ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bump

Post by bump » Thu May 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Ame wrote:
R&F wrote:Hi everyone,
I got a job offer and obviously don't have any way of proving that I can work because they have my passport and I only have a copy of my expired visa and the acknowledgement letter from the HO.
So, I've referred them to use the employer checking service as I was told when I rang them.
Has anyone used this service, do you what type of reply you get?
I'm supposed to start my new job on the 7th of June, subject to availability to work in the UK. I am being made redundant from my current job, so if they don't give them posistive answer I would have no income.

Thanks,
R&F
I been in same situation got job offer bt coz didn't hve any evidence to proof that I'm eligible to work in Uk. When thy offered me job I told them on phone that I don't hve passport only thng I hve is acknowledge letter frm home office . Thy said bring it on induction day. Which I did with my p45 . Thy said wen u get ur passport just bring it . N then thy put me training till finish the day . Went next day worked 12pm thn manger called me in her office n told me that letter is not enough to proof that I'm eligible to wrk here . Thy said thy need to see passport with valid visa. N suspend me . N said if I get my passport with in couple of days thy will see if thy still hve job .thy didn't even pay me hours which I worked there.;( I asked them will I pay for one n half day . She said he will find out for me thn he disappeared n never came bk ;(

Anyway not received my passport yet . Its more then 2 months now .I was wondering wat s employers checking service ? I hvent heard it before ?
i was offered a good job. i had to keep them waiting till my ilr. now they are not replying to my emails. what employer would wait this long? now i put off applying for job because i cant bare loosing another like this.

Ame
Newly Registered

Post by Ame » Thu May 03, 2012 5:48 pm

R&F wrote:Hi Ame, that is just awful, I would kill them if they did that to me.
May-Marie, fingers crossed that you get it in time.
The HR Department contacted me agian today saying that they have sent the form to HO and if I could please provide them with a copy of my NI number.
I wonder how long the HO office takes to give them an answer, I do not want to go to work the first day just to be sent back home.
The starter package said to bring proof on the first day of work, but I just want to avoid what they did to Ame. Meanwhile I will be going to other interviews to buy time...you never know.

Thanks girls, for your posts, is good to relate to someone.
I wish I could kill them R&f lol but it is awful .
Wats employer checking service though?
How many u been waiting for ur passport?

speed120
Newly Registered

Post by speed120 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:14 pm

hi everyone ,

today i heard from the home office and its not a good news after all this waiting they could told me from first 4 or 5 months ,

i got letter stating that me and my wife have to attend an interview the end of this month , and also bring 2 years of documents which they already got , im not happy at all after all this time , does it sound good news or the bad s***y news ?

bump

Post by bump » Thu May 03, 2012 6:25 pm

speed120 wrote:hi everyone ,

today i heard from the home office and its not a good news after all this waiting they could told me from first 4 or 5 months ,

i got letter stating that me and my wife have to attend an interview the end of this month , and also bring 2 years of documents which they already got , im not happy at all after all this time , does it sound good news or the bad s***y news ?
sorry to hear that. may be they just want to see whether you are still together. i could be wrong. hopefully u will get the good news.

2ndclassC
Newly Registered

Just to drop more bad news. Sorry

Post by 2ndclassC » Thu May 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Sara2012
Newly Registered

Re: Just to drop more bad news. Sorry

Post by Sara2012 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:40 pm

So it's only when investors, entrepreneurs and other people bringing them real money, it's only when they complain that they take notice of it. I mean, how hard is it to find competent staff to check on documents and how hard is to sort the IT system?! Skills you can find anywhere. I personally believe they simply didn't find it important - it's only those foreigners who come here to take their jobs and their benefits, so they can wait. Having said that, maybe now that they realize that some of us foreigners actually bring them good money, they will do something about it or they will lose those investments. But our holidays, our ill members of family abroad, or our job opportunities, that's not something that bothers them. Or at least that's how it looks from the way they handled the complaints so far.

Sara2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sara2012 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:58 pm

They are obviously not convinced at all. I think you need to give them more documents and basically convince them about your wish to live here, your marriage (if you're SET M) and your ability to live on your hard work (of course). I actually think they might reject you if you don't make an extra effort and show some more evidence of your eligibility for the ILR. I am not sure what they want to see or hear, I think only you can know it, go through all the docs you sent, if you got copies of what you sent (I do) and if you still can't see what piece of puzzle is missing, talk to a solicitor. Just don't go there unprepared. They might suspect your marriage, or your finances or maybe you had some activities they didn't like. But you only know what it might be, if you don't then get a solicitor, my advice. Just be ready to answer any question! Good luck!

panda143
Newly Registered

Post by panda143 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Sara2012 wrote:
So it's only when investors, entrepreneurs and other people bringing them real money, it's only when they complain that they take notice of it. I mean, how hard is it to find competent staff to check on documents and how hard is to sort the IT system?! Skills you can find anywhere. I personally believe they simply didn't find it important - it's only those foreigners who come here to take their jobs and their benefits, so they can wait. Having said that, maybe now that they realize that some of us foreigners actually bring them good money, they will do something about it or they will lose those investments. But our holidays, our ill members of family abroad, or our job opportunities, that's not something that bothers them. Or at least that's how it looks from the way they handled the complaints so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17943589

Have you been affected by the system crash? Were you turned away from the Croydon office? Do you need a biometric visa or permit? You can get in touch with the BBC using the form below:

bump

Post by bump » Thu May 03, 2012 9:51 pm

panda143 wrote:
Sara2012 wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17943589

Have you been affected by the system crash? Were you turned away from the Croydon office? Do you need a biometric visa or permit? You can get in touch with the BBC using the form below:

Strike while the iron is hot people. please write a comment to this article. finally message is getting to the news.

aharar
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by aharar » Thu May 03, 2012 11:20 pm

haidder wrote:Congrats Ali, Could you please tell in which category you applied?
I applied in the Set(o) category

R&F

Post by R&F » Fri May 04, 2012 8:13 am

Ame wrote:
The HR Department contacted me agian today saying that they have sent the form to HO and if I could please provide them with a copy of my NI number.
I wonder how long the HO office takes to give them an answer, I do not want to go to work the first day just to be sent back home.
The starter package said to bring proof on the first day of work, but I just want to avoid what they did to Ame. Meanwhile I will be going to other interviews to buy time...you never know.

The Ho office gave this number: 0300 123 4699 so that the employer can make enquiries, so I put the number in search and a found a form they could fill out. It says that the form should be sent to Employerchecking@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Hopefully the answer they get from them is positive so that I can start the job in June.

Hope this helps

VHAN
Newly Registered

Post by VHAN » Fri May 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Today i called UKBA on 0870 and they informed my application is not completed yet and asked to wait untill HO contact's me.
Long wait i will be completing 6 monthes next week.............

haidder
Newly Registered

Post by haidder » Fri May 04, 2012 3:18 pm

I have called yesterday, they told me the same thing not completed. I did not understand what does not completed means because previously they use to say In progress. Not completed Is it not started yet?????

speed120
Newly Registered

Post by speed120 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Sara2012 wrote:

They are obviously not convinced at all. I think you need to give them more documents and basically convince them about your wish to live here, your marriage (if you're SET M) and your ability to live on your hard work (of course). I actually think they might reject you if you don't make an extra effort and show some more evidence of your eligibility for the ILR. I am not sure what they want to see or hear, I think only you can know it, go through all the docs you sent, if you got copies of what you sent (I do) and if you still can't see what piece of puzzle is missing, talk to a solicitor. Just don't go there unprepared. They might suspect your marriage, or your finances or maybe you had some activities they didn't like. But you only know what it might be, if you don't then get a solicitor, my advice. Just be ready to answer any question! Good luck!
hi there ,

igave them more than enough via solicitor also they waiter bluddy 9 months to tell me this , if they dont want me here give me my stuff back and i will be happy to go home , they only know how to take your money , me and my wife we been married for 5 years now , 2 years when i was in my country and 3 years now here in the uk , we been through hard time like everyone else its normal , so why they wanna see us i dont understand this they should write to my solicitor not me , i wont be happy if all this hassle they will give me an extension or refusal i just wanna finish with them for good no more applications . i learned my lesson . Any Pro advice what they want from me ?

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Fri May 04, 2012 8:20 pm

@ Speed120

Although am not a legal adviser but base on my understand about Marriage route to ILR , once you and your wife are invited to attend an interview is strictly Marriage Interview, and the purpose mainly in this case are when Paragraph 3.2 or 3.3 or 3.4 are suspected in your application then Paragraph 4.5 applies to you . Check the link below for clear understanding.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

So in my view that was why your application have been delayed so far. If you feel you and your wife can defend your relationship against any of this reason listed in these paragraph then you have nothing to worry about. But take as much as possible new document that you may have that shows your name or you wife name or both names in the same address( including junk letters) also recent family pictures and I hope things are fine between you and your wife before you made your application.

So as things stand is you and Home Office so forget about your Solicitor and your MP.
The determinant factor now is solely the outcome of the interview, and if successful you my get a decision that same day at their office.
nothing united in United Nation.

Ame
Newly Registered

Post by Ame » Fri May 04, 2012 9:03 pm

R&F wrote:
Ame wrote:

The Ho office gave this number: 0300 123 4699 so that the employer can make enquiries, so I put the number in search and a found a form they could fill out. It says that the form should be sent to Employerchecking@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Hopefully the answer they get from them is positive so that I can start the job in June.

Hope this helps
thanks R@F. hope i get my passport bk before i gt a job offer.
how long it been to u now ?

speed120
Newly Registered

Post by speed120 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:28 pm

sufferhead wrote:@ Speed120

Although am not a legal adviser but base on my understand about Marriage route to ILR , once you and your wife are invited to attend an interview is strictly Marriage Interview, and the purpose mainly in this case are when Paragraph 3.2 or 3.3 or 3.4 are suspected in your application then Paragraph 4.5 applies to you . Check the link below for clear understanding.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

So in my view that was why your application have been delayed so far. If you feel you and your wife can defend your relationship against any of this reason listed in these paragraph then you have nothing to worry about. But take as much as possible new document that you may have that shows your name or you wife name or both names in the same address( including junk letters) also recent family pictures and I hope things are fine between you and your wife before you made your application.

So as things stand is you and Home Office so forget about your Solicitor and your MP.
The determinant factor now is solely the outcome of the interview, and if successful you my get a decision that same day at their office.
thanks for the reply ,

the problem i have is im working in wales at the moment for short period and its ending the same day as my contract finish , only because i couldnt find the job where i was before in my sector . i dont want it to be againt me because im just trying to start with what im good doing and also what i love doing , i know is because we been on and off not because of the relationship , is because of external factors and it was best for us to chilll but we still together and still talk to each other and we want to live together for good in wales or back where i was before . what i dont understand is i know someone who beat his wife and he did put it in his application and guess what he got his visa in 5 weeks how does it work ?

Also i didnt change the address of anything because we still married together i go to see her every week end so we still together

Sara2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sara2012 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:25 pm

speed120 wrote: i know someone who beat his wife and he did put it in his application and guess what he got his visa in 5 weeks how does it work ?
It doesn't. I can't possibly see UK authority granting visa to someone breaking the law in such a way. And what a fool would say in their application that they are abusing their spouse?!
Anyways, if I knew someone who did that, I would make sure the police knew it too. Even if it meant they would lose that visa.

As I said, you are the only one who can know why they are not convinced and want to see you, and obviously you do. So good luck with it all, both marriage and visa.

2ndclassC
Newly Registered

Got it

Post by 2ndclassC » Sat May 05, 2012 6:40 am

Well guys after fighting in your cnr for months my ILR has arrived
Time line

Sent January 31/01/12
Got letter from home office 02/02/12
Passport stamped 12/04/12
Passport received 04/05/12 Liverpool

I sent a letter to my MP last month but I don't think this was any help. I wrote to watchdog and if I get called back asking about my experience I have your backs
Good luck everyone

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Sat May 05, 2012 6:40 am

@ Speed120

I as a person do not support Partners abusing eachother no matter what happened. In the case of the person you know that beat his wife and still got his ILR, as long as the wife didn't report the matter to UKBA and the relationship is still subsisting and the couple are permanently living together getting ILR is possible.

I don't know how you filled your form , what and what you wrote inside and what supportive document you provided and it seems you and your wife are not living together for certain reason but you have all your document coming to the same address while you spend the weekend with her , maybe this are what as come to light while UKBA have decided to interview you and your wife . Since you are still in relationship with your wife then worry no more.
If am right about the above then the interview question will be based on 2 key factors.
1. Subsisting Marriage
2. Intention of living together

So best of luck ......
nothing united in United Nation.

speed120
Newly Registered

Post by speed120 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:48 am

Sara2012 wrote:
speed120 wrote: i know someone who beat his wife and he did put it in his application and guess what he got his visa in 5 weeks how does it work ?
It doesn't. I can't possibly see UK authority granting visa to someone breaking the law in such a way. And what a fool would say in their application that they are abusing their spouse?!
Anyways, if I knew someone who did that, I would make sure the police knew it too. Even if it meant they would lose that visa.

As I said, you are the only one who can know why they are not convinced and want to see you, and obviously you do. So good luck with it all, both marriage and visa.
you really got a problem im trying to understand why they asked me to come , and trust me , the guy got the caution and he did put it in the application form , and he got the visa i know him better than you do , and if i knew why they called me i wont be here listning to you would i ? it will arrange me if you can stop with your comments or even reply to my posts , i need something to cheer me up not someone act like they work for them . ta

speed120
Newly Registered

Post by speed120 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:55 am

I as a person do not support Partners abusing eachother no matter what happened. In the case of the person you know that beat his wife and still got his ILR, as long as the wife didn't report the matter to UKBA and the relationship is still subsisting and the couple are permanently living together getting ILR is possible.

I don't know how you filled your form , what and what you wrote inside and what supportive document you provided and it seems you and your wife are not living together for certain reason but you have all your document coming to the same address while you spend the weekend with her , maybe this are what as come to light while UKBA have decided to interview you and your wife . Since you are still in relationship with your wife then worry no more.
If am right about the above then the interview question will be based on 2 key factors.
1. Subsisting Marriage

So best of luck ......
Thanks for the reply ,

the reason im in wales because i had enough working in places that they break the rules and abuse your rights in any way , we been married for 5 beautiful years , everyone got ups and downs but thats not the reason why they the HO wants an interview , i think is because im in wales im only here because i want to get experience in what i do best , its just find it difficult why it took them to much time , to be honest after all this time and all the docs i gave them and all this stress if they think im not genuin well just send me home and let the system abusers stay here .

ShortWait
Newly Registered

Re: Got it

Post by ShortWait » Sat May 05, 2012 9:06 am

2ndclassC wrote:Well guys after fighting in your cnr for months my ILR has arrived
Time line

Sent January 31/01/12

I sent a letter to my MP last month but I don't think this was any help. I wrote to watchdog and if I get called back asking about my experience I have your backs
Good luck everyone
Congrats! Which category did you apply in?

2ndclassC
Newly Registered

Re: Got it

Post by 2ndclassC » Sat May 05, 2012 9:13 am

ShortWait wrote:
2ndclassC wrote:Well guys after fighting in your cnr for months my ILR has arrived
Time line

Sent January 31/01/12

Good luck everyone
Congrats! Which category did you apply in?

Oh sorry set(O) coming of 5 years ancestry

Susan1228

Post by Susan1228 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:16 am

speed120 wrote:

I don't know how you filled your form , what and what you wrote inside and what supportive document you provided and it seems you and your wife are not living together for certain reason but you have all your document coming to the same address while you spend the weekend with her , maybe this are what as come to light while UKBA have decided to interview you and your wife . Since you are still in relationship with your wife then worry no more

1. Subsisting Marriage

So best of luck ......
Thanks for the reply ,

the reason im in wales because i had enough working in places that they
break the rules and abuse your rights in any way , we been married for 5 beautiful years , everyone got ups and downs but thats not the reason why
they the HO wants an interview , i think is because im in wales im only here because i want to get experience in what i do best , its just find it difficult why it took them to much time , to be honest after all this time and all the
docs i gave them and all this stress if they think im not genuin well just send me home and let the system abusers stay here .
Hi, Speed120,
I am sorry to hear of your story, don't give up easily.
Please try to contact with guka, she applied for set (M) Ilr and had an
interview with HO at the end of March 2012, finally she got Ilr. Your case possibly is different from her case, however at least you can get some first class information. I think you will be ok. Good luck!
Last edited by Susan1228 on Sat May 05, 2012 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.