ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What sort of things prevent same-day decision at PEO?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Suzie Canuck
Newly Registered

What sort of things prevent same-day decision at PEO?

Post by Suzie Canuck » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi all,

I have an appt at Croydon coming up for FLR(M). Its really important that I get a same-day decision, as I have a tight deadline for when I need my new visa. As such - I wondered what sort of things make a partner visa application "complicated" such that a decision would be deferred. In particular, my partner has his own limited company from which he draws wages and dividends. I know that self-employed people sometimes incur extra scrutiny (particulary in the context of Tier 1) but I'm not sure if it complicates our application having him contract on behalf of his own company (and we are doing FLR(M), and not Tier 1). He has full documentation for everything, I draw a normal monthly salary at my job, and our application is straight forward in every other respect. Any opinions on the likelihood of us having trouble at the PEO?

Also - do PEO applications where a decision is deferred just get added to the usual mail queue? What are turn-around times like?

Talort
Newly Registered

Post by Talort » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:45 am

I'm afraid I can't really answer your question, but I can give you an indication of what happened to my wife and I when we attended the solihull PEO.

We were asked for:

1. Both passports (hers was given straight back, mine was kept for about an hour)
2. Marriage license (this was kept for about an hour)
3. My bank statements proving I could afford to look after her (given straight back)
4. Her english language proof (kept for about an hour).
5. My divorce certificate from previous marriage (kept for about an hour).

The lady glanced through my bank statements for the last 3 months (I'd brought 2 years worth!) and just made a note on an internal form that i'd provided sufficient proof of income.

However, they wouldn't have a clue if I was working for myself or if I was working for another company, just that money was regularly going into the account.

Don't know if that helps, but thought it might give you some comfort :)

harsha7kp
Newly Registered

Post by harsha7kp » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi,
My wife just got her visa on FLR(M) approved.

The things that you need to have prrof of absolutely are -
1) Marriage certifiate. This is a must.

2) Joint account bank statements or utility bill. Or both your names on the rental agreement or mortgage document would do. This is to prove cohabitance.

3) English language requirement proof - My wifehad to carryher Degree certifiate and prove that its recognized by UK Naric to be taught in ENglish. If you are from a majority English speaking country, then you dont have this hassle of carrying degree certificate.

The other proofs are standard stuff like salary slips and bank statements for 3 months atleast.

No PEO applications dont go in the same mail queue. If there are any documents pending or if they think they need extra documentation from you, they will ask you to send those documents to a seperate PO Box and your case will proceed as soon as they get those docs.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 am

By the way...if your husband has a Limited company, he isn't self-employed.