ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Trust Fund after ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cheekoo
Newly Registered

Child Trust Fund after ILR

Post by Cheekoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi,
I have got my ILR recently (May 2011 End). I am bit confused if I can still get the Child Trust Fund Voucher for my kids (Daughter born in Jan 2005, Son in Nov 2008) or this scheme is completely closed now ?

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:03 am

Child trust is close for you .. but you can claim child benefit if wants.(would be around 20 GBP per week). more details on child trust

Who is entitled to a CTF account?
Your child is entitled to an account if all of the following apply:
your child was born between 1 September 2002 and 2 January 2011
you were paid Child Benefit for that child for at least one day before 4 January 2011
your child lives in the UK
your child is not subject to any immigration restriction
Your child could be subject to an immigration restriction if they were born outside of the European Union (including on a military base) to non-British parents.
If you haven't already made your claim for Child Benefit, don't delay. Your claim can only be backdated by up to 3 months.

adamboston

Re: Child Trust Fund after ILR

Post by adamboston » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Cheekoo wrote:Hi,
I have got my ILR recently (May 2011 End). I am bit confused if I can still get the Child Trust Fund Voucher for my kids (Daughter born in Jan 2005, Son in Nov 2008) or this scheme is completely closed now ?
You may want to check the Updated Direct Gov web pages about CTF.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.