ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harpreetsk
Newly Registered

Post by harpreetsk » Sat May 21, 2011 5:14 am

My wife applied in July 2009. She recieved the approval in post last week. We were asked to submit additional documents in March.

Looks like the process is changing as they are now asking to send all fees and photo etc before hand and attend a citizenship ceremony where the certificate will be prsented. So you don't have to first go to court for oath, then send in your docs and wait for the cert.

And by the way she applied on the basis of spouse of Irish citizen.

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Sat May 21, 2011 9:28 am

harpreetsk wrote:My wife applied in July 2009. She recieved the approval in post last week. We were asked to submit additional documents in March.

Looks like the process is changing as they are now asking to send all fees and photo etc before hand and attend a citizenship ceremony where the certificate will be prsented. So you don't have to first go to court for oath, then send in your docs and wait for the cert.

Congratulations and thanx for all the information

crown

Post by crown » Sat May 21, 2011 9:50 am

HOTSPURS wrote:Congrats nd2011 !! i received my cert yesterday as well. i had posted my documents on Mar 7th.
Congrats
Crown

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Sat May 21, 2011 9:56 am

Congratulation to you and your spouse harpreetsk. This system now seems likes to be either a lottery or i think profiling of candidates picking and choosing. my friend on work permit only wait 28 months before got his decision and he apply after me but i have got no answer not even request to submit document since 3 years but i keep submitting them.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat May 21, 2011 10:17 am

harpreetsk wrote:My wife applied in July 2009. She recieved the approval in post last week. We were asked to submit additional documents in March.

Great news! Congratulations to your wife harpreetsk. This again confirms that some improvement with the naturalization process. Great to see the queue moving.

Go on Alan!
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

still waiting

c dis

Post by still waiting » Sat May 21, 2011 11:12 am

I can inform the Deputy that I have initiated steps within my Department to provide for speedier processing of applications to bring about a substantial reduction in the processing timescale. The new arrangements will be publicly announced once my Department is in a position to implement them.

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... 6#g260.0.r
appli sub jan 2009. add doc. sub may 2011

PIKKA

Re: c dis

Post by PIKKA » Sat May 21, 2011 12:59 pm

CONGRATULATIONS nd2011, HOTSPURS and harpreetsk

Whatever Alan Shatter say I would only believe all this speedier processing thing when me (Applied July 2008),my Husband(Applied in Nov,2006) and some other people I know who applied in Dec 2005, Jan 2007 and Feb 2007 would get their decisions.
still waiting wrote:I can inform the Deputy that I have initiated steps within my Department to provide for speedier processing of applications to bring about a substantial reduction in the processing timescale. The new arrangements will be publicly announced once my Department is in a position to implement them.

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... 6#g260.0.r
PIKKA

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Sat May 21, 2011 7:46 pm

an y nrw news my dear friends ?

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Sat May 21, 2011 9:10 pm

BANDAR wrote:an y nrw news my dear friends ?

ya queen is back just obama now
appli sub jan 2009. add doc. sub may 2011

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sat May 21, 2011 10:08 pm

Congratulations harpreetsk. When was the file sent to Minister for approval?

Where will the citizenship ceremony will be held? does it mean that your wife has to take oath and go for citizenship ceremony at some other place?

tullamore
BANNED

Post by tullamore » Sun May 22, 2011 7:47 am

Citizenship-ceremony takes place in Dublin only where the presentation takes place- all monies to be paid beforehand.

harpreetsk
Newly Registered

Post by harpreetsk » Sun May 22, 2011 7:50 am

ChIrl wrote:Congratulations harpreetsk.
Thanks
ChIrl wrote:When was the file sent to Minister for approval?
I do not know when it was sent for approval because we never contacted DOJ.
ChIrl wrote:Where will the citizenship ceremony will be held?
Ceremony is in Dublin.
ChIrl wrote:does it mean that your wife has to take oath and go for citizenship ceremony at some other place?
No this means that they will organise the oath taking for a number of people together and then distribute the naturalisation certificate at the oath taking ceremony itself. I think these type of ceremonies where a Judge was invited to hold the oath taking at some hotel etc to clear bulk applicants have happened in past also. The difference this time is that the oath and certificate happen there itself. You do not have to wait for another 2 months after oath to recieve your cert.

Latan

Post by Latan » Sun May 22, 2011 4:54 pm

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT....IT'S HERE....I FINALLY GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!

YEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'VE GOT IT, I'VE GRADUATED

CLASS OF 2009 !!!!!!

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Sun May 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Congrats Latan..I am so happy for you..I also got mine last week!! Am taking oath next week..good luck to you and all the others from 2009...me included..hooray!!!!

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Sun May 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Latan wrote:I CAN'T BELIEVE IT....IT'S HERE....I FINALLY GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!

CLASS OF 2009 !!!!!!

Congr. Latan

Out of interest, did you receive the approval by old or new system?

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sun May 22, 2011 8:30 pm

CLASS OF 2009 !!!!!!
Hi
Congratulations on your graduation, enjoy and sleep peaceful nights after a lot of celebrations
PIKKA

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun May 22, 2011 8:53 pm

CLASS OF 2009 !!!!!!
So Latan,
first of all congratulation, secondly go back and read all of latest thread as we were saying none of 2009 applicants will get his decision this year.
anyway enjoy the moment
congratulations again.
a question please
did they ask you for further documents?
I applied on july 2009 and they requested further documents on first week of May 2011 and submitted the week after, but anyway I know my chances are little to get the approval, just trying.
just remember me in your prayers.
peace on you

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Sun May 22, 2011 10:11 pm

CLASS OF 2009 !!!!!!
That's great news Latan. Many congratulations.

I'm 2008 batch, and still waiting.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Mon May 23, 2011 10:01 am

Latan,
enjoy your irishness buddy. Congratulation on both successes.

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

CLASS OF 2009 !!!!!!

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Mon May 23, 2011 11:08 am

So Latan,
first of all congratulation, secondly go back and read all of latest thread as we were saying none of 2009 applicants will get his decision this year.
anyway enjoy the moment
congratulations again.
a question please
did they ask you for further documents?
I applied on july 2009 and they requested further documents on first week of May 2011 and submitted the week after, but anyway I know my chances are little to get the approval, just trying.
just remember me in your prayers.
[/quote]

Hi IRISH PHAROE
We both r on same boat, DoJ ask me to submit doc in first week of may aswell got my acknowledgement nxt second week of may,v i am in the same situation as u r, jst hope for the best and prey.
keep in touch.
best of luck

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Mon May 23, 2011 11:58 am

CLASS OF 2009 !!!!!!

Congratulations Latan
its surprising news, u were always on negative side, anyway enjoy of being irish and pls let us know did Doj ask u additional doc, as ur previous post it doesnt seem u were asked for anything, i guess ur sources helped u alot.
best wishes

Green land

Post by Green land » Mon May 23, 2011 11:58 am

Hi guys, I hope somebody could help me.

I have never claimed unemployment benefit (never being off work) however as I had an operation last year I received illness benefit for the time I could not work as my employer did not pay me anything for that time.

Would anybody know if that has some bearing on the citizenship application? I do not think it should because it will be very unfair but still wonder….

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon May 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Green land wrote:Hi guys, I hope somebody could help me.

I have never claimed unemployment benefit (never being off work) however as I had an operation last year I received illness benefit for the time I could not work as my employer did not pay me anything for that time.

Would anybody know if that has some bearing on the citizenship application? I do not think it should because it will be very unfair but still wonder….
My advise to you is what you have done is done so do not bother yourself and live in limbo, just wait and see what will happen and then put your experience in the forum in here.
and it will be great if there someone with the same experience who can tell us.
peace on you

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Mon May 23, 2011 12:37 pm

CLASS OF 2009 !!!!!!
LATAN...DID INIS ASK FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS BEFORE APPROVING YOUR APPLICATION?
I APPLIED IN JAN 2009 DIDN'T ASKED ANY FURTHER DOCUMENTS BY TODATE.
BUT ON MY INITIATIVE SENT P21 AND UPDATED PASSPORT STAMPS COPIES TO INIS LAST YEAR.
NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON

Latan

Post by Latan » Mon May 23, 2011 12:57 pm

NOTHING REQUESTED AT ALL !!!