ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can i apply RC for my brother already in UK?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pinkpanter

How can i apply RC for my brother already in UK?

Post by pinkpanter » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:54 pm

I am a non-EEA family member of EEA and my EEA wife has been working full time since May 2006 (She already have completed 5 years treaty right and going to apply PR this month). My five years will complete this year in Sept.

My brother is hear in UK in student visa for two months. I was supporting him when he was in Dubai for more than 18 months until he arrieved in UK and I also have all receipts (money transfer) on his name. But now he is in UK with student Visa and living with us (Me non-eea and my EEA wife) in our house. Can I apply RC for him and if i can, what documents do i need to sent to HO? Please advice.
Last edited by pinkpanter on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:14 am

Please can anyone advice. Would be grateful.
Thanks!!

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Can anyone experience advice.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Have you looked through the check list and the application from already? Obviously you will need documents that show how, when and how much money was flowing towards your brother.

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:03 pm

Thanks 86i,

I have read the application requirements,but confused on the following issues:

1) Whether my brother is eligible for RC or not as they only mentioned cousins, nephews and nieces as more distant relatives.

2 Second, I was sending money to him not my EEA spouse so the requirement of ( The EEA or Swiss national was maintaining the applicant before the applicant’s admission to the UK and continues to do so (for example, bank statements and evidence of money transfers); I am just wondering as my RC status they might reject his application.

3) My brother is here on student visa and he never stayed in any EEA state with us as a non-EEA family member under same household to proof dependancy.

4) Now he is here and he has his own bank account (not joint account with me or with my EEA spouse). Does he needs to to open a joint account with me or with my EEA spouse? However we all are living in the same address and his bank statement and other post are also comming in the same address.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm

1) "such as..." They only list a few examples here.
2) Yes, the Directive does indeed require the EEA national to be the supporter.
3) Dependency or same household which does not have to be another member state.
4) The type of bank account should be irrelevant.

Your problem appears to be 2).

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Thanks 86i,

Is there any way to deal with this problem? would be grateful for your advice.