ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

diago_nelson

Re: Got approval !!!

Post by diago_nelson » Sat May 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Got my ceremony letter today 28-May dated 18-May.
I will book the ceremony on Tuesday.
diago_nelson wrote:Dear friends,
Got my approval today for BC

CRITERIA - :WP+tier1+ILR (5+1yr)
NCS or Postal: POSTAL
Date of submission or posting: 21-Mar-2011
HO received: 22-Mar-2011
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 25-Mar-2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement dated: 25-Mar-2011
Date of receipt of HO approval (alongwith documents): 19-MAY-2011 (letter dated 17-MAY-2011)
waiting for invitation letter.....

All the best to those waiting !

Cheers!

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun May 29, 2011 8:12 am

Postal applicants seem to be getting their application a bit quicker, just an observation. The one from April, has had everything done more quickly, including the fee being taken off.

IMS2011
Newly Registered

need any advice / help

Post by IMS2011 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:26 am

CRITERIA - 5 years wp plus 1 year ILR
Type - NCS via BATH
Date of submission - 15TH SEPTEMBER 2010
Date reached HO - 22 SEPTEMBER 2010
Date of debit of credit card - 17TH SEPTEMBER 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 22 SEPTEMBER 2010
Date of receipt of approval - WAITING ......
Date of Ceremony - WAITING.........
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received

ANY SUGGESTIONS ?!?!!?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sun May 29, 2011 12:09 pm

@IMS2011 you should definitely call HO and ask them whats going on as you have already submitted your application around 8 months ago.

IMS2011
Newly Registered

Post by IMS2011 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:31 pm

@ ferrarilondon - I called them couple of times in the past, but they didn't give any information except status "on going".

i am bit frustrated but HO has got there own way of working, i don't know how can i get some information or time-scale from HO.

I'll call them again on Tuesday.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sun May 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Normally they always say that you have to wait 6 months, but in your case it has gone pass 6 months ago. Sure you need some answers, but don't forget the nationality is not a right so be polite with them on the phone and remind them that it should be within 6 months. Do you have any convictions or any problems i.e tax issues etc?

You can also contact your local MP about this.

sidra4015

citizenship

Post by sidra4015 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:30 pm

HI
I am new member joing to day in a form,any one give me answer about citizensip application,how long you will take back your passport,after appling,thanks waiting for your kind answer thanks

Nazia88

Re: citizenship

Post by Nazia88 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:16 pm

sidra4015 wrote:HI
I am new member joing to day in a form,any one give me answer about citizensip application,how long you will take back your passport,after appling,thanks waiting for your kind answer thanks
i think you will get your documents back with the decsion letter and if you want to keep your passport with you so plz go through NCS they will check your doucuments and will sent to UKBA.

CheerfulBelle
Newly Registered

Post by CheerfulBelle » Mon May 30, 2011 8:43 pm

New poster here.

Just thought I would share this with those who have used the NCS or are thinking of doing so. I don't want to worry anyone though..

I sent my application via the NCS on the 17.05.11. On saturday I received a letter from the UKBA stating that a 'fee payment' was not included with my application, and that it will be refused if payment is not received within 14 days from the date of the letter. I am absolutely fuming as the form was definitely there, and the NCS requested it as part of their 'checking' service :evil:

I now regret going through them as the form has definitely been lost somewhere along the way.. (though it could have been lost by the UKBA, who knows?) I have thought of requesting my NCS fee back or making a complaint. I will now have to fork out £6 to send the payment form via the royal mail next day service.

I just thought I would rant/share with you my experience, and that using the NCS is not necessarily a guarantee of all the necessary documents being received by the UKBA.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:03 am

CheerfulBelle wrote:New poster here.

Just thought I would share this with those who have used the NCS or are thinking of doing so. I don't want to worry anyone though..

I sent my application via the NCS on the 17.05.11. On saturday I received a letter from the UKBA stating that a 'fee payment' was not included with my application, and that it will be refused if payment is not received within 14 days from the date of the letter. I am absolutely fuming as the form was definitely there, and the NCS requested it as part of their 'checking' service :evil:

I now regret going through them as the form has definitely been lost somewhere along the way.. (though it could have been lost by the UKBA, who knows?) I have thought of requesting my NCS fee back or making a complaint. I will now have to fork out £6 to send the payment form via the royal mail next day service.

I just thought I would rant/share with you my experience, and that using the NCS is not necessarily a guarantee of all the necessary documents being received by the UKBA.
NCS is generally good service but depends on the council, training they give to the officers etc.... Lately I have found that those who send their applications by post get a bit sooner through the system as compared with those who send via NCS.

It's a shame that you ve had a bad experience, however, for those who require their passports have no choice but use NCS

sidra4015

Post by sidra4015 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:55 am

THANKS NAZIA
ACCTUALLY I HAVE APPLIED ALREADY ON 19/05/11,I WANT TO TRAVEL WITH FAMILY 15/07/11 THAT IS WHY NEED PASSPORT,IF THEY NOT SEND UNTILL 15/07 CAN I REQUEST BY PHONE,ANY ONE EXP FOR THAT,THANKS

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue May 31, 2011 9:24 am

@sidra4015 You can request your passports back if its already been scanned on their system and has gone through initial vetting process. You can call them and ask them about this , but they take up to 10 working days to send the passport .

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:15 am

I see 'application scanned date' here for many timelines...how do we know that when the application is scanned? Is that by calling HO?

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:16 am

rnr79 wrote:I see 'application scanned date' here for many timelines...how do we know that when the application is scanned? Is that by calling HO?
Yes calling to HO. All progress are known only by calling HO. If they do not directly say you whether the application is scanned or not, you can request for your passport if it is not needed any more with them. They will send you within 10 days if it has been scanned to their system.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:42 am

nax_72 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:I see 'application scanned date' here for many timelines...how do we know that when the application is scanned? Is that by calling HO?
Yes calling to HO. All progress are known only by calling HO. If they do not directly say you whether the application is scanned or not, you can request for your passport if it is not needed any more with them. They will send you within 10 days if it has been scanned to their system.
thanks nax_72...its been only 17 days since i applied..so i think i will wait for 4-5 weeks before i make any call to HO :D

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:09 pm

quite interesting...i was just going throguh the old timelines (2005-2006) on this forum and many applications were completed in 2-3 weeks but there seems to be lot of applications which took 2-3 months to complete...so the recent delays are not new then...it seems, same used to happen for many applications in 2005-06 as well

dsk

Re: HO

Post by dsk » Tue May 31, 2011 12:23 pm

bierebaron wrote:Just got off the phone with the HO a few minutes ago and to my surprise I spoke to a mate of mine from back in my high school days who works for the HO now. (What are the odds) I hope this information will give you guys a bit of hope.

Apparently they are planning to send out a lot of letters (no sure if they are approvals or acknowledgements) next week after the bank holiday. Those who made any application in March should be receiving letters through this week or next week but apparently they have sped up their processing times.

I made my application last week of April so hopefully I should be expecting something mid-end June. But I hope those who applied earlier than me receive your good news sooner.

The long wait will definitely make the approval sweeter.
i wish your words are true our payment was taken on 2nd march and we (family, 2a 2 kids) are still waiting. Called HO thrice we got the same answer all the time, under consideration, case worker not allocated.

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Tue May 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Quick Update:

Applied on the 26/03/2011
Recieved Acknowledgement Letter: 05/04/2011

I just called them today for the first time to let them know I am travelling to EU on my current nationality in July.

They also told me that my application is with the caseworker and the decision has not been made and the current time taken for each application is around 3months...

Anyone applied after me got their approvals yet?

Markie

Post by Markie » Tue May 31, 2011 2:47 pm

Mine was 28th March sent to HO with approval letter recvd last saturday, 28th May

VSAndroid wrote:Quick Update:

I just called them today for the first time to let them know I am travelling to EU on my current nationality in July.

They also told me that my application is with the caseworker and the decision has not been made and the current time taken for each application is around 3months...

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Tue May 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Congrats! - Hopefully, mine is not too far behind... I guess they will be going through more checks for me since I am a family member of EEA National and they will want to check up on my father and see if he is fulfilling the treaty rights...

I have got nothing to worry about so I am not too worried. I think I will hear from UKBA sometimes within next two weeks.

Markie wrote:Mine was 28th March sent to HO with approval letter recvd last saturday, 28th May

allta

Post by allta » Tue May 31, 2011 3:21 pm

VSAndroid wrote:Congrats! - Hopefully, mine is not too far behind... I guess they will be going through more checks for me since I am a family member of EEA National and they will want to check up on my father and see if he is fulfilling the treaty rights...

I have got nothing to worry about so I am not too worried. I think I will hear from UKBA sometimes within next two weeks.

Markie wrote:Mine was 28th March sent to HO with approval letter recvd last saturday, 28th May

Hello matey, I applied on 25th of March via NCS, called them last Friday and HO said decision has been taken to wait for the brown envelope in 2 weeks (the longest two weeks of my UK life!!!)

Anyways, I'm hoping it's a good decision for me matey, hope yours will come this week or next week too mate.
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:52 pm

BROWN ENVELOPE...wht dose that mean all others colors means rufusal ???

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue May 31, 2011 4:14 pm

Brown Envelope means all correspondence from HO or most of the Government authorities are in brown envelopes. This doesn't mean that refusal or approvals would be in different colours.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:51 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Brown Envelope means all correspondence from HO or most of the Government authorities are in brown envelopes. This doesn't mean that refusal or approvals would be in different colours.
ok i understand that but if we send our own special delivery prepaid envelope, dose they send it back to that or they still use their own envelope.
nazia x

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue May 31, 2011 5:00 pm

In my case they send my special delivery envelope back along with the approval letter in brown envelope.