ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amit.pancholi
Newly Registered

Post by amit.pancholi » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:54 am

mustang390 wrote:
lupilu wrote:
mustang390 wrote:Hi is there anybody who applied after 1st of March 2012 ?
hi mustang390, i applied on 10 march. when did u applied did u received any acknowledgement letter? i have no idea what will be the time line after 1 march. hopefully things will be fine.
Hi lupilu I sent Application on 19/March/12 and they received it on 20/March/12 and waiting for acknowledgement letter.
Have they taken the fee from your account yet ?
sekhar wrote:Hi guys, I have recently submitted my ILR application by POST.
here is my timeline :-

Applied under SET (O)

Special Delivery Sent - 14/03/12
Post delivered on - 15/03/2012
Money got debited (CHEQUE) on - 21/03/2012
Acknowledged - Yet to receive letter.

As money has gone out of my account, waiting game has just started for me !! My case is straight forward so hoping to get ILR within 3 Months.... fingers crossed !!!

Will keep updating my status.
Please update me if any one has received letter for BRP/registered BRP

Thanks a lot

VN

Post by VN » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:17 pm

still no good news this week??? depressing (((

vertue
Newly Registered

processing time for postal and premium service?

Post by vertue » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:57 am

Hi all, i would like to know what is the processing time for postal application and what is the processing time for premium service.

your reply is highly appreciated.

regards
vertue

onlyifiknew
Newly Registered

Post by onlyifiknew » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:29 am

VN wrote:still no good news this week??? depressing (((
this must be the pre easter lull!!no flying away this time.

Message for vertue re waiting times:Just see some of our login names!e.g mine and make up your mind.

VN

Post by VN » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:53 am

onlyifiknew wrote:
VN wrote:still no good news this week??? depressing (((
this must be the pre easter lull!!no flying away this time.
I just can't believe this entire situation. The frustration with this sh*** system builds up with every day of waiting. Few days ago I told one of my friends about my frustration and wait. He than said, that he had to wait for his decision over Irish nationality almost 4 years. A very long time I agree, but the difference is that while he was waiting for the decision, he was able to travel and to be able to go on with his life, because they didn't take his passport for that.
The big difference is that WE ARE STUCK for 6 months or so. And at the end of all this wait, you are not guaranteed at all a positive outcome!
Really, really frustrated!

Preacher

Re: processing time for postal and premium service?

Post by Preacher » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:24 am

[quote="vertue"]

Hi all, i would like to know what is the processing time for postal application and what is the processing time for premium service.

your reply is highly appreciated.

regards
vertue[/quote]

postal application - 3-6 months
premium service - 3-5 hours

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:58 am

It looks like nobody is getting ILR this week.

I found the following news on BA website:

[i]Cancellation of appointments at our Croydon public enquiry office
29 March 2012. We are currently experiencing technical problems at our public enquiry office in Croydon, therefore we will not be accepting any appointments today. Applicants with postal or premium appointments booked for today (Thursday 29 March 2012) must not attend as they will be turned away. Applicants unable to be seen today must re-book their appointments through the online booking system. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. [/i]

It could be that the technical problems they are speaking about have effect on our applications as well.

For me it is almost 22 weeks of waiting...

onlyifiknew
Newly Registered

Post by onlyifiknew » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:23 pm

Preacher wrote:It looks like nobody is getting ILR this week.

I found the following news on BA website:

Cancellation of appointments at our Croydon public enquiry office
29 March 2012. We are currently experiencing technical problems at our public enquiry office in Croydon, therefore we will not be accepting any appointments today. Applicants with postal or premium appointments booked for today (Thursday 29 March 2012) must not attend as they will be turned away. Applicants unable to be seen today must re-book their appointments through the online booking system. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

It could be that the technical problems they are speaking about have effect on our applications as well.

For me it is almost 22 weeks of waiting...
there is always the Saturday effect!

VN

Re: set o JR

Post by VN » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:27 pm

moraa wrote:I contacted the settlement ops today and I got the following response. Weird.
"This mailbox is for Policy queries only and so I am unable to provide you with an update on your application.

If you would like to speak to someone about your case, you should call the Immigration Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766. However, staff cannot usually provide any information about your application if you applied less than 6 months ago.

I can confirm that your expedite letter has been received and forwarded to the relevant operational team."
I think the response depends on the person who receives your email.
Susan1228 wrote:
Hi, Onlyifknew & Saiprabu111,

The email address I used is settlementopspolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, they should forward your email to the case worker, please give them your reference number in your acknowledgement letter. good luck!
I also sent an email this morning to the email address above and so far no reply at all. I honestly don't understand what's going on :(

amit.pancholi
Newly Registered

postal Applicants-Biometrics enrolment going To PO Only

Post by amit.pancholi » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:47 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... enrolment/

From 10 April 2012, you will only be able to enrol your biometric information at one of 104 post offices nationwide and the option of enrolling your biometric information at a Home Office biometric centre will no longer be available. This is a walk-in service, with no need to book an appointment. When you receive your application, we will send you a letter inviting you to enrol your biometric information at a post office. You must take the back page of the letter (which includes your case reference number, a barcode, full name and date of birth) when you go to the post office. If you do not do this, Post Office Ltd will not be able to proceed with your enrolment.

When you use the service, you will be charged an additional handling fee of £19.20, payable to Post Office Ltd. You can pay this fee by cash or debit card.

Details of your nearest branch can be found on the Post Office Ltd website.

For more information and other options for enrolment, see the Enrolling your biometric information page.

A list of addresses of our public enquiry offices and biometric enrolment centres can be found below, where postal applicants in the UK can enrol their biometric information by appointment until 5 April 2012. To find out how to book an appointment online or by phone, see the Booking an appointment page. Please do not use 0870 606 7766 to book an appointment.

saiprabu111
Newly Registered

Post by saiprabu111 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:50 pm

I think there are just updating their IT computer systems being the end of the tax year... Lets all be positive and live along with it. We all will get the Visa with next week hopefully...

VN wrote:
moraa wrote:I contacted the settlement ops today and I got the following response. Weird.
"This mailbox is for Policy queries only and so I am unable to provide you with an update on your application.

If you would like to speak to someone about your case, you should call the Immigration Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766. However, staff cannot usually provide any information about your application if you applied less than 6 months ago.

I can confirm that your expedite letter has been received and forwarded to the relevant operational team."
Susan1228 wrote:

The email address I used is settlementopspolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, they should forward your email to the case worker, please give them your reference number in your acknowledgement letter. good luck!
I also sent an email this morning to the email address above and so far no reply at all. I honestly don't understand what's going on :(

antgod
Newly Registered

Lets all get out there and expedite our applications

Post by antgod » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:51 am

Greetings all,

Like most of you I am also frustrated, annoyed and not impressed with such an archaic and ridiculously poor application processing service. I look at the average wait times and think that if the turnaround is 12 weeks then you are very lucky, I’m sorry, 12 weeks! Seriously? should we pat them on the back and be grateful for such a swift service? But the reality looks more like 4 – 7 Months which is in itself off the charts and mind blowing and considering one has to pay almost a thousand pounds for the privilege. In retrospect if I had known then what I know now I would have paid extra (I stupidly did not think the 95% in 6 months statement could possibly be true) There are people on the forum who say that the HO staff are working hard and are very busy which I appreciate but the fact remains that the waiting times have been getting progressively worse over the years to the point where they extended maximum waiting times from 14 weeks to 26 weeks over night, clearly not addressing the problem. Who here feels like a second class citizen? Most of us have been living and working hard in this country for years yet at the gateway of this country we are treated with such disregard and for a country that prides itself on customer service, queue management and escalation points there is absolutely no display of any of that in this process. How can you possibly say no status updates for 6 months poor, poor, poor!

Travel restrictions hurt, I can’t see my family and friends abroad and also my job requires me to travel abroad for projects, they have been patient till now but I fear losing my job and then unable to seek new employment because I won’t have a Visa so no employer would want anything to do with me.

Misery aside I encourage everyone to do a 3 pronged approach to help expedite their applications. The more voices put out there the more someone will take notice at the HO especially when several MP’s are enquiring at the same time.
Get your local MP to chase them up as it is part of their job to enquire about immigration issues…it is very easy and all done online via this link http://www.writetothem.com/

Next write a paper letter to the office where your application is being processed – try not to complain and criticise the process or that will go in the Bin, just plead your case that you really need an answer due to family travel and work requirements etc

Write an email to the below address and same applies as writing the letter - try not to complain and criticise the process (it will be hard to resist) I don’t think the email address is the correct address for our purpose but they should forward it internally to the right place. At least it is a foot in the door.

settlementopspolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I have used all 3 methods over the past 2 weeks – Nothing back from the Letter or email but the MP wrote back to say they are chasing them up.
Good luck all – It has been 16 weeks for me so far (abandoned my Easter and May bank holiday plans abroad)

lucky1234

Want to Swap ILR Croydon Appointment?

Post by lucky1234 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:13 am

Hi All,

Want to Swap ILR Croydon Appointment?

I have ILR appointment booked in croydon on 16April 2012 and would like to swap it with someone who has an appointment booked between 20th and 30th April 2012. It must match the following specification.

Appointment specification:

SET(O) for 3 People (Main applicant & two dependants).

It is easy to swap and i will explain the procedure.

Anyone interested please let me know as soon as possible.

Cheers

KVP51
Newly Registered

Re: Lets all get out there and expedite our applications

Post by KVP51 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:13 pm

antgod wrote:Greetings all,

Like most of you I am also frustrated, annoyed and not impressed with such an archaic and ridiculously poor application processing service. I look at the average wait times and think that if the turnaround is 12 weeks then you are very lucky, I’m sorry, 12 weeks! Seriously? should we pat them on the back and be grateful for such a swift service? But the reality looks more like 4 – 7 Months which is in itself off the charts and mind blowing and considering one has to pay almost a thousand pounds for the privilege. In retrospect if I had known then what I know now I would have paid extra (I stupidly did not think the 95% in 6 months statement could possibly be true) There are people on the forum who say that the HO staff are working hard and are very busy which I appreciate but the fact remains that the waiting times have been getting progressively worse over the years to the point where they extended maximum waiting times from 14 weeks to 26 weeks over night, clearly not addressing the problem. Who here feels like a second class citizen? Most of us have been living and working hard in this country for years yet at the gateway of this country we are treated with such disregard and for a country that prides itself on customer service, queue management and escalation points there is absolutely no display of any of that in this process. How can you possibly say no status updates for 6 months poor, poor, poor!

Travel restrictions hurt, I can’t see my family and friends abroad and also my job requires me to travel abroad for projects, they have been patient till now but I fear losing my job and then unable to seek new employment because I won’t have a Visa so no employer would want anything to do with me.

Misery aside I encourage everyone to do a 3 pronged approach to help expedite their applications. The more voices put out there the more someone will take notice at the HO especially when several MP’s are enquiring at the same time.
Get your local MP to chase them up as it is part of their job to enquire about immigration issues…it is very easy and all done online via this link http://www.writetothem.com/

Next write a paper letter to the office where your application is being processed – try not to complain and criticise the process or that will go in the Bin, just plead your case that you really need an answer due to family travel and work requirements etc

Write an email to the below address and same applies as writing the letter - try not to complain and criticise the process (it will be hard to resist) I don’t think the email address is the correct address for our purpose but they should forward it internally to the right place. At least it is a foot in the door.

I have used all 3 methods over the past 2 weeks – Nothing back from the Letter or email but the MP wrote back to say they are chasing them up.
Good luck all – It has been 16 weeks for me so far (abandoned my Easter and May bank holiday plans abroad)
Hi Antgod,

Word by word the same scenario with me except for the fact that whatever you are fearing, I am actually living it my friend.

For not being able to travel my employer kept me on some project in Jan but then was asked to take Unpaid leave from Feb onwatrds.

My marriage which was supposed to be on 23rd march had to be postponed.

I simply cant explain my state of mind. Well anyways...

That is good information from you for everyone to chase UKBA. I did follow that route already but was quiet unlucky I think....

Sent Expedite letter by post in January to Croydon - No Reply
Sent Expedite letter by post in Feb to Liverpool - No reply
Wrote to MP who was kind enough to raise enquiry with UKBA on 2nd Mar - No response yet
Sent email to SettlementOps last week - No response

But Hay Hoo thats as far as I could go.

Dont mean to discourage anyone...Just my frustration spilled out.
Good Luck Everyone. We all need it.

Regards.

ineedhelpurgent
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Processing Timelines - postal app. (excluding 10/14

Post by ineedhelpurgent » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:11 pm

Application sent January 18
Letter received January 23
money taken January 20
Still waiting

ILR SET M
I sent my Application sent out 18/01/2012 Letter received 23rd of January, out come still waiting is now two months and 2 weeks and now my husband want to travel urgently he needs his passport, please help me if i should request for my husband passport only will it affect my application or not will the home office return everything back ? or will that delay my application and their decision will they cancel it all ? . will they use my husband passport to decide my case ????? help

Thanks for any reply

Susan1228

Re: Lets all get out there and expedite our applications

Post by Susan1228 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:25 pm

antgod wrote:Greetings all,

Hi, antgod,

Thanks for the detail information for chasing ukba, it's much useful for other applicants.

By checking the waiting time for set (O) and set (O) JR, we all know how poor the service is. Yes, in the web, it is said that 95% of the applicants will receive the decision within 6 months (before 2010, we are told the same, however, most of us get visa in 3 to 5 weeks), nobody relialized that it is almost 6 months (e.g, myself, applied for 07/10/2011, it is told this Monday that I should receive my passport in 10 days , i.e. I should get my passport around 05/04/2012. I was not told it is positive or negative results). My case is very straightforward, I did not send any expedite letter etc, so it is a typically example how long each case takes for set (O) JR at moment.

As we known, the maximum processing time until the end of dec 2011 is 14 weeks, after that you can ask ukba update your cases, furthermore the case worker disposes the applicants who sent expedite letter as soon as they can, supposing applicants have reasonable reasons or give enough evidences.
From this year you cannot get any information when you waiting time less than 6 months. Even if you need your passport urgently, and have very reasonable reasons to ask them to consider your situation earlier, they just ignore the requests. e.g. OCT 2011, KVP51 and you. I really hope you all receive your visa within next week.

For the applicants who have to ask ukba consider their cases earlier, the 3 ways are very helpful and they can try all of them, even if it does not work, do something is better than do nothing. However, for most of the applicants, the best way is to take part in the waiting game more patiently. If all of us use all the 3 ways to chase ukba, I am afraid the case worker ignores the applicants who are really in urgent because it seems that everyone has reasonable reasons to ask speeding up their applications. This is just my oppion, if I am wrong please correct me.

My suggestion for the later applicants are : 1.don't apply by post if you can apply for in person.
2. If you have to apply for by post, you should expect to wait for 6 months, if you do receive the visa earlier, that's a bonus. and your wating becomes less stressful and painful.

ineedhelpurgent
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelpurgent » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:28 pm

VN wrote:

Susan1228 wrote:

Application sent January 18
money taken January 20
Still waiting

ILR SET M
I sent my Application sent out 18/01/2012 Letter received 23rd of January, out come still waiting is now two months and 2 weeks and now my husband want to travel urgently he needs his passport, please help me if i should request for my husband passport only will it affect my application or not will the home office return everything back ? or will that delay my application and their decision will they cancel it all ? . will they use my husband passport to decide my case ????? help

Susan1228

Re: ILR Processing Timelines - postal app. (excluding 10/14

Post by Susan1228 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:32 pm

ineedhelpurgent wrote:Application sent January 18
money taken January 20
Still waiting

ILR SET M

Thanks for any reply
Hi, Ineedyourhelpurgent,

As far as I know, in this forum, at least one applicant in set (M) group asked ukba return her husband passport earlier because her husband had a urgent business trip, and the case work returned her husband's passport 3 weeks earlier before she got the ILR. Hope this helps.

bump

Post by bump » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:11 am

hasn't any 'modern day slaves' got their 'freedom' this week?

in old days they got their freedom just by requesting a letter from their employer. lucky b***rds.

sorry if i offended anyone. just expressing my feelings.

brofash
Newly Registered

how true

Post by brofash » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:01 pm

bump wrote:hasn't any 'modern day slaves' got their 'freedom' this week?

in old days they got their freedom just by requesting a letter from their employer. lucky b***rds.

sorry if i offended anyone. just expressing my feelings.
what a way to say , full marks, i feel like that bump , i swear its hurting

muzy
Newly Registered

Still Waiting

Post by muzy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:09 am

Hi Friends...

I hope we all get good news this week...Mine is going to be 14 weeks this week..

Have a happy news all of you..

VN

Post by VN » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:37 am

New week, same hopes!
Morning everyone, below is the updated list. If anyone spots any mistakes, please let me know

After such an awfully quiet week, let's hope we are inundated with good news this week!

SUCCESSFUL
Set M

luke79 - applied on 15/09/2011 - 16 weeks
invincible27 -applied on 20/10/2011 - 13 weeks
bazzy_1 applied on 03/11/2011 - 11 weeks
simbal applied on 18/11/2011 - 11 weeks
smz applied on 23/11/2011 - 11 weeks
doggles applied on 10/10/2011 - 17 weeks
kayaniii applied on 07/01/2012 – 6 weeks
Unfair applied on 28/11/2011 - 11 weeks
mai12 applied on 30/10/2011 - 16 weeks
ruthmac applied on 22/10/2011 - 19 weeks
jinky applied 19/10/2011 - 19 weeks
pymapp applied on 06/12/2011 - 12 weeks
thiru123 applied on 24/10/2011 - 18 weeks
Skymoon applied 08/12/2011 - 12 weeks
amsidk applied on 11/10/2011 - 21 weeks (passport received on 06/03/12, ILR stamped on 22/02/12)
chrisrich applied on 19/12/2011 - 11 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 25/02/12)
zari83 applied 19/10/2011 - 20 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 25/02/12)
Paperclip101 applied on 05/12/2011 - 13 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 19/02/12)
gregos applied on 03/02/2012 VIA PEO - 5 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 06/03/12)
polly_s applied on 22/12/2011 - 11 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 25/02/12)
gid1818 applied on 21/11/2011 - 15 weeks (passport received on 10/03/12, ILR stamped on 24/02/12)
spot applied on 11/10/2011 - 21 weeks (passport received on 12/03/12, ILR stamped on 29/02/12)
bob-russell applied on 19/10/2011 - 20 weeks (passport received on 13/03/12, ILR stamped on 29/02/12)
boniface applied on 02/11/2011 - 19 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 18/02/12)
gaku applied on 06/09/11 - 27 weeks
ShahG applied on 19/12/11 - 12 weeks (passport received on 15/03/12, ILR stamped on 11/02/12)
januaryilr applied on 19/01/12 – 8 weeks (passport received on 16/03/12, ILR stamped on 05/03/12)
tyro520 applied on 13/12/11 (Tu) - 14 weeks (passport received on 21/03/12, ILR stamped on 11/03/12)
SetMyasin applied 13/12/11 (Tu) - 14 weeks (passport picked up on 21/03/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)
sdwaitingidr on 02/12/11 (Fr) - 15 weeks (passport received on 22/03/12, ILR stamped on 04/03/12)
hiphop applied on 04/11/11 (Fr) - 20 weeks (passport received on 24/03/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)

Set O
lifeonhold applied on 08/08/2011 - 22 weeks
Rennie applied on 25/08/2011 - 19 weeks
totallylegit applied on 07/9/2011 - 19 weeks
victorlcb applied on 12/9/2011 - 18 weeks
SETO25Oct2011applied on 20/10/2011 - 12 weeks (after letter of expedite)
GSOTodd applied on 05/09/2011 - 19 weeks
albert11 applied on 10/09/2011 - 21 weeks
shuklap applied on 24/11/2011 - 11 weeks
2011ILR-2012 applied on 05/12/2011 - 9 weeks
ratish123 applied on 12/09/2011 - 22 weeks (sent expedite)
rjn360 applied 21/09/2011 - 22 weeks
cuncfbrk applied on 31/10/2011 - 16 weeks
mazuv applied on 28/09/2011 - 21 weeks
Money123 applied on 26/08/2011 - 25 weeks (ILR stamped Nov 2011, but went to old address, hence delay)
humtum76 applied on 14/11/2011 - 15 weeks
Dondanell applied on 25/10/2011 - 19 weeks
Shuklac78 applied on 15/09/11 (Th) - 20 weeks (received on 20/02/2012)
septILR applied on 24/09/2011 - 24 weeks
kumar81 applied on 12/12/2011 - 13 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 02/03/12)
Saleeem applied on 6/01/2012 – 10 weeks (passport received on 21/03/12)
Rithi applied on 15/11/11 - 19 weeks (passport picked up on 24/03/12, ILR stamped on 08/03/12)
manishchaudhry applied on 16/11/11 - 18 weeks (passport received on 22/03/12, ILR stamped on 05/03/12)
teluguabbayi applied on 13/10/11 - 23 weeks (passport received on 02/04/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)

Set O JR
uyi.controller applied on 30/07/2011 - 23 weeks
p5004 appliedon 16/08/2011 - 19 weeks
TEDDY61 applied 19/08/2011 - 21 weeks
mollymaik applied on 20/08/2011 - 19 weeks
a-s applied on 22/08/2011 - 21 weeks
kollexy applied on 28/08/2011 - 17 weeks
Nemo2011 applied on 30/08/2011 - 19 weeks
I-L-R-2011 applied on 31/08/2011 - 20 weeks
Doubletrouble applied on 06/09/2011 - 20 weeks
abdul23 applied on 25/08/2011 - 22 weeks
kamicool applied on 18/08/2011 - 24 weeks
ishareef17 applied on 09/09/2011 - 21 weeks
liner2011 applied on 21/09/2011 - 21 weeks
superman555 applied on 23/09/2011 - 22 weeks
Waiting2011 applied on 24/10/2011 - 18 weeks
pirzadaz applied on 03/10/2011 - 22 weeks (passport received on 07/03/2012, ILR stamped on 22/02/2012)
drsk applied on 20/09/2011 - 24 weeks (passport received on 10/03/12, ILR stamped on 29/02/12)
skywalka applied on 04/10/11 - 23 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 01/03/12)
gj6ab5657 applied on 28/09/2011 - 24 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 28/02/12)

WAITING
SET M

speed120 applied on 04/08/11 (Th) - 33 weeks
Max applied on 12/12/11 (Mo) - 16 weeks
muzy applied on 23/12/11 (Fr) - 14 weeks
Zhimin applied on 24/12/11 (Sa) - 14 weeks
ineedhelpurgent applied 18/01/12 (We) – 10 weeks
ted7913 applied on 27/01/12 (Fr) - 9 weeks
R&F applied on 20/02/12 (Mo) - 6 weeks
planetman123 applied on 22/02/12 (We) – 5 weeks
Skirty applied 27/02/12 (Mo) – 5 weeks

SET O
MiraclePrayer applied on 06/09/11 (Tu) - 29 weeks
Preacher applied on 31/10/11 (Mo) - 22 weeks
tushars applied on 01/11/11 (Tu) - 21 weeks
gvijaygadde applied on 11/11/11 (Fr) - 20 weeks
KVP51 applied on 21/11/11 (Mo) - 19 weeks
haidder applied on 26/11/11 (Sa) – 18 weeks
shortwait applied on 29/11/11 (Tu) - 17 weeks
aharar applied on 29/11/11 (Tu) - 17 weeks
antgod applied on 08/12/11 (Th) - 15 weeks
tannipartner applied on 27/12/11 (Tu) - 13 weeks
bump applied on 05/01/12 (Th) - 11 weeks
chikalo2006 applied on 14/01/12 (Sa) - 11 weeks
vik_2012 applied on 18/01/12 (We) – 10 weeks
youoz applied on 21/02/12 (Tu) – 5 weeks
oliverjohnson applied on 23/02/12 (Th) - 4 weeks
sekhar applied on 14/03/12 (We) – 2 weeks
mustang390 applied on 20/03/12 (Tu) – 1 week
RajuT applied on 22/03/12 (Th) - 1 week

SET O JR
SET(O)ILR_JR applied on 15/09/11 (Th) - 27 weeks
susan1228 applied on 07/10/11 (Fr) - 25 weeks
cagedhorse applied on 14/10/11 (Fr) - 24 weeks
moraa applied on 14/10/11 (Fr) - 24 weeks
onlyifiknew applied on 14/10/11 (Fr) - 24 weeks
oct2011 applied on 20/10/11 (Th) - 23 weeks
saiprabu111 applied on 24/10/11 (Mo) - 23 weeks
hsmpjr2011 applied on 04/11/11 (Fr) - 21 weeks
VN applied applied on 11/11/11 (Fr) – 20 weeks
the_onebd applied on 14/11/11 (Mo) - 20 weeks
kalpulli applied on 22/11/11 (Tu) - 18 weeks
khan42 applied on 24/11/11 (Th) - 17 weeks
waitingandwaiting applied on 01/12/11 (Th) – 16 weeks
BRP applied on 16/01/12 (Mo) - 11 weeks
hsmp2010 applied on 30/01/12 (Mo) - 9 weeks
msimran1 applied on 18/01/12, docs reached 3/2/12 (Fr) - 8 weeks

Successful for w/c 03/01/2012 - rennie, p5004, luke79, lifeonhold, kollexy
Successful for w/c 09/01/2012 - uyi.controller, mollymaik, teddy61,nemo2011
Successful for w/c 16/01/2012- totallylegit, victorlcb, a-s, SETO25Oct2011, invicible27
Successful for w/c 23/01/2012- I-L-R-2011, bazzy_1, GSTodd, doubletrouble,abdul23
Successful for w/c 30/01/2012 - kamicool, ishareef17.
Successful for w/c 06/02/2012 - simbal, smz, albert11, Shuklap, 2011ILR-2012
Successful for w/c 13/02/2012 -liner2011,doggles, Ratish123, kayanii, Unfair
Successful for w/c 20/02/2012- mai12, rjn360,cuncfbrk, mazuv, Shuklac78
Successful for w/c 27/02/2012- Money123, superman555, Waiting2011, ruthmac, humtum76, Dondanell, jinky, pymapp, thiru123, Skymoon.
Successful for w/c 05/03/2012 - pirzadaz, amsidk, chrisrich, Paperclip101, gregos, septILR , zari83, polly_s, drsk, gid1818
Successful for w/c 12/03/2012 - spot, bob-russell, skywalka, Kumar81, boniface, gj6ab5657, gaku, ShahG, januaryilr
Successful for w/c 19/03/2012 - tyro520, Saleeem, SetMyasin, sdwaitingidr, Rithi, manishchaudhry, hiphop
Successful for w/c 26/03/2012 -
Successful for w/c 02/04/2012 - teluguabbayi
Last edited by VN on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

Rithi
Newly Registered

Received MP 's mail today

Post by Rithi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:42 am

I wrote one mail to my MP last 19th feb about speed up my application . she replied today. but i got my passport 28th march... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oct2011

Post by oct2011 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:43 am

Well said antgod. You've expressed my thought exactly. I believe we've paid our dues having lived here for 5 years as Tier 1 immigrants and paying a high rate of tax with "no recourse to benefits". We've earned the right to the ILR and the least they could do is provide an efficient service, especially for the kind of fees charged. And no status-tracking system??...are we not in the 21st century and in the UK? But I agree with susan1228 that spamming the UKBA with emails and letters might actually hinder rather than help. As susan1228 has pointed out, applicants who have very specific reasons for requesting an expedite may be ignored among the vast number of requests to the UKBA. I think we're already seeing that happen, as it did seem late last year and earlier this year they were responding favourably to expedite requests and now seem to be ignoring them. And it seems like recent emails to "settlementopspolicy" seem to be met with either a standard response (moraa) and even no response (VN). I think we should leave those avenues open to people with a real need. My suggestions would be to write a formal complaint using the compliants procedure (bob-russell has already done this), start a signed petition and possibly write to the media. I think however (I know this to be true in my case) that some people would be worried about possible retaliation from the UKBA. I'm not sure what the best course of action is but it seems unfair to just allow this to happen.

R&F

Silent reader till now

Post by R&F » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:24 am

Hi everyone, I am on the same boat as you.

I send my application SET (M) on the 20th of Feb 2012
Acknowledgement letter was dated on 22 of Feb same day they removed the money from my account.

Still Waiting.....

I had a question, has anybody's circumstances changed during the waiting period.

I have a friend who also applied and just got notice that she is part of those picked for a collective redundancy in her job. If she is made redundant, it would be araound 15 weeks since she sent the application. If she has not received her IRL than, should she notify HO immediately.

Thanks for your help.