ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration for family members

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

salina02

Immigration for family members

Post by salina02 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi,

I have to apply for BC next year i am on ILR (HSMP), I have a wife and and child in India hoping to bring them after i get BC, My wife been here on dependant but her visa got expired when she was in india.

Now what visa do I have to apply for my wife and can I register my child as a British after I get the BC.

Thanks
Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:13 pm

salina02 wrote:I hope I am in the same situation
Not exactly as the OP child in question was born after he became British.
I have to apply for BC next year i am on ILR (HSMP)
BC is a privilege. You don't have to apply for it. You can stay on ILR as long as you wish.
Now what visa do I have to apply for my wife and can I register my child as a British after I get the BC.
Your wife should apply for a spouse visa of a settled person.
Was your child born in the UK or India? If in the UK, you can apply for registration as British citizen now. If born in India, then can apply for registration after/with your application for BC.

salina02

Post by salina02 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:29 am

Jambo wrote:
salina02 wrote:I hope I am in the same situation
Not exactly as the OP child in question was born after he became British.
I have to apply for BC next year i am on ILR (HSMP)
BC is a privilege. You don't have to apply for it. You can stay on ILR as long as you wish.
Your wife should apply for a spouse visa of a settled person.
Was your child born in the UK or India? If in the UK, you can apply for registration as British citizen now. If born in India, then can apply for registration after/with your application for BC.
Thanks Jambo,

If born in India, then can apply for registration after/with your application for BC

How shall i proceed with this after getting a BC for me, Is there any application for the baby to get register from overseas as the baby will be in India at that time.

Regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:30 pm

With both your wife and your child in India, it is highly unlikely (read almost impossible) that an application for registration under section 3(1) (registration subject to discretion) - submitted overseas - will be approved. See 9.17.9.

Just as your spouse, your child will also need to apply for settlement visa as child of a settled person / British citizen.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

salina02

Post by salina02 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:37 am

Thanks Sushdmehta