ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effect of SP30 on Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:02 pm

VSAndroid wrote:I don't believe in God but I am praying all goes well! Desperate times call for desperate measures...
This statement is interesting :lol:

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Thanks for the info. I will have a look into this. To be perfectly honest I might not bother as this was so long ago... but will defo keep this in mind for future reference...

mcovet wrote:Parking fines are NOT convictions, feel free to appeal those and refuse to pay if you feel you are right! You would go to the Adjudicator and likely to win the case. It is NOT something which affects naturalisation at all!!! The traffic wardens are not police and council is not a court! it's a civil dispute. You should only worry about speeding tickets and penalty points mate. So, just don't speed anymore and with parking fines, well, fight it mate, no affect on your naturalisation.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargains-a ... age_id=512

http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/

I don't remember when I last paid my ticket as I always appeal within reason and they cancel the ticket, or when I threaten to go all the way to adjudicator and give sound reasons, they withdraw!!! If you have a good reason (which you obviously did, you must have been on the system and if the date of your payment for parking permit precedes the parking fines, appeal those even if you paid, and threaten to go to adudicator!)

VSAndroid wrote:
kaoschapter2 wrote:just to let you all know the post man came and the post man delivered! im happy to say that my application has been accepted!!!! just have to arrange the ceremony part. hope everyone that has applied good luck.
Congrats! - I don't have any court conviction but I do have 3 points on my licence and have received £60 fixed penalty, which I mentioned on my application.

However, I also received parking fines during that time... i have not mentioned this on my application... I did not appeal and I paid straight away. I could have appealed as I had paid for the parking permit to me council...they just did not send it to me and I left a temp note on my car stating waiting for the parking permit....

Hopefully these parking fines (2) will not appear on my record... if they do - hopefully they will count it as a minor offence...

But I am worried because that means I have three minor offence within 1 month! (December 2009!)

Apart from couple of parking fines and 1 fixed penalty for jumping red light I am all clean!

I don't believe in God but I am praying all goes well! Desperate times call for desperate measures...

salmanakram

Post by salmanakram » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:15 pm

kaoschapter2 wrote:just to let you all know the post man came and the post man delivered! im happy to say that my application has been accepted!!!! just have to arrange the ceremony part. hope everyone that has applied good luck.
kaoschapter2 Congrats....Sorry i just chcked your post!!!!
How did you convince them to approve your application inspite of the conviction??? DId you write a cover letter....Please send me an email on salmanakram@gmail.com

I am really desperate for some help and guidance...thnks alot

raj26may
Newly Registered

Post by raj26may » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:12 am

Hi there, i need some advice on naturalisation. I went to NCS today who informed me that my naturalisation won't be successful because of the following two traffic offences:

1) TS10 - 23/06/09, 3 points and £60.00 fine fixed penalty
2) SP30 - 13/02/2011, 3 points and £60.00 fine fixed penalty

I did not go to court for either of these offences. The first one was by jumping a red light, i got sent a letter with proof, i admitted my offence and paid up on time and got my paper copy endorsed with the points and it came from the court. The second offence was by a roadside cop with mobile camera for speeding. once again, i did the same as my first offence.

I have no other offences, been on ILR since Aug 2010, passed life in the UK test.

Should I believe NCS or should I go ahead and still apply? I don't want to waste £836!!

By the way, I recently had an enhanced CRB for my new job. I had a clear CRB. All sections read 'none recorded'. I also paid money and checked my criminal records online against address relating to te time of my offence, they also came clear.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

gkskumar12

Ur answer

Post by gkskumar12 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:33 am

What was ur answer on the last quoestion of application
"I declare that, although I do not meet all the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances..........."
Did you tick this?
If so what explanation did u give?

salmanakram

Re: Ur answer

Post by salmanakram » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:46 pm

gkskumar12 wrote:What was ur answer on the last quoestion of application
"I declare that, although I do not meet all the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances..........."
Did you tick this?
If so what explanation did u give?
I spoke to my solicitor and he asked me to tick it. So i did. I explained my circumstances on a cover letter of how i went over the speed limit and why i went to court. I also attached the letter i sent to court and police.....still waiting..