ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Query. ILR HSMP+Tier1 Pre Nov 2006

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doc_S

SET(O) Query. ILR HSMP+Tier1 Pre Nov 2006

Post by doc_S » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:27 am

Hi,

I have a PEO appointment tomorrow. By going through 100s of posts on this really helpful forum, I am still confused and want to confirm:

I had HSMP approval and stamped In Aug 2006. Then on extension, I was stamped Tier 1 (General) in Aug 2008. Therefore, now applying for ILR on completeing 5 years. As a pre-Nov 2006 category but with current vignette of Tier 1 (General), I should select 3B (1)?

Tier 1 (General) under HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document

(and not as HSMP under HSMP ILR Judicial Review )
Though selecting above 3B(1) does not include one in an exemption list from LIUK test on the form Set(O) but we still remain exempted, isn't it?

For section 10, I will Select 10G

That is what I have gathered from researching on this forum with regards to my case. But while filling in the form, I reaised that there is one other place where HSMP ILR review stuff is mentioned but I haven't found answer to that particular page on this forum. This is the first page with Payment details. It also asks at the very begining "If you are applying under HSMP, are you doing so under HSMP ILR judicial review policy document?"

Now what shoud I tick Yes or No. I am selecting 3B(1) in section 3 then answer to this question on payment page should be No. But on the other hand, we are covered under HSMP ILR JR for the purpose of exemption from LIUK test and other ILR conditions. I mean ideally we should tick both options wherever they are mentioned i.e, Tier 1 (General) under HSMP Forum JR and HSMP ILR JR. But the dilemma is to select one.

Can please moderator or senior members confirm above and comment.

Many Thanks.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: URGENT!! SET(O) Query. ILR HSMP+Tier1 Pre Nov 2006

Post by khalidmirza » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:39 am

doc_S wrote:Hi,

I have a PEO appointment tomorrow. By going through 100s of posts on this really helpful forum, I am still confused and want to confirm:

I had HSMP approval and stamped In Aug 2006. Then on extension, I was stamped Tier 1 (General) in Aug 2008. Therefore, now applying for ILR on completeing 5 years. As a pre-Nov 2006 category but with current vignette of Tier 1 (General), I should select 3B (1)?

Tier 1 (General) under HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document

(and not as HSMP under HSMP ILR Judicial Review )
Though selecting above 3B(1) does not include one in an exemption list from LIUK test on the form Set(O) but we still remain exempted, isn't it?

For section 10, I will Select 10G

That is what I have gathered from researching on this forum with regards to my case. But while filling in the form, I reaised that there is one other place where HSMP ILR review stuff is mentioned but I haven't found answer to that particular page on this forum. This is the first page with Payment details. It also asks at the very begining "If you are applying under HSMP, are you doing so under HSMP ILR judicial review policy document?"

Now what shoud I tick Yes or No. I am selecting 3B(1) in section 3 then answer to this question on payment page should be No. But on the other hand, we are covered under HSMP ILR JR for the purpose of exemption from LIUK test and other ILR conditions. I mean ideally we should tick both options wherever they are mentioned i.e, Tier 1 (General) under HSMP Forum JR and HSMP ILR JR. But the dilemma is to select one.

Can please moderator or senior members confirm above and comment.

Many Thanks.
Set(O) form is quite confusing and so is the guide. Since you have researched the forum, you must have realised that pre Nov applicants had success stories in both categories like under Tier 1 with hsmp and hsmp ILR JR.
Case workers are now fully aware the problems of application forms. My personal view is that since HSMP ILR JR covers all and gives you exemption for LIUK test and answer to your question for payment is also YES. Fill in 10G. If case worker feels like ,can ask you to correct it on window.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Yes, these points do not really matter when applying via PEO. But carry a copy of the HSMP review document.

doc_S

Post by doc_S » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks for your replies above.
Had a successful day at Solihull PEO today. Got ILR !!!.
Thanks to this wonderful forum and mountains of advice here.
Very short and straight forward interview. Only asked for 3 months payslips, P60s, employers letter and co-hab proof. No bank statements, no marriage cert, no birth cert of children ( he said u had submitted them with previous applications so i dont need them today.) Adviced to come back after 2 hours. However, after coming back in two hours, had to wait further two hours to get passports. It was agonising as many passimistic thoughts were running across my head all around. Finally called and was thankful to Almighty, seeing all 4 passports with ILR. :-)

Just to clarify for others seeking advice. I was pre Nov 2006 HSMP/Tier1. I selected 3B(1) in section 3 and 10G in section 10. But also mentioned in cover letter that my application is also covered under HSMP ILR judicial review and hence exempt from LIUK. Even the ILR letter given to me says that application was considered under HSMP ILR JR. So pre-Nov 2006 HSMPians, dont worry, Home Office s aware of problem with SET(O) and they dont bother what you tick as long as u fulfill criteria.

Best of luck.

Next stop..... Citizenship next year ;-)

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:45 am

doc_S wrote:Thanks for your replies above.
Very short and straight forward interview. Only asked for 3 months payslips, P60s, employers letter and co-hab proof. No bank statements, no marriage cert, no birth cert of children ( he said u had submitted them with previous applications so i dont need them today.) Adviced to come back after 2 hours. However, after coming back in two hours, had to wait further two hours to get passports. It was agonising as many passimistic thoughts were running across my head all around. Finally called and was thankful to Almighty, seeing all 4 passports with ILR. :-)

Just to clarify for others seeking advice. I was pre Nov 2006 HSMP/Tier1. I selected 3B(1) in section 3 and 10G in section 10. But also mentioned in cover letter that my application is also covered under HSMP ILR judicial review and hence exempt from LIUK. Even the ILR letter given to me says that application was considered under HSMP ILR JR. So pre-Nov 2006 HSMPians, dont worry, Home Office s aware of problem with SET(O) and they dont bother what you tick as long as u fulfill criteria.

Best of luck.

Congratulations. Good job. Hope for the best in future

sudsa
Newly Registered

Post by sudsa » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi Doc_s,

I am about to send my Set(O) application by post and would be helpful if you could mention about other fields.

Code: Select all

This is the first page with Payment details. It also asks at the very begining "If you are applying under HSMP, are you doing so under HSMP ILR judicial review policy document?" 
1) Payment page . Yes or NO ?
2) I suppose you didnt fill the section 9. But can you confirm plz ?

Thanks

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:02 pm

khalidmirza wrote:

Best of luck.

Congratulations. Good job. Hope for the best in future
Hi Khalid Mirza,
you mentioned P60s that you submitted.. how many did you submit? all 5 years? or lesser...
thanks,
Rohan...

fora

Post by fora » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:53 pm

very strange-they still ask 2 y cohab proof from HSMP JR

hsmpJR5ILR
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpJR5ILR » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:54 am

Hearty congratulations.

Can you PM me ur cover letter

Thanks.

Best of luck.