ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashwin1406
Newly Registered

Re: Finally arrived

Post by ashwin1406 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:41 pm

ranger28 wrote:
Did u send a return special delivery envelop with your application?
@ranger28: Yes I did.

@ed_1980: Just now, case worker called and verified if I have received it safely as I have to travel tomorrow. This is just to confirm that the application has been expedited.

pareshchop
Newly Registered

Set-(O)

Post by pareshchop » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi all,

Just wanna post my SET (O) timeline,

Form posted : 17th July 2012
Form delivered : 18th July 2012 (as per post office website)

Yet to receive any acknowledgement letter or even payment not taken from bank account yet.

Rgds,
Paresh

UKwannabee

Does this affect us?

Post by UKwannabee » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Just saw this article on the Daily Mail:

The great Olympic walkout: Now train drivers AND airport immigration staff announce strikes which will hit Games

Aslef union will take industrial action over pensions on August 6, 7 and 8
Thousands of staff at the Home Office, including airport immigration workers, will also stage a 24-hour strike the day before the opening of the OlympicsThe news comes as the Public and Commercial Services Union announced thousands of Home Office workers, including Border Agency staff, are to strike on July 26 and take other forms of action until August 20 in a row over jobs, pay and other issues.

Does this affect us??!!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z215Nol6Iv

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Adminstration error

Post by SingaporeGirl » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi guys

I wrote a complaint letter because my application had been misappropriately handled. I applied on 14 Feb using SET(M) and got the application returned to me in March saying I had used the wrong form and should use the right one with biometric information.

I wrote to them complaining I had not used the wrong form but they had been so inefficient and incompetent that they only opened it in March, when biometrics card had come into effect. I shouldn't be penalised or delayed for this. I would also not be requiring a BRP card (but of course now I do) because I applied originally in February.

After waiting for weeks, I have finally gotten a letter today which admitted that "due to an administrative error, your original application was rejected...."

I am still waiting for my passport after resubmitting on 19 March (next week will be 18 weeks) and I will be taking the complaint to Ombudsman as this is clear maladministration.

Very frustrating but they really do need to answer for their actions, and I am glad I have managed to force it out of them that they have made an error.

penabates46
Newly Registered

Nothing Yet

Post by penabates46 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Time Line

SET(m)

Papers checked by Visa Checking Service , Cambs - all passports and original papers returned 10th July
Documents received and signed for at Durham 12th July

Today 19th July still not taken money or letter of acknowledgement.
Thought i would of had something by now. :?
Maybe they are all at Heathrow working a border control. :lol:

UKwannabee

Re: Adminstration error

Post by UKwannabee » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Well done you! It will be interesting to see what the Ombudsman does...keep us informed for sure!

I'm 19.5 weeks now....can't be too much longer!

;)

SingaporeGirl wrote:Hi guys

I wrote a complaint letter because my application had been misappropriately handled. I applied on 14 Feb using SET(M) and got the application returned to me in March saying I had used the wrong form and should use the right one with biometric information.

I wrote to them complaining I had not used the wrong form but they had been so inefficient and incompetent that they only opened it in March, when biometrics card had come into effect. I shouldn't be penalised or delayed for this. I would also not be requiring a BRP card (but of course now I do) because I applied originally in February.

After waiting for weeks, I have finally gotten a letter today which admitted that "due to an administrative error, your original application was rejected...."

I am still waiting for my passport after resubmitting on 19 March (next week will be 18 weeks) and I will be taking the complaint to Ombudsman as this is clear maladministration.

Very frustrating but they really do need to answer for their actions, and I am glad I have managed to force it out of them that they have made an error.

nickpatel2012

Re: All in the same boat

Post by nickpatel2012 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:27 pm

our dates are two days apart for teh date application posted and biometrics done

ed_1980 wrote:
littlebits wrote:Hi All

Since submitting my rant to the forum I have noticed a familiar pattern with March applicants. I suspected that the introduction of the Identity Card was going to hold everything up especially since, at the time, the UKBA hadn't even properly updated their paperwork nor their website in regard to this.

This is an extremely frustrating process and the longer we all wait the more stressful it becomes and I'm sure that we are all feeling the stress in our relationships. But remember, there will be an end!

We also paid the £80 thinking that by using the Registrar we would have a smoother, quicker process but alas this was not the case - we just had the luxury of keeping our passports (which is pretty useless for me without my ID card).

My timeline: Set (M)
Submitted: 20 March 2012 (Registrar, London)
Verification of Application Letter: 22 March 2012 (Sheffield Office)
Biometrics Letter: Mailed on 19 April - received on 25 April (Liverpool Office)
Biometrics Taken: 26 April 2012

I'm extremely grateful for this forum as before finding it, I really felt targeted by the UKBA.

Fingers crossed for Friday - 4 months on!
Good luck everyone.
Yep, plenty of us who submitted in February still waiting too! 21 weeks for me this Wednesday. Yay.

daged
Newly Registered

UKBA processing delays in the media again

Post by daged » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:51 pm

I realise that this story relates to student visas, but the processing delay issues and complaints are the same, and it is worth noting that the media seems to be taking more and more of an interest in the UKBA:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18888210

dsbos

Re: Adminstration error

Post by dsbos » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:07 pm

SingaporeGirl wrote:Hi guys

You should do anything possibly you can do to get the justice done. Don't giveup.

It's only the people who live a life that harm no one are penalised in this country. All the culprits are having a joy ride.

ideanokia6500

Post by ideanokia6500 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 pm

ILR + FLR(M)

posted on 6th july
delivered on 9th july
payment by cheque

still WAITING for payment

acknowledgement waiting :(

anybody with same status??
HI

GmanILR2012

Re: Finally arrived

Post by GmanILR2012 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:30 am

ed_1980 wrote:
ashwin1406 wrote:Guys,

It has finally arrived. Thank God, Just a day before my travel. It was very hard to experience. I did request to expedite the application 3 times by Fax and requested MP as well to expedite from his end. It all worked. But I believe it works only if they get convinced with our situation. This forums has helped me to know the process to expedite. Thanks a lot.

My Time Lines:
Type of application: SET (O) JR, 5yrs (HSMP+ Tier 1), two dependents
Application submission date: 15.02.2012
Acknowledgement letter and Fees: 17.02.2012
Document received back: 19.07.2012
Stamped date: 18.07.2012
Total Time: 22 weeks

Suggestions:

1. Calling to UKBA doesnt work if it is under 6 Months, they refused to tell the status even yesterday.
2. Faxing the request does work with genuine reason. And just wait till the requested date.
3. Writing to MP may also work.
Congratulations!

I must add:

4) Expediting may have failed entirely and not achieved a thing - it did take 22 weeks after all! I don't call that expedited!

I must say I agree with ed_1980 (Your previous posting regarding expedited services) in these circumstances with the UKBA going on strike and the minimum amount of staff they already have to process these visa's by requesting for expedite services because you have booked a holiday or something that is not an emergency it is a little unfair to the rest of us waiting in line. However if your reasons for requesting an expedited service is valid (i.e. death in the family) then by all means take my place in the line.

If everyone starts to request expedited services then we will all be waiting a lot longer for our visas, we are all in the same boat here. Congrats to ashwin 1406 (I'm sure your reasons for requesting expedite services are more valid than you just having booked a holiday.) I hope that some people think before taking some peoples advice and just bombarding the UKBA with letters of expedite and faxes. The UKBA clearly states six months so we shouldn't start making holiday plans before such a date has passed.

I apologise for the rant to those of you who are just waiting like the rest of us. It just really annoys me when I hear of people requesting (and promoting) expedited services as it clearly slows down processing times. TRUST ME I work in immigration, I PROCESS VISA'S on a daily basis however not for the UKBA. The expedite services are reserved for people with genuine problems and states of emergency (as mentioned in ashwin 1406's post above). Keep those people in mind before you send the UKBA an expedite letter or your MP a letter.

WTF
Newly Registered

SET(0) finally!

Post by WTF » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:00 am

Finally have received my passports today! But feel too little too late :(.

Timeline:
Application sent: 10th Feb
Acknowledgement received: 14th Feb
Passport stamped: 17th Feb
Passport received: 20th Feb

I heartily wish they clean up their act so that further applicants do not have to wait the same amount (5 months!!) for their passports.

UKwannabee

Re: SET(0) finally!

Post by UKwannabee » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:01 am

Congrats!! :)

ILRsetO123
Newly Registered

Post by ILRsetO123 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:08 am

16 weeks today.
dont see any progress on Set O applications. Do you know of any Set O applicant who had done biometrics and have received their documents back with Biometric Resident permit.

I think biometrics has contributed for further delays in Set O application.

GmanILR2012

Post by GmanILR2012 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:16 am

WTF wrote:Finally have received my passports today! But feel too little too late :(.

Timeline:

I heartily wish they clean up their act so that further applicants do not have to wait the same amount (5 months!!) for their passports.
WTF... dude, that is awesome!! Congrats!

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:50 am

WTF wrote:Finally have received my passports today! But feel too little too late :(.

Timeline:

You meant you received ur passport within 10 days ???

raj15
Newly Registered

Got My visa after waiting for 5 months

Post by raj15 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:51 am

Hi ,

I am Glad that Finlay I got the Visa after horrible waiting for 5 Months

Applied on 13 Feb 2012
Acknowledgement received on 17 Feb 2012
Passport received with stamping on 20 July

I got question here can some respond if they had in similar situation

I have done my Biometric before sending the application for my extension in Sept 2011 .

Now I haven't received any Biometric letter and got the Visa

Best of Luck to those still who are waiting .

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:02 pm

raj15,
Biometrics is only issued for ILR application that were made after Feb 29, so in your case you wont be getting any irrespective of having one already.

Bash

raj15
Newly Registered

Post by raj15 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:07 pm

Thanks Bash, for the repose

I have submitted the Biometric cards along with the my Application .

i am hoping that i'll get the Biometric cards as well in the Next week

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Timeline:

Congrats, look at your post again, I think you meant that you receive passport today, and it was stamped on Tuesday..... congrats and enjoy.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:25 pm

raj15 wrote:Thanks Bash, for the repose

I have submitted the Biometric cards along with the my Application .

i am hoping that i'll get the Biometric cards as well in the Next week
There is no need for biometric, as you have applied on the 13 of Feb, that was 16 days before it becomes compolsury, for everyone applying to do biometric, please do not expect a card, as you have already received your ILR in your passport, you cannot have both.

Congrats on receiving your ILR, and enjoy.

NB: I think your post in in the wrong section.

WTF
Newly Registered

Post by WTF » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:37 pm

GmanILR2012 wrote:

Timeline:

WTF... dude, that is awesome!! Congrats!
Apologies, the timeline above is incorrect. Clearly error made due to the state of mind I am in at the moment!

Revised -
Timeline:
Passport stamped: 17th July
Passport received: 20th July

Provasanth
Newly Registered

Finally

Post by Provasanth » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Finally Finally... got the call from my solicitor that he received my passport today....

yet to get in hand... will keep you posted with dates when I receive it...

Patience is the key guys, i think... it took me about 22 / 23 weeks to get it...

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:27 pm

ideanokia6500 wrote:ILR + FLR(M)

posted on 6th july
delivered on 9th july
payment by cheque

I have applied for ILR for myself and my wife using SET (O) application form.

I completed 5 years on HSMP+Tier 1 (General).

So far here is the timeline:

Documents and application Sent: 13th July 2012
Application Received by UKBA: 16th July 2012

Fee still not taken, no acknowledgment letter.
Not all those who wander are lost...

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:51 pm

dadageer wrote:
ideanokia6500 wrote:ILR + FLR(M)

posted on 6th july
delivered on 9th july
payment by cheque

@dadageer, don't worry too much, you should receive acknowledgement letter sometime next week, you will be ok.

I have applied for ILR for myself and my wife using SET (O) application form.

I completed 5 years on HSMP+Tier 1 (General).

So far here is the timeline:

Documents and application Sent: 13th July 2012
Application Received by UKBA: 16th July 2012

Fee still not taken, no acknowledgment letter.