ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

transit the uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

miber
Newly Registered

transit the uk

Post by miber » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:31 am

hello!
i'm residant in ireland, got 5 years residency.
and i'm travelling home soon,via london-gatwick.staying in the uk less than 24hours,do i need a transit visa?
my family will be travelling with me as well,they are all british citizens.
thanks for your help.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:30 pm

The UK visa regime for transit purposes is nationality/ citizenship based. You do not state what this is for you. Regardless UK policy is to allow those who have a nationality that normally requires a transit visa but hold designated 'visas' principaly category D for EU member states as well as US and Canadian permanent residents to transit the UK without needing a visa (TWOV) where your onward travel is within 24 hours of arrival at a UK Port of Entry. My interpretation of the Irish residency visa you hold is that it is in the designated visa category so you will be able to TWOV.