ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Beige wrote:
rnr79 wrote: well done Beige...I called IPS now and they say that my passport has been posted throguh door as well :)
Congrats rnr79! We made it :D
Blimey! I still haven't received mine! The passport is taking the same time as the Naturalisation application! ha!

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:55 pm

daniash wrote:
Sam_London wrote:Try to take it easy, mate. Its matter of weeks now, you've waited 17 weeks and a few more won't harm :)
I'm going to lose an opportunity to enter an industry which I've always wanted to enter, so yeah it could actually cost me big bucks.
But yeah waiting and waiting is the only thing to do. I just need to get it off my chest.
How have you applied NCS or Postal?
Postal - you can always ask your passport back,no?

Try to call them and get an update...

daniash

Post by daniash » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:10 pm

1664 wrote:How have you applied NCS or Postal?
Postal - you can always ask your passport back,no?

Try to call them and get an update...
Postal, because there were several extra documents I wanted to submit and I didn't trust NCS to present them in the right way.
I called them a few weeks ago asking if my application had been scanned and whether I can have my passport back, but I was told that they don't scan it and that they need to keep the passport right until the end!!! (I know it's completely at odds with what others have done)
It's simply a madhouse. I'm resigned to wait. I have no more strength to request anything. They have won.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:28 pm

1664 wrote:
Beige wrote:
rnr79 wrote: well done Beige...I called IPS now and they say that my passport has been posted throguh door as well :)
Blimey! I still haven't received mine! The passport is taking the same time as the Naturalisation application! ha!
IPS knows you got approval very early so they just taking the piss lol hope you will get tommoro mate goodluck
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:19 pm

daniash wrote:Hi guys,
Nazia thanks for asking, no I haven't heard anything at all, today it is exactly 17 weeks
and still all is silent. This morning I was tempted to call but I didn't.
I try to be patient now. I wanted to go on a summer holiday. I didn't, because I had to wait for them. I wanted to then go on an autumn holiday, but still I couldn't. Lastly, there is a job sponsorship scheme which I'd very much like to apply for do where the application window closes very soon, this is not a trivial thing like a holiday, it's an opportunity for a new career, but no, I can't do it, because I have no papers at all, so I have to give up that as well.
I used to think of myself as an independent person, someone with motivation, who could always find a way around difficulty. Now I feel so demotivated by all this. So powerless.
daniash...i know the situation and feeling...i was in the same situation as I took a risk to join a new job based on the assumption that my application will be successful...this job needs lot of travel so the new company put a condition that if i dont get citizenship then i may have to resign...but the gamble paid off...
I think dont trust advisor answers they wll talk all the BS.
but trust me its going to happen any time...if you call today they will say not allocated to case worker etc but very next day or in two days it would be processed and decision taken...

I know its easier said that done...but trust me you will get decision very soon and unexpectedly.

apart from this we cant do UKBA likes to play games with peoples emotions and lifes

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:22 pm

1664 wrote:
Beige wrote:
yes i know its happening very fast...i hope when i get back home later today...the post will be there :wink:

Yes true you got your naturalisation approval a lot quicker than many of here so IPS is having some play with you :P :P

But then I think its nothing to worry about as everything is approved..at least its not a troture like UKBA

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:29 pm

agree with you nazia and rnr - I was thinking the same thing
UKBA - were quick so to compensate they are making me wait - ha :)

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:53 pm

HO received my application on 18th April. Called today...still awaiting to be allocated to case worker and told can take up to 6 months....:))
giz wrote:
lasam wrote:same with me i applied on 5th of may and my application was waiting allocation when i called on 5th of july :(
Just be patient, I applied on 12th April and I'm still waiting! Haven't called the HO at all as I knew from the outset that the process can take anything up to 6 months.

Remember...."good things come to those who wait"

Giz 8)

tom1
Newly Registered

passport interview

Post by tom1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Hi
Today was my passport interview but I have a very strange experience there.System was down and they took a manual interview and a photo as well. Does any 1 had same experienc like me. similar interview questions about dates address bank cards etc. I think that it will take more time for security checks before printing. any :idea: :?:
I also had a case of id theft in 2007 :?

Nazia88

Re: passport interview

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:35 pm

tom1 wrote:Hi
Today was my passport interview but I have a very strange experience there.System was down and they took a manual interview and a photo as well. Does any 1 had same experienc like me. similar interview questions about dates address bank cards etc. I think that it will take more time for security checks before printing. any :idea: :?:
basially interview is designed to verify the genuine applicant. the question they asked normaly the realy person knows the ansewrs. Hence they took manual interview but hope you will get your passport soon.

what kind of case of id theft you had can you explain that plz thanks.
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Guys got my passport today :) :) :) ...

This forum has been very useful during the painful days of waiting to hear something from UKBA...and in preparing application etc...

Thanks to all the members who helped me and also special thanks to Nazia88 and 1664 for continuous support...

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

rnr79 wrote:Guys got my passport today :) :) :) ...

This forum has been very useful during the painful days of waiting to hear something from UKBA...and in preparing application etc...

Thanks to all the members who helped me and also special thanks to Nazia88 and 1664 for continuous support...
CONGRATES MATE.....we are happy for you and will keep in touch with us goodluck. i have sent you a pm check it out plz.
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Re: passport interview

Post by rnr79 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 pm

tom1 wrote:Hi
Tom1 I think you will be fine...but may be if it was done manually it may add couple of days...but in general IPS service is quite fast...so i dont think there will be major issues....

I think as long as you gave confident asnwers it will be fine...

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Nazia88 wrote:

CONGRATES MATE.....we are happy for you and will keep in touch with us goodluck. i have sent you a pm check it out plz.
Thanks Nazia88..good luck to you for rest of the process...i have replied to the pm...i plan to be here for some time help other whenever i can... in fact i am addcited to this forum...so it will be a while before i disappeer :P

tom1
Newly Registered

Post by tom1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:59 pm

thanks nazia88 and rnr79 I personaly think that due to this problem procedure may be slow down before printing passport but hopefully i will get my passport soon :wink:

nazia88 in 2007 bank sent my debit card on a wrong address and somebdy used it to buy a contract mobile and also to buy some other househld things. bank gave me money back but there is stll a dispute between me and mbile company on my credit history report :(

skr27

congratulations

Post by skr27 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:05 pm

congratulations to rnr79, 1664, Beige and all the others who got their passport, approval this week.

Hope the rest of us who are still waiting, will get their turn sooner. There are many of us here who are in desperate position need to get this done quickly, otherwise loosing carrier/ job opportunities. I wish the system was more efficient, quick and transparent. In this day and age even a developing country have e-govenance what allow tracking of planning application, passport application almost in real time. I wish UKBA adopt a system that can help people to plan things than leave them in limbo land.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Re: congratulations

Post by rnr79 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:22 pm

skr27 wrote:congratulations to rnr79, 1664, Beige and all the others who got their passport, approval this week.

Hope the rest of us who are still waiting, will get their turn sooner. There are many of us here who are in desperate position need to get this done quickly, otherwise loosing carrier/ job opportunities. I wish the system was more efficient, quick and transparent. In this day and age even a developing country have e-govenance what allow tracking of planning application, passport application almost in real time. I wish UKBA adopt a system that can help people to plan things than leave them in limbo land.
Thanks skr27...I know the feeling and the pain but trust all will be fine and the decision will be taken enexepctedly... One of my mate applied its been 7 weeks now...and he hasnt received ack letter yet...and neither money is taken from his card/account....

Once i cools down after my Indian OCI application etc...i am going to make long complain and i will keep chasing with UKBA...i am such a pest to the people who give problems to me...so UKBA is going to get some pain from me on the fact the way they process their applications

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:35 pm

tom1 wrote:thanks nazia88 and rnr79 I personaly think that due to this problem procedure may be slow down before printing passport but hopefully i will get my passport soon :wink:

nazia88 in 2007 bank sent my debit card on a wrong address and somebdy used it to buy a contract mobile and also to buy some other househld things. bank gave me money back but there is stll a dispute between me and mbile company on my credit history report :(
ok thats bad but this is nothing to do with your passport coz you are the was the real person thats why you have to complain it and you was the victom. it dosnt not mean that your british passort get delayed even thou you are british national.
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:14 am

Congratulations rnr79.. Well done on the wait, you finally got there.

Guess what I got mine too last night.. Finally!! :)

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:09 am

1664 wrote:

Cool well done mate î

skr27

Re: congratulations

Post by skr27 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:59 am

Thank you rnr. I hope your OCI application will get sorted quickly so that you can pursue UKBA which will benefit lot of people who are in our position for ages. I can understand the issue of security and sensitivity, however, having a customer service division (by the way, some people have suggested that it is the case workers who attend the phone, which is not true) who can't give any accurate picture of what is happening nor give advice on what to do in case of exceptional circumstances is unacceptable. There may be lots of people who may be cheating the system but a collective punishment for all who have to go through this system is not a great thing.
rnr79 wrote:
skr27 wrote:congratulations to rnr79, 1664, Beige and all the others who got their passport, approval this week.

Thanks skr27...I know the feeling and the pain but trust all will be fine and the decision will be taken enexepctedly... One of my mate applied its been 7 weeks now...and he hasnt received ack letter yet...and neither money is taken from his card/account....

Once i cools down after my Indian OCI application etc...i am going to make long complain and i will keep chasing with UKBA...i am such a pest to the people who give problems to me...so UKBA is going to get some pain from me on the fact the way they process their applications

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:00 pm

HI Guys,

Any approvals today?
8)

Nazia88

passport pics

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:24 pm

hi

when i applied for BC i have sent them a fresh pic aswel which i took just before i sent my application. can i use these pic for the passport application or i have to do it again just woundering.
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Re: passport pics

Post by 1664 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:43 am

Nazia88 wrote:hi

when i applied for BC i have sent them a fresh pic aswel which i took just before i sent my application. can i use these pic for the passport application or i have to do it again just woundering.
I took a new set for my passport application as I read that passport office is a bit funny when it comes to pics.

Plus the passport application states the pics should be recent taken within a month prior to application ..

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:33 am

1664 wrote:

Congrats 1664. Great stuff