ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawal of Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Withdrawal of Passport Application

Post by rashidawan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:27 am

I applied three weeks back and I found out that I made a mistake on my passport application. Basically, I put the application date and my counter signatory put the date prior to the ceremony date and most probably they will invalidate my application. Even though I checked it with Check & Send service guy and he was happy with that but I think they will probably reject my application. it is my first adult passport after naturalisation.

Is it best if I re-apply by withdrawing the application or should I wait until they decide.

oscar22

Re: Withdrawal of Passport Application

Post by oscar22 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:43 am

rashidawan wrote:I applied three weeks back and I found out that I made a mistake on my passport application. Basically, I put the application date and my counter signatory put the date prior to the ceremony date and most probably they will invalidate my application. Even though I checked it with Check & Send service guy and he was happy with that but I think they will probably reject my application. it is my first adult passport after naturalisation.

Is it best if I re-apply by withdrawing the application or should I wait until they decide.
Wait till IPS let you know if they accept or reject your application. Most probably, they will request you to fill another application (may or may not ask you to pay again). Your present application goes into their records.

If you have not heard from them after six weeks, call them. IPS is more customer friendly and will explain anything required.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:49 am

I would recommend you to contact IPS and get an update from them. Like oscar22 said they are quite friendly and will give you correct information.

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:20 am

rashidawan wrote:I applied three weeks back and I found out that I made a mistake on my passport application. Basically, I put the application date and my counter signatory put the date prior to the ceremony date and most probably they will invalidate my application. Even though I checked it with Check & Send service guy and he was happy with that but I think they will probably reject my application. it is my first adult passport after naturalisation.

Have you heard from the IPS? If not contact them through this link ( http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_181663 ). They normally reply, in my own personal experience, within a very few hours. Keep us posted. Best wishes.

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Post by rashidawan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:25 am

DEVONIAN wrote:

Have you heard from the IPS? If not contact them through this link ( http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_181663 ). They normally reply, in my own personal experience, within a very few hours. Keep us posted. Best wishes.
Yes, I have got an appointment for the interview in first week of April. Will update you later. Thanks.