ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under JR ( Pre Nov 2006 ) - Success @ Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cf_firefly

ILR under JR ( Pre Nov 2006 ) - Success @ Croydon PEO

Post by Cf_firefly » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:50 pm

Firstly , I would like to thank moderators of the this wonderful forum and all people who have replied to my various queries regarding ILR and also all people who have shared their ILR experiences .

Secondly , I would like to share the details ( as below ) regarding My ILR experince at PEO Croydon :

Appointment at PEO for 0900 AM slot and was allowed into Homeoffice building at 0820 AM .

Airport style security check and Application and passport check at ground floor and Ticket number issued .

Payed fees and receipt given on First Floor and aksed to wait in waiting area opposite the counters .

After 30 Minutes , Case worker called me to counter and asked me to give Application and passports .

After Going through the application , Case worker asked me if I have a spread sheet for absences and I said I didn't have any sheet and all absences are listed on application and only had six different instances of absences in whole five year period and Case worker looked at absences and asked , what was the longest single absence outside Uk and I replied saying 53 days and then CW worker asked if I can mention the total number of absences aganist each single instance of absence and also total the days and sign it below . I did as CW said on the application and signed it and the total number of days outside UK was 141 days .

Next case worker asked for Last three months Pay slips and Last three Bank statements and I have given them . while Case worker was going through the docs , I have asked If Case worker needs Photocopies . CW said , if I have , I can submit them , I have given Photocopies of pay slips , Bank Statements and passports .

CW looked at system and said that system seems to be slow today and might take long for verfying details .

Next CW said that she needs to do some checks aganist my case and took passports and said that will come back to the counter in a while and I need to wait at the counter .

CW came back after 3 to 5 minutes later and said that one of the check , didn't come back and will need to wait further and may take 30 minutes and asked me to wait in waiting area and she will call me back to counter . I asked if this is due to system being slow or any other reason ? CW said this is normal in many istances where the checks take longer than expected and she said that if the check didn't come back within 30 minutes , i need to wait for long , may be till afternoon .

I came to waiting area opposite the counters and after waiting approxmately 20 minutes , CW called me back to same counter and said that check has come back and there is no problem on my case and she is happy to grant ILR for me and my wife and asked me to collect passports from counter 22 in 30 minutes and after 20 minutes , my number was called at counter 22 and I collected the passports with ILR .

CW didn't ask for P60 or Employer letter or cohabitation docs .Only Docs which were collected were :

Application form along with Photos .
Payslips and photocopies ( Last 3 months only )
Bank statements and photocopies ( Last 3 months only )
Passports and photocopies .

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Congratulations. Your was very simple case and the only issue examined was absences. Since these were under 180 days and the longest was also well blew 90 days that is why case worker asked you to write it down to avoid checking himself.

Lately UKBA has become strict on absences hence one must prepare proper evidence where absences for whatever reason exceeds any of the two limits.

Angela Jiang

Post by Angela Jiang » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Jami:

I had one stretch over 90days, you mentioned one should prepare enough proves to pass, what documents do you think should be enough?

my plan:
1.for economic activity: 5years p60s,pay slips during absence
2.for connect: council tax, car insurance, mobile phone bills during absence
3.most importantly, an employer's letter well indicating my long stay is absolute necessary and urgent(maybe tell the circumstance at the time),

what else do you think i should add on

also, jami, do you think Solihull will not have Grade 7 CASE WORKER?

Thanks.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: ILR under JR ( Pre Nov 2006 ) - Success @ Croydon PEO

Post by khalidmirza » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Cf_firefly wrote:Firstly , I would like to thank moderators of the this wonderful forum and all people who have replied to my various queries regarding ILR and also all people who have shared their ILR experiences .

Secondly , I would like to share the details ( as below ) regarding My ILR experince at PEO Croydon :

Appointment at PEO for 0900 AM slot and was allowed into Homeoffice building at 0820 AM .

Airport style security check and Application and passport check at ground floor and Ticket number issued .

Payed fees and receipt given on First Floor and aksed to wait in waiting area opposite the counters .

After 30 Minutes , Case worker called me to counter and asked me to give Application and passports .

After Going through the application , Case worker asked me if I have a spread sheet for absences and I said I didn't have any sheet and all absences are listed on application and only had six different instances of absences in whole five year period and Case worker looked at absences and asked , what was the longest single absence outside Uk and I replied saying 53 days and then CW worker asked if I can mention the total number of absences aganist each single instance of absence and also total the days and sign it below . I did as CW said on the application and signed it and the total number of days outside UK was 141 days .

Next case worker asked for Last three months Pay slips and Last three Bank statements and I have given them . while Case worker was going through the docs , I have asked If Case worker needs Photocopies . CW said , if I have , I can submit them , I have given Photocopies of pay slips , Bank Statements and passports .

CW looked at system and said that system seems to be slow today and might take long for verfying details .

Next CW said that she needs to do some checks aganist my case and took passports and said that will come back to the counter in a while and I need to wait at the counter .

CW came back after 3 to 5 minutes later and said that one of the check , didn't come back and will need to wait further and may take 30 minutes and asked me to wait in waiting area and she will call me back to counter . I asked if this is due to system being slow or any other reason ? CW said this is normal in many istances where the checks take longer than expected and she said that if the check didn't come back within 30 minutes , i need to wait for long , may be till afternoon .

I came to waiting area opposite the counters and after waiting approxmately 20 minutes , CW called me back to same counter and said that check has come back and there is no problem on my case and she is happy to grant ILR for me and my wife and asked me to collect passports from counter 22 in 30 minutes and after 20 minutes , my number was called at counter 22 and I collected the passports with ILR .

CW didn't ask for P60 or Employer letter or cohabitation docs .Only Docs which were collected were :

Application form along with Photos .
Payslips and photocopies ( Last 3 months only )
Bank statements and photocopies ( Last 3 months only )
Passports and photocopies .
Congratulations. Today I am so happy that my point is proved i.e
1 There is no requirement for employer letter for JR cases, Rules require you to be economically active at the time of application
2 Even P60 also prove that you were earning your livelihood and probably did not go for public funds. Background checks in all probability check your criminal convictions (Like CRB) and check that you did not receive any public funds.
May be it has become a norm to submit these documents as a routine by applicants

nehalbhagat

Advise

Post by nehalbhagat » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Congratulations for your success.
which form you took new one May version or Oct version ?

Which section you ticked in 3 and 10.

Thanks

Cf_firefly

Re: Advise

Post by Cf_firefly » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Thanks Nehalbhagat .

I took May version application . The october version was probably uploaded only today to the site . I have checked yesterday 23:00 BST and It was still May version .

In section 3 I ticked :

Section B
Tier 1 (General) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document

and In section 10 :

I ticked 10 A and 10 G

Thanks
Firefly

vasanthkumar15
Newly Registered

Post by vasanthkumar15 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Cf_firefly wrote:Thanks Nehalbhagat .

I took May version application . The october version was probably uploaded only today to the site . I have checked yesterday 23:00 BST and It was still May version .

In section 3 I ticked :

Section B
Tier 1 (General) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document

and In section 10 :

I ticked 10 A and 10 G

Thanks
Firefly
-------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations and well done

Please advise if you had to write the Life in the Uk test and ESOL

Thank you

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi vasanthkumar15 ,

I don't need to write Life in the Uk test and ESOL , as I am under ILR JR Pre Nov 2006 category .

Thanks
Firefly

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Congrats Cf_firefly.

Did the CW tell you what those checks were???

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Thanks erpfresh .

CW told me that they are standard checks and didn't tell what they are .

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:38 pm

For Angela Jiang -- with reference to your query dated 01 Nov

Your plan is proper. Maintaining home in UK during extended absence is a very good evidence of "continued to be based in UK" with the intention to settle here.