ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:whats wrong with my application ppl are getting result in less than 4 weeks...and for me its almost in 12 th week :(
I am just worried that because of all these poloticals pressure to limit the number if they reject my application giving just stupid reason or something...I will loose hard earned money :cry:
only you know yourself if you have done nothing worng then nothing to worry about any decision, i know myself my record is clean so i am not thinking about but i am only worried about the time but i have hope oneday it will be a approval.
I know i havent done anything wrong but just dont understand the delay

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:33 pm

if you the timeline there are few there who applied b4 you ane me and they are still waiting but for sure its your turn now coz may applicant will be next now for decision i do have hope.
NAZIA XX

sudhirdige

Post by sudhirdige » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:34 pm

I am waiting since 7th of june- so 7 weeks.called them 3 times- keep getting same std. answers undergoing checks.the call centre people are not polite either.they should remember they have their jobs because we are paying such an extortinate amount of money to get the naturalisation.I guess it depends on a case worker..if you got one lazy idiot then it will take 6 months...thats my rant over!!!
just had one question do all applications go to their Liverpool centre or there are different centres across the UK?
Cheers

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:55 pm

sudhirdige wrote:I am waiting since 7th of june- so 7 weeks.called them 3 times- keep getting same std. answers undergoing checks.the call centre people are not polite either.they should remember they have their jobs because we are paying such an extortinate amount of money to get the naturalisation.I guess it depends on a case worker..if you got one lazy idiot then it will take 6 months...thats my rant over!!!
just had one question do all applications go to their Liverpool centre or there are different centres across the UK?
Cheers
Clearly there are two scenarios...people getting results in 4-6 weeks and other taking for ever...dont know what criteria they apply to sort the applications this way?

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:11 pm

I myself am getting frustrated...why such a long wait for people who applied in April/May......

I know I applied on 17 June but people who applied after me got their approval....Sorry not that I'm not happy for them..

but C'mon lets be fair we do pay a lot of money and having just calculated the amount of fees paid to HO over the span of 10 odd years...I could have paid a deposit towards buying a house... anyway I'm really scraed and worried now......

I just wish that everyones applicaton is successful..sooner or later

Prav

sudhirdige

Post by sudhirdige » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:25 pm

PK wrote:I myself am getting frustrated...why such a long wait for people who applied in April/May......

I know I applied on 17 June but people who applied after me got their approval....Sorry not that I'm not happy for them..

but C'mon lets be fair we do pay a lot of money and having just calculated the amount of fees paid to HO over the span of 10 odd years...I could have paid a deposit towards buying a house... anyway I'm really scraed and worried now......

I just wish that everyones applicaton is successful..sooner or later

Prav
you don't have to be scared-the approvals will come sooner or later- it is the incompetency of the border agency that makes my blood boil-no ther govt. department is so slow in processing applications-we all have earned the eligibility to apply for naturalisation-none of us are asylum seekers and neither are we on any benefits-as someone on the forum said before-one application fee is enough to pay for two case workers salary for 2 weeks- so why is the delay-not long ago we were granted ILR-htey have all our records in front of them by click of a button-all the enhanced CRB everything can be done in less that 2 weeks time-I believe they just want to delay the application for the sake of it-as none of the native people are using the service and they know immigrants do not complain much...really disappointing!!

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:32 pm

sudhirdige wrote:
PK wrote:I myself am getting frustrated...why such a long wait for people who applied in April/May......
....... know immigrants do not complain much...really disappointing!!
I know but where to complain...for every thing and anyting if i am only slighltly doubtful about the service, i will make complaints...but we just cant do anything for this

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:44 pm

sudhirdige wrote:just had one question do all applications go to their Liverpool centre or there are different centres across the UK?
Cheers
this is one intersting question can anybody have any info about this. the reason i am intersting to ask because some person get their approval letter with 5 days after decision and some get approval letter in 2 week its bit stragne.
NAZIA XX

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Nazia88 wrote:this is one intersting question can anybody have any info about this. the reason i am intersting to ask because some person get their approval letter with 5 days after decision and some get approval letter in 2 week its bit stragne.
It's all done in Liverpool. In the past, dispatch of approval letters was done once a week (I think it was on Wednesday) so there could be a delay upto a week until a letter was dispatched depending on when your file was received by the dispatch unit.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Jambo wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:this is one intersting question can anybody have any info about this. the reason i am intersting to ask because some person get their approval letter with 5 days after decision and some get approval letter in 2 week its bit stragne.
It's all done in Liverpool. In the past, dispatch of approval letters was done once a week (I think it was on Wednesday) so there could be a delay upto a week until a letter was dispatched depending on when your file was received by the dispatch unit.
ok cool x
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:30 pm

kumi wrote: Calls Made: None
I did not want to disturb HO guys by asking senseless questions., approvals come when they have time to work on it rather than answering calls.
yes you can easily can say that because you are lucky and got approval in few week times but those who waiting for mouths n mouthns their feelings are different and they are worried and by the way home office guyz who attend the call dont make any decision lol :lol:
NAZIA XX

tom1
Newly Registered

Post by tom1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:01 pm

shs213 wrote:
1664 wrote:
shs213 wrote:got my approval!! dated 20th July...

i applied on 23rd june, so it was a very quick turn around...

pvt ceremony booked for tomorrow!!
Do you know if all councils hold pvt ceremonies?
And if ok to ask did you have to pay for a pvt ceremony?

Thanks
i am pretty sure all councils conduct pvt ceremony... cost 54 for me. I called the nearest council that was in the approval letter... I think if you have about 3-4 people you can arrange a pvt ceremony and the cost per head is less than 54... Call them and ask, thy can do almost next day...

I applied as HSMP 5 + 1yr ILR...

I too couldnt beleive the 4 week trun around... I was expecting to the approval around end of Aug looking at the run rate :-)
hmmmmmmmmmm surprised less then £54 i booked private ceremony and it cost £100 per head as there are 10 other and they paid £100 each

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:55 am

[/quote]
hmmmmmmmmmm surprised less then £54 i booked private ceremony and it cost £100 per head as there are 10 other and they paid £100 each[/quote]

No idea, I might be on some lucky run - will attend ceremony in couple of hours - will let you know if they actually do a citi ceremony or something else :-)

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:12 am

Guys - I want to apply for the passport using check and send via the post office...

Do i have to make an appointment or just turn up at any post office that officers C&S with the docs?

Also, I picked up the forms from the city, planning to apply for PP from the local post office - again is this OK?

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:15 am

1664 wrote:
shs213 wrote:after my ceremony... i will be applying for my wife's naturalisation on the grounds of 3 year marriage to brit...

Q1) Does she need to show my naturalisation certificate at NCS? if yes, I will have to wait till she applies before applying for my passport

Q2) My understanding is my current passport will go in the post when i apply for the British passport. I have a business trip planned which will clash with the times. Theerfore I am thinking to delay my passport application till mid august. Is it OK to fly on my current passport after naturalisation as a Brit but before obtaining a brit PP?

views pls...
Congratulations shs213..
1 . Sure she can apply once you've got your naturalization certificate after your ceremony.
2. You can travel on your current passport and postpone the application for your passport untill your return.
1) Does she have to present my naturalisation certificate with her application or just the number? If i apply for my passport, I will not have the nat certificate with me when she applies for her naturalisation

2) in another thread, i hear if i my country doesnt allow dual, my current passport will be invalid after ceremony therefore advice is not to risk

comments?

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:23 am

shs213 wrote:Guys - I want to apply for the passport using check and send via the post office...

Do i have to make an appointment or just turn up at any post office that officers C&S with the docs?

Also, I picked up the forms from the city, planning to apply for PP from the local post office - again is this OK?
No need for an appt.
Yes as long as they provide that service

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:56 am

Does any one know if many application took more than 6 months for decision to come throguh....Its almost 3 months for my application now...just wondering should i set my expectations for 9 months :)

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:09 am

54quid for private ceremony is really cheap, i wuld hv gone for a pvt ceremony but my council was chargin 160quid..thats day light robbery lol
Last edited by forwardever on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:16 am

rnr79 wrote:Does any one know if many application took more than 6 months for decision to come throguh....Its almost 3 months for my application now...just wondering should i set my expectations for 9 months :)
In the original Naturalisation time line Sticky - there were few posts that had to wait for 6 months or so till they received their approvals.

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:27 am

I am aware that naturalisation applications are processed in 3-6 months
from the UKBA website for 95% applications.What would happen once it crosses the six month period.Do i call UKBA and challenge them for not deciding on application in the time window of six months.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:46 am

pkalluri wrote:I am aware that naturalisation applications are processed in 3-6 months
from the UKBA website for 95% applications.What would happen once it crosses the six month period.Do i call UKBA and challenge them for not deciding on application in the time window of six months.
Well thats the problem...we can not ask questions or challange them..as the standard asnwer would be its a privilage and not a right...thoguh you pay 836 you are at UKBA's mercy for the the decision

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:58 am

Hi Kumi,
Your Family had a good stroke of luck for faster approvals in naturalisation.Best wishes.

lasam

Post by lasam » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:19 pm

pkalluri wrote:I am aware that naturalisation applications are processed in 3-6 months
at what i can see in this forum 95% of application are processed within one month and the rest within 3 to 6 month and unfortunately i dont think we can do much if the application is taking long

to kumi i dont know what to say , you got your approval in very short time (congratulations) i think you got it before you started getting worried maybe that's why you did not make any calls and there are other application for the same amount of time they wer not even scanned in the system

kumi

Post by kumi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanks to everyone for their wishes... and all the best !!

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Vipul - any luck?