ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Country for the Place of Birth on BRP card.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

linkin

Country for the Place of Birth on BRP card.

Post by linkin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 am

Hi All,

Is it ok to have the name of the Country of Birth for "Place of Birth", on the BRP card ? This is the case with my dependant.

Sould / could this be considered an error ? To my knowledge, Place of Birth is the City or the Town of birth. And, obviously this does not match with the "Place of Birth" on the Passport.

Please advise, bit urgent.

Many thanks in advance.

manojk005

Re: Country for the Place of Birth on BRP card.

Post by manojk005 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:07 am

linkin wrote:Hi All,

Is it ok to have the name of the Country of Birth for "Place of Birth", on the BRP card ? This is the case with my dependant.

Sould / could this be considered an error ? To my knowledge, Place of Birth is the City or the Town of birth. And, obviously this does not match with the "Place of Birth" on the Passport.

Many thanks in advance.
It is better to contact them and get this corrected. It should match with that of passport.

linkin

Post by linkin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:36 pm

manojk005 wrote:

Many thanks in advance.
It is better to contact them and get this corrected. It should match with that of passport.
Thanks, manojk005. That seems the right thing to do.

Would anyone know what's the estimated turnaround time for such correction requests ?

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:01 pm

linkin wrote:
manojk005 wrote:

Many thanks in advance.

Would anyone know what's the estimated turnaround time for such correction requests ?
The place of birth should always match your passport and it should be city or town.

e.g Mumbai

Yes, 10 working days you receive your new BRP on receipt of your old BRP received by the BRP team unit in Bristol

linkin

Post by linkin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:14 pm

adityak77 wrote:
linkin wrote:
manojk005 wrote:

Many thanks in advance.

The place of birth should always match your passport and it should be city or town.

e.g Mumbai

Yes, 10 working days you receive your new BRP on receipt of your old BRP received by the BRP team unit in Bristol
Thanks a lot, adityak77. Really appreciate.