ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Croydon 11/07 - WP + Tier 2(Transitional Arr. A)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

umb

ILR Success Croydon 11/07 - WP + Tier 2(Transitional Arr. A)

Post by umb » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi

I came to UK in July 2006 under WP(arrived 3 months + 1 week from EC issue). In March this year I applied for extension using Transitional Arrangements A and was granted extension. Had an appointment last week for ILR(For my self and wife. Didn't include children in the application as going to apply for their Naturalisation after ILR)

Appointment was at 09:45, arrived at PEO around 9:15. Went through security and then at the counter the person checked forms/passports/BRP. Went to first floor. Paid at the counter. Then waited for 20 minutes till the number was called.

Went to the counter and the IO asked for forms. Then passports and BRP. He started entering details into the system. He entered the absence in the system and printed out a table with total at the end. Added that to the case file that he had. Then he asked for the payslips, then LIUK letters, then employer letter( I had two letters from employer, one for Salary/SOC code and another for absences, although my absence was only 130 I took the letter as a precaution). He then printed out the SOC code page and added that to the case file. He then asked for co-cohabitation documents. I gave him the whole bunch that I had but he only kept 3. Then he went for a photocopy of all the documents and came back without my passport. He was then doing something on the system for another 10-15 mins. Then a lady came back with my passport and told him something. My best guess is that she did criminality check. After this he game me back all documents except BRPs and employer letters and told me that application is OK and to collect the passport in 30 mins. One thing to note that he did not ask my P60s or bank statements although these were mentioned in the form. In summary the documents that he asked were

Form
Passports
BRP
Photos
Last 3 months salary slips
LIUK test certificates
Employer letters
Co-hab documents

Aside from above I took the following documents with me

Last 12 month payslips
Last 12 month bank statements
Last 5 year P60s
WP documents

So my suggestion is to take all the documents but give only the one that IO asks for. After around 35 mins, was called to the counter and was given the passports with the ILR. The whole process took almost two hours.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:18 pm

congratulations and thanks for sharing.

could you please send me the format of the employer letter via PM

umb

Post by umb » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:47 pm

smaganti wrote:congratulations and thanks for sharing.

could you please send me the format of the employer letter via PM
hi smaganti,

I used the letter format that is present as sticky to this forum with a little modification. Letter was as

Date: <Date>

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to state that <Applicant Name> is presently employed with <Company Name> since <Start Date of Employment> and holds the job title/designation of <Job Title>.

His current salary is GBP <Salary Amount> which is above the appropriate rate as per SOC code <Code> for <Job Title> stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.

<Applicant Name>’s services as an employee are still required and he will continue to remain employed with <Company Name> in the foreseeable future.

Should you have a need for any additional information or further clarifications in the matter, please feel free to contact me.

Yours faithfully,

<Name of signatory>
<Designation>
<Phone No :>
<Email :>