ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) extension applications - PEO Experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

longshift

Tier 1 (General) extension applications - PEO Experiences

Post by longshift » Wed May 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Friends,

I am starting this thread hoping all the new and old members who applied for their Tier 1 General Extensions via. PEO can give us their valuable inputs. This will give us an idea on 1 very important aspect of PEO applications, i.e. Dates of the new visa.

Please do start your PEO experience with this details and carry on your experience below it.

1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 :
2. Date of PEO Appointment :
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) :
4. Date of expiry of the new visa :
5. Payment mode :
6. Name of PEO Applied :

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

Please note that this is only for people who got their decisions taken on the same day at PEO. For IT related issues use this thread to share your experience and timelines.

Also, Please don't ask questions on this thread as its purely to share PEO experiences. If you have any questions regarding a particular experience please send a Personal Message to the Original Poster.
Last edited by longshift on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

go4anant
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General PEO Experiences

Post by go4anant » Thu May 10, 2012 12:14 pm

1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : Tier 1
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 5 April 2012
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 1 June 2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 1 June 2015
5. Payment mode : Bankers Draft

PEO in Croydon; decision taken in 2 hours;

for more details on my experience please see my post -

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#622690

I received BRP after a week

tier1HS
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 General PEO Experiences

Post by tier1HS » Thu May 10, 2012 1:22 pm

2. Date of PEO Appointment : 27 March 2012
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 16 June 2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 27 March 2014
5. Payment mode : Credit Card
6. PEO: Liverpool

Decision taken in 2 hours, BRP sent in 5 days

jaseerabubakar
Newly Registered

Post by jaseerabubakar » Thu May 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Looking at the two posts...

tier1HS applied 2 months and 19 days before the expiry of current visa and got the next visa valid from the date of application for extension

go4anant applied 1 month and 25 days before the expiry of current visa and got the next visa valid from the expiry of the current visa

Is there a definite criteria for this. I read somewhere that this was within 3 months. But this doesnt seem to be the case, since tier1HS despite being in the 3 month period got it only from the date of the application.

Is this decision arbitrary or has it to do with the different PEOs ?

Jaseer

bond

Post by bond » Thu May 10, 2012 1:41 pm

2nd extenion
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 9 May 2012
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 03 july 2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : was told it will be 03/07/20114
5. Payment mode : Debit card

PEO in Solihull; decision taken in 2 hours;

Told that BPR will be sent in 7 working days

go4anant
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General PEO Experiences

Post by go4anant » Thu May 10, 2012 2:16 pm

[quote="jaseerabubakar"]Looking at the two posts...

tier1HS applied 2 months and 19 days before the expiry of current visa and got the next visa [u]valid from the date of application for extension[/u]

go4anant applied 1 month and 25 days before the expiry of current visa and got the next visa [u]valid from the expiry of the current visa[/u]

Is there a definite criteria for this. I read somewhere that this was within 3 months. But this doesnt seem to be the case, since tier1HS despite being in the 3 month period got it only from the date of the application.

Is this decision arbitrary or has it to do with the different PEOs ?

Jaseer[/quote]

I think this depends on CW; I have heard of people in same PEO getting from date of appl and date of expiry for different CW.

longshift

Post by longshift » Thu May 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Friends,

Thanks for all your inputs so far. All the old Members who have their extension done Via PEO please submit us your details. You can just copy the link of your thread here so for all the people looking for PEO experiences can look at 1 place.

Thanks again.

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:34 am

I second that this is completely based on case worker and the office you are applying. I Applied five months in advance and still got the visa from the date of expiry.

1st extenion
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 17 Feb 2012
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 12 july 2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 12-07-2015.
Payment mode : Debit card

For details on the experience see below :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

pallavi24
Newly Registered

Post by pallavi24 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:10 am

Current Visa Type: Tier 1 General+ 1 Dependent
Visa Expiry: 15 June , 2012
PEO Appointment- 10 May , 2012- Sheffield
Decission taken in 2hrs
BRP Received: 14 May, 2012
Visa Valid until- 15 June , 2012

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:02 am

1st extension
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 8th May 2012
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 1st june 2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 01-06-2014.
Payment mode : Credit card

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:32 pm

[quote="longshift"][quote="pallavi24"]Current Visa Type: Tier 1 General+ 1 Dependent
Visa Expiry: 15 June , 2012
PEO Appointment- 10 May , 2012- Sheffield
Decission taken in 2hrs
BRP Received: 14 May, 2012
Visa Valid until- 15 June , 2012[/quote]

Congratulations mate. Just 1 question. Your visa should be valid till 2014 right?

And to all others, this is another classic example of visa granted for full 5 years even when the extension application was submitted 1 month and 5 days in advance. This is brilliant.[/quote]

I guess this is the usual as 1 month is the recommended time gap for applications before the actual expiry of one's visa. I think they only give it from the date of issue if it is a lot more than that, say, 2-3 months.

sraj
Newly Registered

Post by sraj » Fri May 18, 2012 8:50 am

. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : Tier 1
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 30/04/12 (Monday)
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 14/05/12
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 14/05/14
5. Payment mode : CC
6. Name of PEO Applied : Croyden

Decision made in 30 minutes, received BRP in 3 days.

Newly Registered

Post by 42875 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:58 am

2. Date of PEO Appointment : 14 May 2012
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : September 2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 20 September 2015
5. Payment mode : CC
6. Name of PEO Applied : Croydon

Took a week for the decision
Last edited by 42875 on Tue May 22, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rajaninanu

Post by rajaninanu » Sat May 19, 2012 9:59 am

2. Date of PEO Appointment : 17th May 2012
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 2nd June 2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 2nd June 2015(That is what the caseworker told me)
5. Payment mode :Credit card

I was employed as well as self employed

jaddy
Newly Registered

Post by jaddy » Sun May 20, 2012 3:37 pm

1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : Tier1
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 11th May, 2012. Friday 08:45AM
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 26thMay, 2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 26-05-2015
5. Payment mode : Debit Card
6. Name of PEO Applied : PEO Croydon

Decision taken in approximately 2 hrs. I went through an immigration consultant only for the reason that he secured me a PEO appointment. Anyways I was given a letter that your application is approved and BRP will be posted in a weeks time, but I got my BRP in three days only.

rkniu1981
Newly Registered

Croydon PEO - May 18th experience

Post by rkniu1981 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Hello all,
Sorry for late response.
This forum has been very helpful in understanding the application process for my tier 1 extn. Thanks everyone.

1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : Tier 1 General
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 18 May
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 01/07/2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 01/07/2014
5. Payment mode : Debit card

My appt was at 10:15 AM. All the payment/application checks/biometrics were done by 11:30 AM. Around 2PM I was called by a caseworker to review my application. Gave all the documents and it took about an hour to process it and to give the approval letter. The caseworker told me it will take about 30-40 mins for app review. I had a seat near the counter and there were couple of instances where CW had queries and I answered them. So, staying infront of counter helped.

Only thing was I claimed expenses for 11/04/11 to 06/04/12, which is like exactly 52 weeks. The caseworker told me you cannot claim from April last year to April this year, and told me not to worry as I have enough points to qualify. I got only few secs to explain him that it is still within 12 month period (52 weeks) if you look by weekly, he understood that, but I dont know I did not want to argue about that, as he said it should be fine. For earnings I got 5 points less, I believe he considered earnings from 11/04/11 to 31/03/12. Maybe he already took decision before he talked about this to me. I took copies of payslips and bank statements, which I gave it to him when asked. This could save time for them.

The caseworker was good, and overall experience was also good and I have not heard of any IT issues when i was there.

Good luck to all who will be applying soon. Cheers !!

longshift

Post by longshift » Wed May 30, 2012 7:12 pm

mhkhan wrote:Just wanted to let all hopefuls know that I had to spend the entire day of close to seven hours with my wife and two kids on May 29 at Croydon. Delays were due to incorrect reading of my wife's biometrics the first time and slow "computer system". Had to retake the biometrics just for her after were informed about this three hours later.

Staff was generally polite and patience. Queries from the Customer Service counter gave us some hope at the time we were losing all hope and update on biometrics as the day was passing by. Found out that once we give our biometrics, the results are forwarded online to the central authority which gives a go ahead to the staff at UKBA to proceed with the application. This approval, like in my case, could take hours.

At the end of the day, got the letter of approval which was worth the wait.

I provided earnings of part-time from four employers. Good organisation of my documents proved useful. I did get advice from this forum. I did not take any photocopies but the case work did ask for it to save time. It was 6 pm and she was the only one left at the office along with her supervisor.

Just a word of caution, while submitting documents, the case worker could ask some questions regarding your immigration history which at least I was not expecting. I stood corrected regarding my work and travel as a student in the UK ten years ago. These were just basic checks when my details came up on the case worker's screen.

When I was watching the case worker from the waiting area going through my documents before informing me about the decision, wished I could tape her as thats what keeps us all awake at night.

Wish everyone the best.
congrates mate

longshift

Post by longshift » Wed May 30, 2012 7:21 pm

pkumar wrote:Hi,

Came on HSMP in 2008.
1st Extension: 2010 valid till 2013.

On the day

- Ground floor - checked the document .. send to First floor for payment.
- Payment made ... told to wait for ticket to be called.
- Ticket called by gentleman of indian origin ... he checked the document and sent me to Biometeric.
- Biometric done in 10 mins.
- told to wait for the ticket to be called.
- finally a case worker called.
- he was of african origin .... nice chap.
- told me if i was employed .. i said yes ... he said great .... told me if i have sheet with salary breakup and xerox .. said NO for both ...
he took 20 mins and told me he is approving it ....

Interesting Fact
- my visa is till July 2013 ... and i told him that i am expecting 3 years of extension .. never mind if it is from today .... he said "I think i can give only 2 years" ... "I said since i am on 2+3 . all my extension should be 3 years?" ... he went to senior and came back saying he can give only 2 years and that too from today ... he told me not to worry and that 2 years will give me 6 years in total and i have enough buffer needed ... He said his senior caseworker told him there is no such rule that extension period should be same for all extensions .. finally I gave up and said fine.

So it COMPLETELY depends on case worker ... I was observing case worker who do things in there own way and have own priority on what they want to see .. e.g. my case worker said he don't want P60 ... he is fine with bank statements and payslips .....
Keeping all experiences at one place.... This will give an idea to all, about Tier 1 Peo Experiences.....

longshift

PEO Experience 06/6/12

Post by longshift » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:06 pm

mannat wrote:Hi All,

Thank you very much for all your guidance seniors! It had been of great help.

Here is my experience:-

had my appointment today at 08:00AM, and here's my experience.

07:15: Reached Lunar house
07:30: Gate Opens
07:40: Completed security check
07:50: Officer on ground floor validated application form to check if the correct form was used and issued ticket number and instructed to make payment in 1st floor
08:00: Payment made on the first floor and waiting to be called.
08:15: Bio metrics taken

Now system goes slow and worst part is they dont even bother to make an announcement or anything and leave you in a dark room. when we ask them they get irritated and reply you shall be called when the bio metrics result come out.

Please note: please do not panic as Case workers are not assigned until Bio metrics result are been given to the senior Case worker. After this the case is assigned to a case worker for further application and documentation collection.

13:10: Called by case worker.She asked for token slip, payment receipt, passport, application form and photographs.

13:30: Called me to the counter to ask if I am employed or self employed. I was very well prepared and sorted with documementation with help of memeber on the forum. But i explained it all again. she was sort of confused, dont know why exactly. she consulted a senior and then was looking a bit satisfied. I knew what i am submitting is exactly as per UKBA Requirements and should not cause them trouble in any case.

15:20: After a long wait my ticket number was called and given the good news with the MAGIC WORD@ APPROVED :)

15:30: FREE for 3 years

A piece of advice for anyone going for PEO at Croydon, TRY HAVING AN EARLY MORNING APPOINTMENT

FYI:-
I was Tier 1 general visa exp : 02/7/12 now got 3yrs extn 02/7/15.
Employed plus self employed earnings.

I thank everyone for your kind help again

Regards

mannat
Newly Registered

Post by mannat » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:37 pm

2. Date of PEO Appointment : 6 June 012
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 2 Jul 2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 2 Jul 2015
5. Payment mode : Bankers Draft
6. PEO: Croydon

Visa Issue in 7 Hours due to systems running slow

For further info please see my post on:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=104962

me786

My timelines for Tier 1 extension

Post by me786 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:02 pm

My timelines for Tier 1 extension as below :

1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : Tier 1 General
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 30 May
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 10/09/2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 30/05/2015
5. Payment mode : Debit card (HSBC)
6. Name of PEO Applied : Glasgow
7. BRP received on : 01-06-2012 (Through DX secure delivery)

Some of the highlights of my application :-

1> Use all overseas earnings for the extension.
2> Included a cover letter to explain why i am applying early but was still given an extension from the date of application.
3> The approval was given in about just 2 hours.
4> There were some mistakes in the approval letter which i had to get corrected, so my advise is to check the approval letter thoroughly when you get it.
5> Used a Hsbc debit card and never had to call the bank. The payment was taken without any issues.
6> Current visa vignette on passport was stamped as superseded by BRP permit.

longshift

wonderful experience on 08/06/2012 at PEO Croydon

Post by longshift » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:30 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:Hi All,

Thank you very much for all of you.

Here is my experience:-

had my appointment today at 10:05AM, and here's my experience.

09:15: Reached Lunar house
09:30: Security man allowed inside the building
09:35 Completed security check
09:41: Officer on ground floor validated application form to check if the correct form was used and issued ticket number and instructed to make payment in 1st floor
10:10: Payment made on the first floor and waiting to be called on the same floor.
10:15: Another officer called my ticket number and checked forms and scanned photos than directed to the 2nd floor for BIOMAC.

10:45: BIOMAC officer called my number and took time 15 mins because we were two me and my wife, after finished I asked him how long time to be called by case worker he said atleast 30 mins I have to wait.

10:58: very very strange for us as we left BIOMAC room our ticket been called within 2 minutes after given BIOMAC. She asked me to give forms passports and supporting documents. she also asked me employed or self employed i told her only employee she was happy and asked me photo copies and I provided all copies to her.

Supporting documents provided;

Two types of evidence of earning:

1- 12 months bank statements (last one print from net and stamped form TSB bank as not received because of bank holidays)

2- Employer letter with 12 months breakdown salary

I did not provide anything for education as provided in initial application even she did not ask for them.

She said please come after 1;30 to 2;00 hours between as we were two my dependent as well. later we had some thing to eat and were sitting in front of her as in case she asked for any thing.

13:15: Called by case worker.She said that your leave to remain application has been approved. she gave me a paper to check details for BIO MAC card me and my wife checked all details were ok...

13:25: FREE for 3 years and left building. all staffs were very kindly and co-operated and polite as well.

I thank everyone for your kind help again

Regards :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I PRAY FOR EVERYONE
KASHIF
KASHIF830 wrote:to longshit

thanks mate

sorry for late reply as I just received my and my wife BRP card today around 13:00 the issue date is 8 June 2012 as we had appointment of this that and expiry date is 16 June 2015. and my previous visa expiring on 16 June 2012, so they given us complete 3 years...

thanks
kashif

longshift

12th June - Fantastic experience at Belfast PEO!!

Post by longshift » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:33 pm

layman wrote:Dear forum members,

I had been to the Belfast PEO today(12th June) for my Tier 1 General extension application and had a very good experience.

My appointment was at 11 AM, single applicant. Arrived @ 10:30 and was let in after security checks. Mobile, keys, stapler were taken off and kept in a numbered plastic folder. Security asked me to wait in the reception area to be called for allocating a ticket number. Apart from the staff, hardly couple of souls were present in the PEO.

In 15 minutes, was allocated a ticket number. At @ 11 AM, was called to a window to submit the application form + supporting documents and was asked to wait.

In another 15 minutes, was called to inform that the documentation is in order(for a valid application) and was asked to make the payment. The lady said that she would need to take photocopies of all the documents and I offered her my set of photocopies which she was quite happy to take.

Payed by HSBC credit card(Mastercard). Payment went through without any issues. I had called the bank yesterday to inform about the big transaction, the agent told that as long the transaction is within the credit limit, it should not be declined and if there is any problem I could call the bank.

After 5 minutes, all the original documents, except the passport, were returned to me.

Was called for BRP in another 5 minutes.I asked the lady at the desk if the BRP system was functioning well. She said the system itself was Ok but was taking time to get back the results of all the checks that were performed on the internal systems after fingerprints/photograph were taken.

After another 5 minutes at @ 11:30 AM, was called by the case worker(a different lady than who took and validated the completeness of the documents). I thought that she had some queries on the documents since it was hardly 30 minutes after I had submitted them. Imagine my surprise when the Irish beauty said that everything is in order, my extension has been approved and handed over my passport to me!:D

She mentioned that she cannot physically give the approval letter immediately since the biometric results were not back due to systems being bit slow. She said the results would hopefully be back in the afternoon, the approval letter will be posted to me in the evening and that there was no point in me waiting there.

Chatted with another applicant for a while and was ready to leave when I remembered that I needed a reference number since I had to send my dependants applications by post in a day or two. Went back to the window to ask for it. The lady checked with the caseworker and told that the reference number will be available only when the results are back and the approval letter is printed. She said she will phone me once the reference number was available, hopefully by today evening.

Collected my belongings from the security desk and left the PEO at 11:40 AM; could not even finish 10 pages of the novel that I had carried with me in anticipation of atleast a couple hours wait - and I am fast reader :wink:

All in all, a fantastic experience at the Belfast PEO. Very cordial, courteous and professional staff!

Some additional details:

Single applicant, employed - had submitted salary slips and 12 months original bank statements + earning letters from 2 employers(additional documents). I had mentioned degree certificate in the application but forgot to give it, was never asked about it.

When the documents were handed back to me, I noticed that the employer letters were at the top, then the bank statements and the pay slips(corresponding to the employer letters) were relegated towards the end of the bunch. My guess is that it must have been easier for the caseworker to look at a single letter containing the earning figures(gross and net) instead of going through multiple payslips.

I have 3 dependants for whom I would be applying by post - to save money, ofcourse. I had taken the PEO route to take any anxiety out of the process + I would have the reference number for the dependant application + the dependant application will pass through (hopefully) quickly since the main application would already have been decided. Worst case, even if the decision was not made immediately at the PEO and no reference number was available, in any case the main application would have been decided before the dependants postal applications came for consideration.

Added later: Due to change in my employment last year, I had quite some tax overdue for FY 11-12 (Had to fill P46 since P45 not recd soon enough from previous employer). I had filed online tax return which states that I have time till 31-Jan-2013 to make the actual payment. I did not make the payment before this application due to maintenance fund requirements.

Will update the PEO experiences thread with timelines once I receive the approval letter and BRP.

This is a great forum. Thanks to the forum members and moderators for their guidance.

Cheers!

culcbs
Newly Registered

Post by culcbs » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:50 pm

2. Date of PEO Appointment : 6 June 2012
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 20 July 2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 20 July 2015
5. Payment mode : Debit Card

Decision made same day, after 4pm!

BRP card received 12 June 2012, should've received 11 June 2012, but courier didn't even bother delivering (Dx secure), they didn't have contact details for me, so a word of advice - if you call dx secure and ask them if they have anything for you to deliver, make sure that they have your phone number, as for my delivery UKBA didn't give it to them.

layman

Post by layman » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm

1. Current vignette : Tier 1 General
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 12 June 2012
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 17/06/2012
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 12/06/2015 (had thought this would be 17/06/15, but doesn't matter)
5. Payment mode : Credit card (HSBC)
6. Name of PEO Applied : Belfast
7. BRP received on : 15-06-2012
8. Verbally approved on 12th June and documents returned immediately, approval letter received on 15th June (separate from BRP)