ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension fees

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jsamad

Tier 1 General Extension fees

Post by jsamad » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi,
I applied for my Tier 1 general visa extension on 2nd April 2012 via Post and it reached the Durham office by 3rd April. Its been almost close to 3 weeks and I dont see the money being deducted from my account yet.
I had given my Credit Card details for Visa fees. Not sure what is the reason behind it. Has anyone else have come across any similar situation and what was the outcome. Any reply would help.

Thanks,
Samad

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 General Extension fees

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:36 pm

jsamad wrote:Hi,
I applied for my Tier 1 general visa extension on 2nd April 2012 via Post and it reached the Durham office by 3rd April. Its been almost close to 3 weeks and I dont see the money being deducted from my account yet.
I had given my Credit Card details for Visa fees. Not sure what is the reason behind it. Has anyone else have come across any similar situation and what was the outcome. Any reply would help.

Thanks,
Samad
Application is taking a lot of time to be processed due to sudden surge in the number of applications who applied to avoid the fee rise etc. Be patient, call you credit card every morning and ask if there is any transactions have been attempted on your card. Also, advise them by calling them 2-3 times that you are expecting the large payment to go through from your card so that they do not block it/reject it !!!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

jsamad

Post by jsamad » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 am

I still dont see the fees being deducted from my account yet, its almost close to 4 weeks now, Please let me know if anyone else have experiences anything similar. Though I understand that there might be lot of application might have reached UKBA, but I am bit worried as I have never seen anything like this before. Please let me know if anyone applied around 1st or 2nd April 2012 and still there application fees not getting deducted from there account.

Thanks,
Samad

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:04 am

jsamad wrote:I still dont see the fees being deducted from my account yet, its almost close to 4 weeks now, Please let me know if anyone else have experiences anything similar. Though I understand that there might be lot of application might have reached UKBA, but I am bit worried as I have never seen anything like this before. Please let me know if anyone applied around 1st or 2nd April 2012 and still there application fees not getting deducted from there account.

Thanks,
Samad
Hello Samad
Follow this thread and check timelines. There have been users who have applied on 31st march and their payment debited on 25th April. See link below
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=1060
Also it would be useful for you to also post your timelines to that thread

mp1254
Newly Registered

Post by mp1254 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:29 pm

I applied on 2nd of apr and my fees only got deducted yesterday.

jsamad

Post by jsamad » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:41 am

1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General) (Extension)
2. Date of expiry of current leave: 12 May 2012
3. Number of applicants: 2 Dependent
4. Date application posted: 02nd April 2012
5. Date application received at UKBA: 3rd April 2012
6. Date payment debited: 27th April 2012
7. Payment mode : Visa Credit Card
8. Acknowledgement letter received: Waiting
9. Biometric letter received: Waiting
10. Date of biometrics enrolment : Waiting
11. Date passport & documents received:Waiting
12. Date BRP received: Waiting

My Payment was taken just on Friday. Hope rest of the process get fastened. Since my Visa would expire in another 11 days and I dont see my visa getting process with in that time. What will be my current status.
And also god forbides if my Visa gets rejected what are the options do I have? Can I reapply with corrections?
And also Since I might get my Visa after my current visa expires and the start date on Visa starts only the day they stamp it, I am guessing there would be gap between the current leave and new extension date, will that be any issue for future extensions/ILR?