see how long....
@Bhumi, do you think HO deals with applications on first come first basis? I believe my application is straightforward but when I called them this morning I was told that my application has not been allocated to a case worker yet.

Despite HO received my app on 27/04 they only deducted the fee on the 13th of April.

Jimmy
Dude, relax, you only applied in April. Some people here have applied in Feb or ear march and has still not heard anything.

sid79

Post by sid79 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:43 am

Application received by HO on 3rd March ... called yesterday for an update the asnwer was "Still under Consideration" .... I am very frustrated about the inconsistency of HO, as i can see guys getting approval who applied on 21st March ..... and some cases from FEB are still pending .. :(

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri May 20, 2011 10:54 am

Hey Guys,

I have a strange situation here. I applied for Naturalisation on 20th March (NCS) and after waiting a little anxiously and a lot patiently I phoned them last week and they said that a decision has been made and I should be hearing from them in the next few days.

I finally received my approval letter today but when I phoned the Council to book my ceremony they said that for some unknown reason it has been called back by the Home Office and that I need to contact them directly.

I phoned the UKBA and they said that the approval was sent out in error due to system fault and its still under consideration and there are checks being made and that they will write to me in due course...

:( any ideas what it means...???

Erun

Post by Erun » Fri May 20, 2011 10:54 am

Whilst a shorter processing time of one month would have really been preferrable, I suppose it's somewhat reassuring to see all these two month approvals coming in. I just hope they keep it up or perhaps even reduce that time.

Congratulations to all getting their approvals. :)

mygrant
Newly Registered

Post by mygrant » Fri May 20, 2011 11:02 am

CRITERIA - :4 years HSMP (JR) + 1 year ILR
NCS or Postal: POSTAL
Date of submission or posting: 23/03/2011
HO received: 24/03/2011 (Guaranteed nxt day delivery)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 05/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement dated 10/04/2011
Date of receipt of approval: Still Pending
Date of Ceremony: TBC
Date of appln. for passport : TBC
Method used: TBC
Date of Receipt: TBC
Like many here, I fought the urge to call HO for status of application but finally gave in on Monday 16/05/2011 and the Lady advised waiting to be processed. Not sure what that means. I would be calling them again by Monday for update if not heard from them over the weekend and would keep you guys posted. Thank you all for sharing your citizenship odyssey experience.

Just Called HO today and was adv status is that it is now under consideration. :?
Last edited by mygrant on Wed May 25, 2011 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri May 20, 2011 11:19 am

@ vinseh , I have never heard some thing like yours before. It might be a true error or may be their supervisors decided to look into it in details. But its definitely unique scenario. Which category you applied under. Any convictions , tax issues etc?

rhian123
Newly Registered

Post by rhian123 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:22 am

[quote="mygrant"]Having benefitted in no small measure to each and every member’s post on their naturalisation status in the past few weeks, I feel obligated to share my application status and experience so that many others in similar situation may know they are not alone and that many like them, also have the same feeling of anxiety, frustration and hope. I encourage the many like me who have benefited and are still benefitting from stealthily reading posts on this forum’s website, to have the courage to signup as I have and share their experiences like the pioneers before us have done. “A problem shared is half solved.â€

tintin

Post by tintin » Fri May 20, 2011 11:39 am

vinseh wrote:Hey Guys,

I have a strange situation here. I applied for Naturalisation on 20th March (NCS) and after waiting a little anxiously and a lot patiently I phoned them last week and they said that a decision has been made and I should be hearing from them in the next few days.

I finally received my approval letter today but when I phoned the Council to book my ceremony they said that for some unknown reason it has been called back by the Home Office and that I need to contact them directly.

I phoned the UKBA and they said that the approval was sent out in error due to system fault and its still under consideration and there are checks being made and that they will write to me in due course...

this is very strange. Did you ring them to find out whats going on?

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri May 20, 2011 11:41 am

ferrarilondon wrote:@ vinseh , I have never heard some thing like yours before. It might be a true error or may be their supervisors decided to look into it in details. But its definitely unique scenario. Which category you applied under. Any convictions , tax issues etc?
no...no tax issues no convictions nothing, in fact i have been on maternity leave since last year and I applied together with my husband. I received my letter this morning but not his so I phoned the home office prior to calling the council and at that time they said that both applications were completed at the same time so you should receive your husband's letter very soon too. But when I phoned the council the scenario changed completely, i'm even more worried now than I was before hearing anything from them since last 7-8 weeks :((

I applied under 5 yrs WP + 1 yr ILR

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri May 20, 2011 11:42 am

i did, and that's when they said the stuff about the error etc
tintin wrote:
vinseh wrote:Hey Guys,

this is very strange. Did you ring them to find out whats going on?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri May 20, 2011 11:46 am

Well good luck for approval no 2 Visneh

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri May 20, 2011 11:51 am

ferrarilondon wrote:Well good luck for approval no 2 Visneh
yeah thanks :) i forgot to ask them if i should just ignore the one i received, that might have prompted them to say something or to divulge some more secret info :)

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Fri May 20, 2011 12:00 pm

vinseh wrote:
yeah thanks :) i forgot to ask them if i should just ignore the one i received, that might have prompted them to say something or to divulge some more secret info :)
could it be as simple as they not sending both approval letters together...

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri May 20, 2011 12:07 pm

i hope and wish it is...
rightmove wrote:
vinseh wrote:

blkdiamonds
Newly Registered

Post by blkdiamonds » Fri May 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Hey guys...

Just to let you all know I rang the home office yesturday and they advised me that a decision has been made and it should be arriving with me shortly! Not sure how long it will take to come, very anxious and hoping that it is the approval I have been waiting for. Will keep you all posted.

Just to remind you all of my process so far...applied on 17th March 2011, debited 21st March 2011, ackn letter recvd 23rd March 2011, documents (passport, marriage certificate etc) sent back to me dated 06th May 2011 and now 19th May decision made....awaiting letter. Applied under 2 yr spouse visa..ILR issued september 2010.

Thanks

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Fri May 20, 2011 12:18 pm

vinseh wrote:i hope and wish it is...
rightmove wrote:
vinseh wrote:
whose work permit is it, your's or your husband's? and is ur husband working?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri May 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Congratulations blkdoamonds, you will have your approval very soon

blkdiamonds
Newly Registered

Post by blkdiamonds » Fri May 20, 2011 12:27 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Congratulations blkdoamonds, you will have your approval very soon
Thanks ferrarilondon, i do hope its the approval! I did ring my local council today to be abit cheeky to see if they could tell me if they had my certificate yet. The lady was very helpful and she checked a lot of certificates that came down from the HO that day but didnt see anything for me...im guessing it takes awhile for the certificate to arrive their from HO.

Hope you get your approval soon, i know you been waiting ahile

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri May 20, 2011 12:28 pm

yes waiting since 14th March.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri May 20, 2011 12:29 pm

I was on WP and yes my husband works too.

rightmove wrote:
vinseh wrote:i hope and wish it is...
rightmove wrote:
vinseh wrote:
whose work permit is it, your's or your husband's? and is ur husband working?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri May 20, 2011 12:30 pm

and also my family ( wife and kids ) are keep delaying their plans to disney land Paris because of my delay in Naturalisation But i hope I will get it before summer holidays as their prices suddenly become double in July, August.

blkdiamonds
Newly Registered

Post by blkdiamonds » Fri May 20, 2011 12:36 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:and also my family ( wife and kids ) are keep delaying their plans to disney land Paris because of my delay in Naturalisation But i hope I will get it before summer holidays as their prices suddenly become double in July, August.
Yeah i hope you do..I need to be travelling the first week in July myself. It seems though that the passport application process is very fast from what people have been posting. I spoke to my council to find out how they do the private ceremonies. She advised they do one every Monday and it costs £75 so I think i might do that.

Kiran234

Post by Kiran234 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:42 pm

Do we have to call NCS to check for the ceremony or is there any other team within the council sothat i can organise for a private ceremony

Kiran234

Post by Kiran234 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:59 pm

justo spoke to the NCS guys.. they confirmed that they have received our certificates..

it seems like my approval letter is lost somewhere in a black hole... lol..

blkdiamonds
Newly Registered

Post by blkdiamonds » Fri May 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Kiran234 wrote:justo spoke to the NCS guys.. they confirmed that they have received our certificates..

it seems like my approval letter is lost somewhere in a black hole... lol..
Hi Kiran..can I ask when did you find out your decision letter was on its way and did you apply through the NCS or by post? thanks