ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:28 pm

@balaji
You have to make two separate applications : one for your wife and the other for your child. Each application will be clearly mentioned as spouse dependent and child dependent. So you cannot make one application for both.

Regards
sk2912

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks sk2912.

Yes, my wife also applied for UK NARIC certificate when she was in UK and hence we can apply the original degree certificate + NARIC for her visa.

How did you presented the original documents as we cannot have two original sets for both the dependents, right??

Also, can you let me know the average balance amount to be maintained in the UK accounts as there are no specific amount mentioned in the website which I'm bit worried off??
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:59 pm

@swan87
I am very sorry to hear this.
I really donno why they are taking so much time just to tell this

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:03 pm

BALAJI_UK wrote:Thanks sk2912.

Yes, my wife also applied for UK NARIC certificate when she was in UK and hence we can apply the original degree certificate + NARIC for her visa.

How did you presented the original documents as we cannot have two original sets for both the dependents, right??

Also, can you let me know the average balance amount to be maintained in the UK accounts as there are no specific amount mentioned in the website which I'm bit worried off??
One set of originals is enough . VFS puts both the application form in one bag with one set of documents .
About maintenance, it is a confusion.. I can give you a clear picture only when I receive my visa .... I think people who have got it can help u in this regard

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:51 pm

@swan87
That's not a good news after so much wait..

I guess, you shouldn't be having any issue in travelling to UK with visitor visa. But it's worth the wait to get a clear picture from moderators for this query.
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

ant06

Post by ant06 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:51 pm

@lucy kindly pl advice me if i can take the chest xray for tuberculosis from any health clinic...or any specific ones.....
is there any other health certificates to be provided......
once u get the visa stamped within how many days u have to enter UK

@balaji

It is advisable to put 2 applications for mother and dependent (less than 5 year old) and even if u get 2 appointments , insert the child's application during the mother's timing.....

i did'nt want to take a risk for IELTS and gave the exam

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:59 pm

@sk2912

Got your point...

Based on this, I've got a query, can I apply the settlement visa only for my new born son in India (it will save good amount of time, I guess) and apply for my wife once she is in UK as the FLR(M) visa is valid till October 2013..

Let's wait for maintenance funds confirmation from those who already got the visa..

sraz

visa

Post by sraz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:15 pm

@swan87 Very sorry to know this...I know how much it hurts......

sraz

visa

Post by sraz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:19 pm

@maroonedsoul, zeezee and all others -Thank U All...We are discussing all that matters with the solicitors and will opt a better option soon.....Need all your support..

swan87
Newly Registered

Post by swan87 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Hey sraz,i have sent you a pm,check it.

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:44 pm

@swan87

So sorry to hear the news. Yet again, their timings are way off! I have no words to express how angry I feel.

Getting more and more anxious as the days are nearing!

Wish you all the best with your appeal process!

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:50 pm

@ant,

u can take the x-ray frm any clinic...

nothing specific...
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:35 pm

@swan,

have a look at this one:

Do you hold an acceptable degree taught in English?
To demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement, your degree must:

be recognised by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the UK (UK NARIC) as being equivalent to at least a UK bachelor's degree; and
have been taught in English to a standard comparable to that of level C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
If your degree was taken in one of these countries, we will assume that it was taught in English:

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
the Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Dominica
Grenada
Guyana
Ireland
Jamaica
New Zealand
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
the UK
the USA
Please note that Canada is not on this list.

We will assess your degree using our points-based calculator, which contains information from UK NARIC. You will meet the English language requirement if the calculator confirms that your degree:

is at or above the level of a UK bachelor's degree; and
was taught to a competent standard of English equivalent to level C1 on the CEFR.
If the points-based calculator cannot confirm these details, you will not meet the requirement.

You can use the points-based calculator, which you can find on the right side of this page, to check your degree before you apply. If you cannot find details of your degree on the calculator, UK NARIC will not be able to verify whether you meet the English language requirement. In that case, you should present an alternative qualification or select another way of showing that you meet the English language requirement.

REFERENCE: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... hlanguage/
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Re: visa

Post by pazpatel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:45 am

sraz wrote:Hii All, Thank U for all your support.It really means a lot to me in this difficult situation.Then about the next step, we are planning to re-apply.Eventhough we feel that they will overturn the decision during appeal, we cant say anything about the time duration.Appealing can take even 6-9 months.But if we are lucky, we will get a good decision with 1 or 2 months.But we are not willing to take risk. So solicitor also says we can go for re-applying.But as maroonedsoul said I have to wait 5 years or so to get a PR if Iam re-applying (new law from july 9 onwards) .Isn't it.So pls need all your suggestions.Then his location he is from London(Surrey).Contacting MP, how to do that?Then about bank fund, eventhough ukba has not mentioned about that in our refusal letter..iam worried...we had a reasonable amount in his account..is that not sufficient?What should be the required bank fund?Pls need ur suggestions...Thanks in advance for all
Where in Surrey does he live? I also live in Surrey / Middlesex border and my MP is Vince Cable who is very good.
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:58 am

Hey all, especially those who applied from Hyderabad.

I called VFS and the latest processing time is 72 days! That's an extra three weeks! Who knows if they are going to extend it for longer?

I am tired of waiting!

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:11 am

maroonedsoul wrote:Hey all, especially those who applied from Hyderabad.

I called VFS and the latest processing time is 72 days! That's an extra three weeks! Who knows if they are going to extend it for longer?

I am tired of waiting!
That is so horrible 72 Days is long i m on my 63rd day today it means another two weeks.!!!
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:28 am

wAliMeer wrote:

I am tired of waiting!
That is so horrible 72 Days is long i m on my 63rd day today it means another two weeks.!!!
Until you hear back, I have no hopes of hearing back from them. My husband and I sent an email to his MP. Let's see if she can help by just poking a bit? I felt it couldn't get much worse by doing that.

All the best to us!

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:36 am

72 days OR MORE! ARGHHHHHhh

wAliMeer wrote:

I am tired of waiting!

abt2710
Newly Registered

settlement visa

Post by abt2710 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 am

Cochin vfs also amended the current processing time to 72 working day's .

In my case today is the 71 working day . Still no information.

zeezeezee

Sheer annoyance @ UKBA

Post by zeezeezee » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:33 am

:roll: Had to edit this mps email had a disclaimer of not to copy it lol
Last edited by zeezeezee on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abt2710
Newly Registered

settlement visa

Post by abt2710 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:03 am

Cochin vfs also amended the current processing time to 72 working day's .

In my case today is the 71 working day . Still no information.

maroonedsoul

Re: Sheer annoyance @ UKBA

Post by maroonedsoul » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:20 am

zeezeezee wrote:Hi Marooned soul-

It may get worse-when i asked MP for help. No fault of hers but the UKBA made up a pack of lies saying a cheque got lost - not sure what cheque as he paid by CASH and then also said some sponsor details were missing- not sure what details because it seems they have got it back and are processing my application but restarting it from 5th of June and husband applied on 12th April (WaliMeer- hes on the forum)- either way their incompetency is not my problem and it just really is FRUSTRATING.

I am hoping that one call from my MP helped but not too sure, if they even care at all if they are prepared to make up lies. I e-mailed my mp to say those were blatent lies and illogical reasons but she has not got back to me i say not much she can do as its still within the processing period 3-6 months. And i can just imagine some dude just purposely taking a file out and saying it was not there because of being irritated by another MP call. And how would we be able to prove it was there- What a flawed system the VFS should check through everything write a proper receipt with everthing we have submitted then send the stuff!

Please see her reply:

Thank you for returning the form so promptly. I have made a quick enquiry with the UKBA over the phone. The last time the application was looked at was 5 June 2012 when it was discovered the application cheque and the sponsor’s details were missing. According to the UKBA this has caused a delay on the application. Although most Spouse visas are decided within 3-6months the delay over your application has meant that the time limit restarted once all the necessary information was added to the application. At present the UKBA are still within the time limit on the decision.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have not had any news after the Olympics Ms Crouch can make fresh enquiries on the progress of the application but for now the application is still in time.

Yours sincerely

This is what happened i got more annoyed

maroonedsoul wrote:
wAliMeer wrote:

I am tired of waiting!
Until you hear back, I have no hopes of hearing back from them. My husband and I sent an email to his MP. Let's see if she can help by just poking a bit? I felt it couldn't get much worse by doing that.

All the best to us!
Hi zeezee,

Thank you for the reply. That must be infuriating. It is utter nonsense for them to give such false responses and fake delays. I am thinking that UKBA don't give a care to MP's support. I just thought I would regret it later if I didn't try that option and how worse could it go than what it already is? Either way, although I am pretty sure we submitted everything that they possibly could want, I am just preparing for the worst case scenario of having to do an appeal.

Well, I really hope 'walimeer' gets his visa granted soon.

I just feel like mocking the whole UKBA, Ms.May and her followers! Either way, let's hope that this comes to an end soon. Seriously, don't get what is it about foreign spouses that they so detest!

Good luck to all of us.

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:26 am

It's definately better to try- hope you get some kind of good response .

i am sure everything is okay but FAKE responses from the UKBA make me paranoid.LOL

maroonedsoul wrote:
zeezeezee wrote:Hi Marooned soul-

It may get worse-when i asked MP for help. No fault of hers but the UKBA made up a pack of lies saying a cheque got lost - not sure what cheque as he paid by CASH and then also said some sponsor details were missing- not sure what details because it seems they have got it back and are processing my application but restarting it from 5th of June and husband applied on 12th April (WaliMeer- hes on the forum)- either way their incompetency is not my problem and it just really is FRUSTRATING.

I am hoping that one call from my MP helped but not too sure, if they even care at all if they are prepared to make up lies. I e-mailed my mp to say those were blatent lies and illogical reasons but she has not got back to me i say not much she can do as its still within the processing period 3-6 months. And i can just imagine some dude just purposely taking a file out and saying it was not there because of being irritated by another MP call. And how would we be able to prove it was there- What a flawed system the VFS should check through everything write a proper receipt with everthing we have submitted then send the stuff!

Please see her reply:

Thank you for returning the form so promptly. I have made a quick enquiry with the UKBA over the phone. The last time the application was looked at was 5 June 2012 when it was discovered the application cheque and the sponsor’s details were missing. According to the UKBA this has caused a delay on the application. Although most Spouse visas are decided within 3-6months the delay over your application has meant that the time limit restarted once all the necessary information was added to the application. At present the UKBA are still within the time limit on the decision.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have not had any news after the Olympics Ms Crouch can make fresh enquiries on the progress of the application but for now the application is still in time.

Yours sincerely

This is what happened i got more annoyed

maroonedsoul wrote:
wAliMeer wrote:

All the best to us!
Hi zeezee,

Thank you for the reply. That must be infuriating. It is utter nonsense for them to give such false responses and fake delays. I am thinking that UKBA don't give a care to MP's support. I just thought I would regret it later if I didn't try that option and how worse could it go than what it already is? Either way, although I am pretty sure we submitted everything that they possibly could want, I am just preparing for the worst case scenario of having to do an appeal.

Well, I really hope 'walimeer' gets his visa granted soon.

I just feel like mocking the whole UKBA, Ms.May and her followers! Either way, let's hope that this comes to an end soon. Seriously, don't get what is it about foreign spouses that they so detest!

Good luck to all of us.
:x :x

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 am

Zeezee,

Yeah, I hope so! Will keep you posted if she responds. My husband is going to one of her surgeries this Friday to discuss and explain everything- not just about us, but the plight of so many of us as that might add more weight to our concerns. She is a strong advocate for families and is known to be persistent. But, then mixed views exist!

Let's see.

abt2710
Newly Registered

settlement

Post by abt2710 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:30 am

Any new updates