ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tunde10

Post by tunde10 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:54 pm

emarketeruk wrote:seems like an applicant sent his ILR application on 14th May have received his ILR today... so hopefully ppl applied during end of april / beginning of may should receive the passports soon

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=82050
i hope so, i applied 2days after this. But i wonder why people from April and even February :o are still waiting

kazzy282001
Newly Registered

SET(M) APPLIED JAN 2011...STILL WAITING

Post by kazzy282001 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:50 pm

hi it seems alot of us are waiting.

My husband applied for his ILR via SET(m) on 09/01/11 recieved confirmation on 11/01/11

nothing since, i called them to enquire if i need my passport for business trip they said will need to give them 10days (im british, born and bread here) then the ady asked if id like her to check the status so said ok so she put me on hold then she said the application hasn't been completed so not a straight answer. the lady also said if i need my passport it wont affect the applicaton.

im getting annoyed as i work full time an want to go on holiday with the girls and dont wanna ask for my passport lol!!!

so we been waiting 6 MONTHS argggghhhh frustrated :(((

niravm

Post by niravm » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi, I have applied for ILR for my brother on 4th April 2011 still waiting

Today, called to HO and they said we haven't finished or process so we can't tell how much more time will it take..

Its SET (O) WP (old rule) applicant + 2 dependents
I don't know how much time they will take?
Is any one have similar experience?

emarketeruk

Post by emarketeruk » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi niravm,

I am sure you should received you ILR very soon, hopefully this week or next. Over the last two month, HO ILR processing has slowed a lot. specially work permit, hsmp SEO(O) applications seems to be taking long to process.... and moving very slowly.

do you have any complications in you application? if so, your processing time could be longer.. otherwise.. it should arrive any time... hopefully

I applied on 27th April n awaiting....

learningzone
Newly Registered

Post by learningzone » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi
I have also sent my ILR application SET(O) on 29th April for me and my 3 dependents but awaiting currently. I got the acknowledgement on 11th May 2011 but has gone quiet since then. I guess this is due to the new set of rules and additional verification since 06th April, as UKBA has brought in new rules. In my case, its is WP+HSMP+Tier1 for the tenure.
Fingers crossed. It is promising to see people even in late April11 (or early May11) have got ILR but most of us are awaiting still, the fact!!

Congratulations to everyone who have got and best wishes for those Awaiting!!

niravm

Post by niravm » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:20 pm

yes, my brother has traffic offence but I have applied before 6th April so that rule might not be applicable and I don't think traffic offence can stop you to get ILR ...

I have call HO last Monday but without after asking me my date of application they told me to call on today i.e. 11th July and today they took all my details and told me your file is still in review and we haven't finish our process so can't give exact time to finish the rest of process.. So nothing left other than wait ....

spiderwhale
Newly Registered

Good news!

Post by spiderwhale » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share the dates of my (American) wife's ILR application:

- Posted 12 May 2011
- Fee debited from card 18 May 2011
- "Caseworker letter" received 19 May 2011

... frustrating wait ...

- Received documents back and ILR approved on 9 July 2011

I would consider our application to be pretty straight-forward, so I wouldn't read too much into it if you applied before 12 May and are still waiting. It seems to be a bit of a lottery anyway.

Also, this may be my first post, but I've been lurking for a good 6 months and have drawn a lot of help, advice and encouragement from this board. Thank you everyone who maintains and contributes to it - it's a very valuable resource and I hope it continues to be so.

Good luck if you're still navigating those mine-laden immigration waters ...

whiplash
Newly Registered

Re: Good news!

Post by whiplash » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:04 am

spiderwhale wrote:Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share the dates of my (American) wife's ILR application:

- Posted 12 May 2011
- Fee debited from card 18 May 2011
- "Caseworker letter" received 19 May 2011

... frustrating wait ...

- Received documents back and ILR approved on 9 July 2011

I would consider our application to be pretty straight-forward, so I wouldn't read too much into it if you applied before 12 May and are still waiting. It seems to be a bit of a lottery anyway.

Also, this may be my first post, but I've been lurking for a good 6 months and have drawn a lot of help, advice and encouragement from this board. Thank you everyone who maintains and contributes to it - it's a very valuable resource and I hope it continues to be so.

Good luck if you're still navigating those mine-laden immigration waters ...
I have more or less the same timeline as you. But its kind of a lottery alright. Anyhow, congrats. I am a bit more worried and a bit more optimistic now, worried because i am paranoid and optimistic because mine could arrive tomorrow. One more thing, does it say where it's been stamped, mine is at croydon.

Alisabrittany
Newly Registered

ILR set (M)

Post by Alisabrittany » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:39 am

I am so glad I found this forum as I have a rough time with my ILR set (M)

Long story short I applied last year and 12 weeks later my application was returned due to Non-Payment, even though I had proof from my bank that the funds were available. I get a phone call from my Caseworker at the company I hired to file my ILR and he told me about the returned application, I then proceed to tell my caseworker that I will post a Bankers Draft on Monday to re-submit the application. After 3 weeks of trying to contact my caseworker, I finally found out that he had left the company and stole all his case files. It took me 2 months to get my files back from the police and a further 6 months to get my files back from the original company. I did write a letter of events that took place up until the new application was posted including the Police Case number, explanations etc. Hoping this would help my case and the Solicitor was quite impressed of my account of events. All this has led to my having to Defer a Place at Uni for Nursing for 2 yrs.

I am hoping that my Caseworker at the HO will take these uniquely unfortunate events in to consideration whilst deciding my application.

My new Immigration Solicitor got my files back and re-submitted a new application:
20TH of May
2ND of June Ack Letter (Payment was a Bankers Draft)

****Wait Begins*****

Congrats for those whom have received their ILR(S)
Good luck to those in waiting.

Nat000- Have you received a letter of ACK? was payment taken out?

Whiplash- Please keep us posted

Have a Lovely Day!
Alisa

emarketeruk

Post by emarketeruk » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:35 am

Application sent SET(O) ILR (HSMP + Tier 1) – 27th April
Application received – 3rd May
Acknowledgement received – 10th May
11 weeks over & entering 12th week n still waiting

margundu
Newly Registered

Good news at last

Post by margundu » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:47 am

HSMP - 5 years
posted 19th April
Acknoweldgment 3rd May
Long long wait
Recieved ILR stamped 5th July
Good luck

spiderwhale
Newly Registered

Re: Good news!

Post by spiderwhale » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:09 am

whiplash wrote: One more thing, does it say where it's been stamped, mine is at croydon.
Hang in there, whiplash; I'm sure it'll turn up any day now. I believe my wife's ILR was processed in Liverpool for some reason (Croydon is geographically closer to us in Cambridge). To be honest, I didn't realise there were separate offices and that would explain the discrepancies in waiting time.

Alisa - sounds like you have got over the first major hurdle: getting your payment accepted. Your story is crazy, by the way. Best of luck to you.

lkm3s
Newly Registered

ILR wait

Post by lkm3s » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:43 am

Hi All,

I have been reading along and congratulations to everyone who has received their ILR docs!

I filed on 7th May for my son and myself.

I have tickets booked for flying my son over to the US to visit with his father for the summer, as per our custody agreement. The flights are this Saturday and I still don't have our passports. :(

I am flipping out...to say the least!
It is promising to see others are receiving their documents and I am really hoping ours show up in the next 3 days!

- Laura

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:36 pm

I feel so angry to the system...
Why me (but it means all my family - 2 british children and british husband) has to pay all this amount of money for this torture? Is it a punishment that my husband isn't married to british woman? Or what is it?
When you pay money you expect service! And £972 is quite a lot of money. But more than 10 weeks now since I sent my SET(M) application and I have nothing.
Me and all my family can't plan anything for this summer.
And why should I feel like a prisoner when I can't even visit my parents who miss their grandchildren immenselly.
If only I knew... I would pay this extra £600 for Premium Service just to avoid this frustration.
It was the worst saving in my life!

Cranberry
Newly Registered

Post by Cranberry » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Ana_W wrote:I feel so angry to the system...
Why me (but it means all my family - 2 british children and british husband) has to pay all this amount of money for this torture? Is it a punishment that my husband isn't married to british woman? Or what is it?
When you pay money you expect service! And £972 is quite a lot of money. But more than 10 weeks now since I sent my SET(M) application and I have nothing.
Me and all my family can't plan anything for this summer.
And why should I feel like a prisoner when I can't even visit my parents who miss their grandchildren immenselly.
If only I knew... I would pay this extra £600 for Premium Service just to avoid this frustration.
It was the worst saving in my life!
When I applied for my ILR, it took 28 weeks..! Don't be so angry, you'll get it soon.

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm trying to.
And as everybody here hope for the best.
Good luck to everyone who's waiting.

emarketeruk

Post by emarketeruk » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Application sent SET(O) ILR (HSMP + Tier 1) – 27th April
Application received – 3rd May
Acknowledgement received – 10th May
ILR received - 14th July 2011

Overall, 11 weeks 2 days.... all the best for everyone waiting :D

jrj
Newly Registered

Post by jrj » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Straightforward Set M Application
Posted: 3rd May
Received by UKBA: 4th May
Cheque cleared: 16th May
Acknowledgment letter: mid May (can't remember exact date)
ILR issued: 5th July
Passport received: 14th July
Good luck to everyone else still waiting....hope you get some good news soon :)

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:47 pm

We sent ours at the beginning of February and still nothing. It’s a SET M straightforward application for my husband. We have called and called and called and each time they said “its being processed, you just have to waitâ€

hellog123

ILR

Post by hellog123 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Congratulations emarketruk. All the very best for future and i sent u a pm. Kindly reply please.

ANZ
Newly Registered

Post by ANZ » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:20 pm

[quote="vickivickii"]We sent ours at the beginning of February and still nothing. It’s a SET M straightforward application for my husband. We have called and called and called and each time they said “its being processed, you just have to waitâ€

ANZ
Newly Registered

Post by ANZ » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:29 pm

About us:
We are from category who left UK without applying for extension after the HSMP rules changed in November 2006. So we have more than 2 and a half years out of the country. We left UK in January 2007 and came back in November 2009 under Tier 1 (HSMP JR).

Application sent SET(O) ILR (HSMP JR + Tier 1) – 28th April
Application received – 4th May
Acknowledgement received – 11th May
ILR received - [...] July 2011 :evil:

Hope will get it soon.

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:38 pm

jrj wrote:Straightforward Set M Application
Posted: 3rd May
Received by UKBA: 4th May
Cheque cleared: 16th May
Acknowledgment letter: mid May (can't remember exact date)
ILR issued: 5th July
Passport received: 14th July
Good luck to everyone else still waiting....hope you get some good news soon :)
I've got the same dates and my application is also straightforward.
So hope I'll get it very soon.

whiplash
Newly Registered

Post by whiplash » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:48 pm

I got my ILR back this morning. It was stamped in Liverpool.

the dates are:

application sent: 14 May
received by ukba: 16 May
payment taken: 17 May
ack received: 19 May
passport with ILR received: 14 July 2011

It took exactly 2 months. Thanks all of you for help and support. I don't even know what i am writing now....I am so happy.

For you who are wating, plz hang in there, the postman will come your way one day. :D

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:26 am

[quote="ANZ"][quote="vickivickii"]We sent ours at the beginning of February and still nothing. It’s a SET M straightforward application for my husband. We have called and called and called and each time they said “its being processed, you just have to waitâ€