ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online bank statement - stamped by bank

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doconner

Online bank statement - stamped by bank

Post by doconner » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:30 pm

I have a question regarding using online bank statements for maintenance funds.

I have a cash ISA with Halifax, and I only receive annual statements.

Looking at the guidance it says specifically:
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic
bank statements from an online account these
must contain all of the details listed above.
In addition, the applicant will need to provide
either:
• a supporting letter from his/her bank,
on company headed paper, confirming the
authenticity of the statements; or
• an electronic bank statement bearing
the official stamp of the bank in question will
be accepted. This stamp should appear on
every page of the statement.

I went to Halifax today with a printout of my account since August, and asked them to stamp it, which they did for me with the following stamp:

but they didn't sign it.

However I see most everyone on this forum saying they have their documents SIGNED and stamped.

The guidance doesn't specifically say that the stamps need to be signed, and I'm curious if having the above stamp on my statement is enough, or if I should I go back and insist that they sign it as well.

Has anyone had banking documents denied because they were stamped and not signed?

boy_oh_boy
Newly Registered

Same query

Post by boy_oh_boy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:34 pm

I also have the same query and is in the same situation. Have Barclays Cash ISA and a stamped printed statement. The stamp looks similar to doconner's picture.

Please help

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:43 pm

only stamp is fine as per the guidance

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:46 pm

the stamp is fine on its own. However does the statement you have printed out include the bank's logo?

boy_oh_boy
Newly Registered

Post by boy_oh_boy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:49 pm

No logo. The statement is just a list of transactions with my name, account number and the transactions. And of course the stamp which has the bank name, branch name and the sort code too. - Not letter head or logo on the paper.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:50 pm

boy_oh_boy wrote:No logo. The statement is just a list of transactions with my name, account number and the transactions. And of course the stamp which has the bank name, branch name and the sort code too. - Not letter head or logo on the paper.
the statement must have the bank's logo as set out in the policy guidance.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:55 pm

This will not be accepted by UKBA. Better get print outs on Bank stationary having the bank logo.

I am not sure if Halifax does it but go into a local branch and request them for the same.

kiran2009
Newly Registered

Post by kiran2009 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:28 pm

From guidance:

Code: Select all

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confi rming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the offi cial stamp
of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear
on every page of the statement.
Generally bank issues a letter(like we are sending statemets as per your request) along with statement, that should be sufficient. If you have stamped bank statements, on normal paper, it will not be an issue. Search the forum for more info.

created4luv
Newly Registered

Post by created4luv » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi
I had this exact same issue, i printed out my statement from my online banking which has the logo but cannot be submitted on its own as per ukba guidelines, i submitted this with the statement that was stamped by the bank and put a covering letter stating that that was the statement verified by my halifax branch at *** and their contact number is ***.

I have recived my BRP today without any issues whatsoever. And it is acceptable as per ukba guidelines because it is stamped by the bank and bears the banks name and your name, adress and account details.