ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Other names" in the Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shs213

"Other names" in the Naturalisation application

Post by shs213 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:45 pm

Background: Awaiting wife's naturalisation decision. Applied via NCS as a wife of 2 yrs of brit citizen.

We just did a credit report for the first time ever! and found out she has another name associated...

The ONLY name we have ever used for immigration purposes in the last 3.5 years is as per her passport...

For illustration purposes: her passport name is: Neelam Risna. For her distance professional studies - which she started/completed before marriage from home country; the name was captured as Neelam RiZna Patel.

Letter " Z " and her dad's last name added at the end.

Patel bit is not in the passport; therefore from marriage certificate to everything else in the uk; first name Neelam last name Risna.

SO:

when we applied for her Naturalisation: we didn't fill anything for the question "have you ever been known as any other names". Having seen the other name in the credit report we were just panicing a bit...

Can this oversight come back and bite us?

Member of Standing

Re: "Other names" in the Naturalisation applicatio

Post by 1664 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:03 am

I wouldn't worry much on this.
As you mentioned you've used the passport name on all documents you should be fine.
My name for example abc def xyz - on passport
On my financial and other docs - abc xyz.

This was raised during my passport interview but had no impact on bc application.

If ukba are in doubt they will get in touch but I do t see hat happening and you don't need to worry on your query.
Good luck

shs213

Re: "Other names" in the Naturalisation applicatio

Post by shs213 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:09 am

1664 wrote:I wouldn't worry much on this.
As you mentioned you've used the passport name on all documents you should be fine.
My name for example abc def xyz - on passport
On my financial and other docs - abc xyz.

This was raised during my passport interview but had no impact on bc application.

If ukba are in doubt they will get in touch but I do t see hat happening and you don't need to worry on your query.
Good luck
Phew! releif...

Hope they contact to clarify any doubts rather than rejecting out right!