ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost passport while applying for dvla

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

canon123
Member of Standing

lost passport while applying for dvla

Post by canon123 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:15 pm

hi, what is procedure??

Lost passport after applying for a prov license. got the license in 1wk but there isnt a passport in it. can somebody give some advise :(

LostInCountry

Re: lost passport while applying for dvla

Post by LostInCountry » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:29 pm

canon123 wrote:hi, what is procedure??

Lost passport after applying for a prov license. got the license in 1wk but there isnt a passport in it. can somebody give some advise :(
The identity document (passport in your case) is sent in a separate mail. I got my passport first and the DL a few days later. Best thing to do is to contact DVLA.

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:41 pm

got the license, but everyone is saying... you need to get passport first and then license

I got the license first... but no passport till now... a bit confused.... what is the procedure to apply for a new one and get the visa stamped etc..

Do we need to show all the earnings and stuff in order to re-apply for visa on a new passport or if i show the copy of visa, will UK BA re-stamp on my new passport

please advise....

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:56 pm

I can't help with your specific circumstance, but I would like to add that the DVLA has a premium checking service which allows you to keep your passport. It costs an extra £4 and they just certify everything they need to from your passport (that you are who you are and that you have a valid visa) and then your application is sent off without the hassle of having to send the passport itself too.

Not all DVLA offices do this, but I know for a fact that DVLA in Wimbledon does this.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:06 pm

if you still havent recieved the passport ring the dvla its their responsibility to send it back safely, then ring the royal mail. if you have lost the passport you dont have to apply for the visa again but you do have to pay for a new paper to be put into your passport, more info on the ukba page.