ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query (For Contractor)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Due4ILR
Newly Registered

ILR Query (For Contractor)

Post by Due4ILR » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:14 am

Apologies if it has been posted earlier, I tried looking at old post but tough luck....

However, my case is -

WP ( July 2006 Till Sep 2008 + WP Transfer to local UK Employer Sep 2008 Till Dec 2009 + Tier 1 General from Dec 2009 Till Dec 2012).

From Oct 2010 I'm working as a IT Contractor with my own Ltd company set up (Getting Salary of some amount + Dividend)

I'm due to apply for ILR in July 2011,

I've P45 and Salary Slip + Bank Statement from past, However Just need to understand what can I show as a current employment letter... as I'm not a Permanent Employee and working as Contractor... also, my salary (Which I'm getting from Ltd Company) is less and my dividend is more...

How to Justify the case...

Thanks

mfwales

Post by mfwales » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi, I am in similar situation as yours. I am self employed too (non IT though). I think there is no need for employer's letter for self employed. In addition to other documents, I plan to carry a letter from accountant showing the dividends + salary you pay yourself each month. In addition, I would also carry bank statements to corroborate the cash flow as per accountant letter. Here is a template for accountant's letter -

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 988#317988

Some guys here were also asked about company accounts. So I would take a copy of company accounts in case they ask for it.

MarcusB
Newly Registered

Post by MarcusB » Mon May 30, 2011 7:58 am

I'm curious how this worked - the new rule says for Tier 1 you need to pass the points test to get ILR. Can you post about your experiences?