ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Application Guidance Required

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Visa Application Guidance Required

Post by Abdulw87 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi all,

i would need to tell you a little history to get help you better answer my questions.

okay so i was studying in UK and overstayed for 24 days in 2010. i returned to my home country and applied for a visa next year. According to 320 7(B) i should have been granted a visa my my initial visa application got refused under the same section, i made an appeal and the decision was overturned (i was granted avisa), unfortunately for me by that time the university had stopped letting students join for that year, i told the uni my situation andthey issued my an extension on my studies.

Now i want to complete my last year of study and i am planning to apply this year again, i have three questions,
  • first of all, i would have to declare about my overstay and also mention that the decision got overturned but would that still make my case weak or would they treat it otherwise
  • Second, my financial condition have worsen over the past year, but my uncle (my father's real brother) is helping me with the finances, and he wants me to open a joint account with him rather me oppening a new account solely operated by me, what implications would that have on my visa appliction
  • third, last year i applied like in the beginning of september and under normal circumstances it was normal but i should have applied earlier (keeping enough time spare to make an appeal in case my application got rejected) but i didnt and lost a whole year due to that mistake, this i dont want to make the same mistake but i am not sure how early can i apply. isnt there minimum time period between applying and start of studies, some one told me it was a month or so, is that true or i can apply 3-4 months before my start of studies and they issue me a visa starting a week or two before my studies start
sorry for the long post :roll:

regards

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Ans1.) Yes, you need to declare everything. Write everything in relevant section/question with visa reference, and provide details in 'Additional Information' section which I think is Section 9.

Ans2.) You can only show money in your 'own' OR 'parents/legal guardian' bank account. So no uncle/aunty can help you regarding this.

Ans3.) You can apply 3 months before the course starting date.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:52 am

If you are a joint account holder with your uncle then you can rely on those funds. If the account is just in your uncles name you can't unless he is your legal guardian.

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulw87 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 pm

@deviser.......thanks for the info...appreciated

@greenie....thanks for the info....is it possible you can share a link regarding this because right i might have time to convince my uncle to create an account in my name only instead of opening a joint account in his and my name

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Abdulw87 wrote:@deviser.......thanks for the info...appreciated

@greenie....thanks for the info....is it possible you can share a link regarding this because right i might have time to convince my uncle to create an account in my name only instead of opening a joint account in his and my name
the money needs to be availalbe to you - will it be or not?

you don't need an account in your name only. A joint account is acceptable.

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulw87 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Greenie wrote:
Abdulw87 wrote:@deviser.......thanks for the info...appreciated

the money needs to be availalbe to you - will it be or not?

you don't need an account in your name only. A joint account is acceptable.
yes the money would be available to me........this means i shouldnt worry that the UKBA will raise objection on a joint account with my uncle.

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulw87 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:26 pm

one last thing, should i take precaution and try to secure more funds than the minimum requirement as it is a joint account.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:37 am

Not necessary.