ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recently married to EEA & send application EEA2

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vndpag

Recently married to EEA & send application EEA2

Post by vndpag » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Hello everbody, Well let me start with my story here. I recently married EEA national ( Hungerian) July 12/7/2011 & I send application on 26/7/2011. till now I havnt received any COA. I need ur advice & opinon on this forum. I met my wife where I was working in 2009 December & relationship start & then I moved to another job for better package but my wife still working in same place till now we both living separately at that time.( before marriage untill feb 2011). We decided to live together & moved 1/2/2011 & get married in 12/7/2011. So my question is that is since we were living only 6 months together is that enough evidence to show caseworker to decide on my application. Our relationship is genuine & we are very happy together. we do not have any utility bills & councils bills because we are living with landlord & rent is included everything. My self I am student visa & expire on 31/10/2011.after looking at my senario what do u guys think about my application ? I mean is suffiencent to HO to decide my application ? Please give me some advice thank you,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:41 pm

First, you are in the wrong forum.
Moderators - please move the post to EEA forum.

It takes 4-6 weeks to get the CoA so you still got time. It would take 3-4 months at least until a decision is made. As long as you are married and your wife is exercising treaty rights you are legal in the UK even if your student visa run out.

If you are married, then there is no requirement to show cohabitation before marriage.

The only concern could be that the HO would see this as a marriage of convenience for the purpose of extending your stay in the UK but if your relationship is genuine, you do not need to worry. Just enjoy life as a newlywed.

vndpag

Thank you

Post by vndpag » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi Jambo thank you for your prompt reply I moved my recent thread and appreciate for your kind response once again thank you very much