ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imranh

Bank Statement for ILR

Post by imranh » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi Everyone

Just a quick question (hopefully).

Just to give you some background info first. I am British and my wife is Pakistani and is here on a settlement visa. She came to the UK in Dec 2010 and here visa expires Feb 2013.

We have a joint bank account where she is the primary account holder and I am the secondary account holder. Btw, she is not working and I am.
This account is not my main account and has only about £300. My main account is with a different bank and I have about £10k on it and it shows my salary going in.

Is this going to be a problem? As I thought that the purpose of the bank statements like the other bills is to show us living together.
If this is a problem shall I not add my main account statements in the application?

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: Bank Statement for ILR

Post by khalidmirza » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:32 am

imranh wrote:Hi Everyone

Just to give you some background info first. I am British and my wife is Pakistani and is here on a settlement visa. She came to the UK in Dec 2010 and here visa expires Feb 2013.

We have a joint bank account where she is the primary account holder and I am the secondary account holder. Btw, she is not working and I am.
This account is not my main account and has only about £300. My main account is with a different bank and I have about £10k on it and it shows my salary going in.

Is this going to be a problem? As I thought that the purpose of the bank statements like the other bills is to show us living together.
If this is a problem shall I not add my main account statements in the application?
Is there any activity in your account. Normally bank statements are acceptable as cohabitation proof. I am sure you are aware of other proofs like utility bill, GP letters, credit card bills,tenancy agreement,

imranh

Re: Bank Statement for ILR

Post by imranh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:18 am

khalidmirza wrote:
imranh wrote:Hi Everyone

Is there any activity in your account. Normally bank statements are acceptable as cohabitation proof. I am sure you are aware of other proofs like utility bill, GP letters, credit card bills,tenancy agreement,
Not much activity on the account to be honest- its just on some months it may show cash being deposited into the acount. does there need to be activity on the account?

Yes I am aware of the other proofs- so far I have

2 of this bank account statements in our full names
I have 2 united utility bills in both our full names
I have 2 npower bills in her full name and my first initial and surname (because they could not fit both our full names on the account)

I have nhs letters and NI letter addressed to her only as well.

I have been trying to sort out my BT statement with our full names on the account for 4 months now but they are really incompetent and keep on making the same mistakes again and again!!!!

what do you think? :)

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:03 am

I think the frequency of activity or balance does not matter here as the purpose of the document is to establish cohabitation.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi

I believe that you've got enough docs to prove your co-hab that's all what it's required. You dont really have to prove any economic activity done by your wife.

Good luck for your wife ILR.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:10 am

There is no requirement for bank account activity as such for cohabitation proof. Please do submit your saving account statement as well to show your financial heath. You have sufficient documents for cohabitation proof. Best of luck

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks alot guys for the replies. much appreciated.

Just to note that I do not have a savings account for personal reasons but I do have a current account with £10k on the balance which I presume is more than enough. I will use this to show my financial health whilst using my joint account with my wife as proof of cohabitation. This should be ok I presume.

Just one more question

My wife came to the UK in Dec 2010 and her visa expires Feb 2013. I though settlement visas were issued for 2 years exactly as is the case with a couple of my friends?? i.e. should my wife's visa not expire dec 2012?