ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A great honour to be British

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

masha.ketu
Newly Registered

A great honour to be British

Post by masha.ketu » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Just had my private citizenship ceremony which took 8 minutes! So glad for the privilege to become a Briton.
Now to apply for the passport,I have some queries :- Do I have to send all my passports(expired or not). Also how do you fill the wedding dates of parents if they are old and cannot recollect? :)
Do i just leave the space blank as I did not get citizenship through them.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Congratulations.

I suggest you read the sticky FAQ - most common questions - Passport.

masha.ketu
Newly Registered

Post by masha.ketu » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Jambo wrote:Congratulations.

I suggest you read the sticky FAQ - most common questions - Passport.
thanks a lot

DEVONIAN

Re: A great honour to be British

Post by DEVONIAN » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:49 pm

masha.ketu wrote:Just had my private citizenship ceremony which took 8 minutes! So glad for the privilege to become a Briton.
Now to apply for the passport,I have some queries :- Do I have to send all my passports(expired or not). Also how do you fill the wedding dates of parents if they are old and cannot recollect? :)

Thanks
Congratulations masha.ketu! The link provided by Jambo says it all. It's very straightforward. Best wishes.

masha.ketu
Newly Registered

Re: A great honour to be British

Post by masha.ketu » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:49 pm

DEVONIAN wrote:
masha.ketu wrote:Just had my private citizenship ceremony which took 8 minutes! So glad for the privilege to become a Briton.

Thanks
Congratulations masha.ketu! The link provided by Jambo says it all. It's very straightforward. Best wishes.
I did send off the application form to IPS today through Check and send. Hopefully I should have it in a month. Also paid £3 for my docs to be returned. Please would it be through Secial Delivery by Royal Mail?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:00 pm

IPS don't use royalmail but a private courier company (DX). Sometimes they just drop the package through your letterbox and sometimes they require a signature (no idea how they decide on that).