ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport- advise please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nathan2321
Newly Registered

British passport- advise please

Post by Nathan2321 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:10 pm

I got my PR last year November 2010.

I went back home to Malaysia urgently in May 2011 and been here since then.

I been in the UK since 1999.

Can I come back to the UK in November and apply for my British passport.? and advise much appreciated.

I read on the website that I should not be out of the country for more than 90 days which I have. Is this 90 days rule true???

If yes will they acceot a proof/ reason due to my fathers ill health???

Thanks in an anticipation to you reply

Cheers

Thetruthprevials

Post by Thetruthprevials » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:23 pm

You have been out of the country for over 90 days and this will most likely disqualify your application. I was out of the country for over 90 days due to work and the lady at the NCS centre advised me to get a letter from my employee explaining why i was out and for how long etc. This i did and there was where no problems. I would advise you to write a covering letter explaining why you had to leave the country for so long and provide evidence to back this up as well.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Are your absences in the last 5 year less than 450 days? This will improve your changes.

If absences are more than 90 days in the final year before applying, this is subject to discretion. See section 5 here.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:33 pm

I got my PR last year November 2010.

I went back home to Malaysia urgently in May 2011 and been here since then.

I been in the UK since 1999.

Can I come back to the UK in November and apply for my British passport.? and advise much appreciated.
Youre a step ahead. You first need to apply for Citizenship, please read
Standard requirements for naturalisation