ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW (degree ending in May 2012)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chat_danielle
Newly Registered

PSW (degree ending in May 2012)

Post by chat_danielle » Mon May 09, 2011 10:39 pm

Good day...

I am currently studying in a university under Bsc (Hons) programme. It is a 2-year cfourse and we've started October 2010 and will finish on MAY 2012....

The PSW application ends in APRIL 2012 if I'm not mistaken... and our university told us they can't help us about the situation and that we have to finish the whole course before they could provide any papers for us.

But from what I hear from my friends who were under PSW now but from different university, they were able to apply within twelve months before they obtained the degree. I ask my school about this but they told me it was the old rule? Is it true? Can't we like do an appeal or something? because it's only 1 month difference, we we're told about the PSW program before we enrolled and before any changes were made, and it's kind of unfair because the university is not giving us any support.

thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue May 10, 2011 7:15 am

It's not the university' s fault. They have no control over the immigration rules. It is the government who are changing the rules. Your university cannot award you your degree before you have completed your course. There is no way around that.

I don't know how your friends would have been given leave under psw 12 months before they finished their degree. Unless they were awarded a post graduate diploma before they completed a masters degree? Post graduate diplomas are no longer enough for psw and haven't been for a while. The rules state that psw can be applied for within 12 months of being awarded a degree. Maybe this is what you are thinking of?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue May 10, 2011 2:30 pm

It is within twelve months after you get the degree not before!! and once you cross April 2012 no way no appeal no nothing, the route is closed

unless there is a change (which is highly unlikley) that they bring back some kind of PSW.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:18 am

terriblescream wrote:It is within twelve months after you get the degree not before!! and once you cross April 2012 no way no appeal no nothing, the route is closed

unless there is a change (which is highly unlikley) that they bring back some kind of PSW.
Hi,
i noticed on other forums some information about changes on PSW, anyone know if it is true or not?

ddb

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:01 am

The Tier 1 (PSW) route would be closed by Apr 2012.