ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

permanent residence and marriage with a non eea member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ngueda2009

permanent residence and marriage with a non eea member

Post by ngueda2009 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:18 pm

hi guys,
i am asking this question on behalf of a friend who is an eea citizen . he has been in this country since 2004 and working from 2004 till 2010 when he lost his job he has pretty much been on benefit since then .
his questions are :
he want to get married to a non eea citizen what will her status be after the marriage ?
is she entitled to residence card since he is not working.
just to say that she is on student visa at the moment.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: permanent residence and marriage with a non eea member

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:27 pm

ngueda2009 wrote:hi guys,
i am asking this question on behalf of a friend who is an eea citizen . he has been in this country since 2004 and working from 2004 till 2010 when he lost his job he has pretty much been on benefit since then .
his questions are :
he want to get married to a non eea citizen what will her status be after the marriage ? Spouse of an EEA national.
is she entitled to residence card since he is not working. Yes, if either he is seeking work, is a person who is still considered to be a worker or if he has PR
just to say that she is on student visa at the moment. Not relevant
See above

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:28 pm

ngueda2009 wrote:...working from 2004 till 2010...
On the face of it he may have achieved PR.

What's his nationality that maybe important?

ngueda2009

Post by ngueda2009 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:32 pm

thanks for the reply just to make sure i got it right because he has pr already the fact that he is not working at the moment would not affect her chance of having a residence card
thank you once more

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:34 pm

ngueda2009 wrote:thanks for the reply just to make sure i got it right because he has pr already the fact that he is not working at the moment would not affect her chance of having a residence card
thank you once more
Ok, if he has the PR already, then he'll be fine.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:49 pm

a bit of misunderstanding between you twos. I doubt he has PR confirmed on paper, so first of all he'd need that to make life easier. Once he gets that document certifying permanent residence on form EEA3, then in accordance with Regulation 14(2) of the 2006 Regs, his wife can stay here...forever.

She'd apply on form EEA2 etc.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:54 pm

mcovet wrote:I doubt he has PR confirmed on paper
I assumed he had, but maybe I misunderstood. So to be clear, if he has then he can use that. If not, he should apply to make his life easy.