ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zainoor1

Re: ilr received

Post by zainoor1 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:18 pm

skyper wrote:
zainoor1 wrote:hi...i wana share my timeline

application submit= 8march,12
payment = 13 march,12
letter received = 17 march,12

biometric done = 2nd may,2012
documents received = 20 july,12
bimetric card arrived= 21 july,12

my all documents were received by my solicitor so i don,t know if was recorded delivery or normal delevery.

me and my wife soooo happy now. she is over the moon now . i,ll be with her in u.k without any restriction now.

wish all you guyz best for future.
Congrats mate for ILR.U mean all yours documents including Biometric Invitation letter and BRP Card where delivered to yours solicitor.

You received nothing in post.
yes i didn,t receive anything by post.

skyper
Newly Registered

Post by skyper » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:34 pm

zainoor1 wrote:
skyper wrote:

payment = 13 march,12

my all documents were received by my solicitor so i don,t know if was recorded delivery or normal delevery.

me and my wife soooo happy now. she is over the moon now . i,ll be with her in u.k without any restriction now.

Congrats mate for ILR.U mean all yours documents including Biometric Invitation letter and BRP Card where delivered to yours solicitor.

You received nothing in post.
yes i didn,t receive anything by post.[/quotZ

The period is 3 years if you are married to a bc and 5 years in other categories...as you are married to BC so you can apply now if nautionalization.

sheford

Post by sheford » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi,

Just registered on here but have been reading for some time.

Set [O] Visa application with one dependent
App sent: 11/6
Acknowledgement letter date:16/6
Biometrics: no response yet

all the best with your application.

ed_1980

Post by ed_1980 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:46 am

skyper wrote:
The period is 3 years if you are married to a bc and 5 years in other categories...as you are married to BC so you can apply now if nautionalization.
Might want to be careful just asking for other's opinions. We don't necessarily know the rules. You should read the guidance carefully yourself and make up your mind.

I believe skyper above is correct EXCEPT that the final 12 months of your three years has to have been on an "unrestricted" residence permit - that is ILR. So unless you have ILR already and have held it for 12 months, I believe you actually need to apply for ILR first then wait a year from grant date.

Of course I could be wrong. I am not a lawyer. I hope I'm not wrong though, since then I'd be applying for ILR myself pointlessly.

Bads
Newly Registered

Post by Bads » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:39 am

@ skyper

Hello, i agree with ed_1980 that ILR should be the next step but considering the lenght of ur stay, u can go straight to PEO for 24 hrs decision as ur case is pretty much straight forward 1. As long as u will convince the PEO. Dont post ur application otherwise u will wait this long like mostly of us, unless the PEO decides that u should post instead. Its been so stressful waiting if u only know. I submitted mine last 15 March but until now i am ardently waiting.

I think the mere reason for delaying the result is due to citizenship. As we all know naturalization can be done a year after ILR been given not exactly when we reach our 3rd year. So it means, if they give our papers 6 or even after 6 months then we wouldnt be able to apply the citizenship at once but instead wait for another year.

Anyway, the foregoing is just a thought. Who knows the caseworker/s is really scrutinising and thoroughly verifying each of the documents we have submitted.

Still waiting...,,, good luck to of us & God bless

frogprinceink
Newly Registered

Re: March applicant

Post by frogprinceink » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:43 am

frogprinceink wrote:Some good news for March applicants!
I sent off my IRL Set (O) on 21st March. Acknowledgement letter sent 28th March. Biometrics letter sent 18th May and biometrics taken on the 26th May. I have just rec'd my passport back from Liverpool office via 2nd class recorded delivery this morning (July 25th)
Now awaiting biometrics permit...
Biometrics card also arrived yesterday afternoon (25th) by courier.

ILRsetO123
Newly Registered

Post by ILRsetO123 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:16 pm

frogprinceink wrote:
frogprinceink wrote: Biometrics card also arrived yesterday afternoon (25th) by courier.
Congrats frogprinceink.....

I believe you are the first person in Forum who got a BRP after applying under Set O (applications after Feb29)
Please cna you let us know the date on BRP if you dont mind..

frogprinceink
Newly Registered

Post by frogprinceink » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:33 pm

ILRsetO123 wrote:
frogprinceink wrote:
frogprinceink wrote: Biometrics card also arrived yesterday afternoon (25th) by courier.
Congrats frogprinceink.....

I believe you are the first person in Forum who got a BRP after applying under Set O (applications after Feb29)
Please cna you let us know the date on BRP if you dont mind..

Date on the BRP is 23/07/2012.

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Passport received

Post by SingaporeGirl » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi guys

Got my passport today by 2nd class recorded delivery.

Timeline again:

Applied for SET(M): 19 March
Acknowledgement letter and payment taken: 21 March
Biometrics invitation letter: 5 May dated 1 May
Biometrics done at Post Office: 8 May
BRP card received: 24 July letter dated 20 July
Passport and documents received: 26 July with letter dated 20 July

Total time: 18 weeks (expedited)

Good luck to those who are still waiting (never thought I would get the chance to say this!) and I'm glad to put all this behind me.

Thanks everybody on the forum, praying that you will all get good news very soon, especially UKwannabe!

UKwannabee

Re: Passport received

Post by UKwannabee » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 pm

***Congrats Singapore Girl!!*** So happy for you - the long wait is finally over!

Yipeeee!!

I'm sure mine will come along some day soon...(still trying to keep positive!!)

xo

SingaporeGirl wrote:Hi guys

Timeline again:

Good luck to those who are still waiting (never thought I would get the chance to say this!) and I'm glad to put all this behind me.

Thanks everybody on the forum, praying that you will all get good news very soon, especially UKwannabe!

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Post by SingaporeGirl » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:47 pm

indigill, if you are a British citizen, they will return your passport without affecting the visa application process. I requested the return of my husband's passport and they did it within a week. If you phone the mainline and press the option for return of documents, they should be able to help you? My husband faxed over his air tickets (he needed to travel), passport number, address etc to request the return after speaking to a rep over the phone who asked him to do so. Hope this helps.

indigill wrote:I am in an sticky situation here as well. I had sent my British passport along with my wifes to get my son a settlemenet visa (he was born in Canada). It was sent in April and from then on i have been regularly requesting the return of my passport (including wifes). The home office is doing nothing. From April i have recd no acknowledgment, made so many calls, sent so many faxes but nothing. Now i am driving from UK to India via road, raising money for charity www.glasgow2goa.com. It is for charitable cause but no one from home offices seems to be interested in returning the documents. I wish there was something else i could do besides shouting hoarse. I am really really pissed.

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Post by SingaporeGirl » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:50 pm

UKwannabee, yours will come in the next week or so, I'm sure, I'm keep watching this forum until you get yours!!!

UKwannabee wrote:***Congrats Singapore Girl!!*** So happy for you - the long wait is finally over!

Yipeeee!!

I'm sure mine will come along some day soon...(still trying to keep positive!!)

xo

SingaporeGirl wrote:Hi guys

Timeline again:

UKwannabee

Post by UKwannabee » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Hello!

Has anyone received any confirmation from UK Immigration when they received your Biometrics? The reason I ask, I applied on 1st March, had my Biometrics taken on 30th March. I'm a bit concerned because the machine broke down when they were taking my fingerprints. The man in the Romsey post office had to call for IT help, restarted the machine; eventually he got it running and said that it was complete.

I'm nervous now that everyone is receiving their docs (after I applied) if there is something wrong or if they haven't received my biometrics. I sent them two faxes asking them to contact me if they are missing anything from my application as I'm a bit concerned that people who applied after me are getting their documents. Not a big surprise, but I haven't heard anything from them so I'm assuming they have everything.

I think I'm going to be part of the 5% in the 'over 6 months category'. My Set (M) application is so straightforward - I don't understand what is taking them so long!!!

:?

dadageer
Mood:

Follow this template

Post by dadageer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:55 pm

All ILR applicants please follow this template which will help all of us to keep track of timeline.

1. Current visa: TIER 1 GENERAL
2. Date of expiry of current leave: 29-07-2012
3. Application form used for ILR: SET (O)
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 1
5. Date application posted: 13-07-2012
6. Date application received at UKBA: 16-07-2012
7. Date payment debited: WAITING
8. Payment mode : DIRECT DEBIT
9. Acknowledgement letter received:WAITING
10. Biometric letter received: WAITING
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: WAITING
12. Date of approval: WAITING
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: WAITING
14. Date BRP ILR Received:WAITING
Not all those who wander are lost...

amara.naveed
Newly Registered

Posted application on 5/june/2012

Post by amara.naveed » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:10 pm

hi,
me and my husband applied ILR application set(o) form(tier 1 + work permit)

date applied: 05/june/2012
confirmation received : 14/june/2012
payment taken : 11/june/2012
Biometric permit: already taken last year when tier 1 was stamped

Still waiting ... !!!!!!

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:40 am

After 14 weeks wait... today I got the Biometric letter - but what a load of ignorance.

Letter generated on 18th Jul, received only today on 2nd Class delivery and they sent only for half of the family.

I don't know if they have generated the letters for the rest of the family or whether they were lost in post, etc.

Needless to say I am extremely ANGRY ! :evil:

Has anyone got in to a similar situation with your Biometric letters? If so what did you do?

Did you get the rest of the letters next day/days after, etc?

Appreciate any comments.

GmanILR2012

Post by GmanILR2012 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:53 am

dsbos wrote:After 14 weeks wait... today I got the Biometric letter - but what a load of ignorance.

Letter generated on 18th Jul, received only today on 2nd Class delivery and they sent only for half of the family.

I don't know if they have generated the letters for the rest of the family or whether they were lost in post, etc.

Needless to say I am extremely ANGRY ! :evil:

Has anyone got in to a similar situation with your Biometric letters? If so what did you do?

Did you get the rest of the letters next day/days after, etc?

Appreciate any comments.

dsbos,

sorry to hear that the UKBA managed to mess even a simple thing like posting your families letters together, however this news does not surprise me. My only comment is phone them to enquire as to why this has happened and ask that the call officer please make a note or give you an e-mail address or fax number for your processing team so that you may rectify their error if they are unable to make a note to your case officer.

It is worth a try. Hope you get a nice operator fron UKBA who is willing to go the extra mile and HELP you!

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:59 pm

GmanILR2012 wrote:

dsbos,

sorry to hear that the UKBA managed to mess even a simple thing like posting your families letters together, however this news does not surprise me. My only comment is phone them to enquire as to why this has happened and ask that the call officer please make a note or give you an e-mail address or fax number for your processing team so that you may rectify their error if they are unable to make a note to your case officer.

It is worth a try. Hope you get a nice operator fron UKBA who is willing to go the extra mile and HELP you!

Gman - thanks.

Had a phone to the BM line and in fact there was this nice lady Sharon - but she couldn't help.

She confirmed all letters were generated on the same day and posted on the same day. She asked me to phone back again on 02nd Aug if I don't get the remainder by then... sighg...

This thing is testing me to the fullest...

gurudev

Post by gurudev » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:24 pm

payment = 13 march,12

Congrats... Hope you can give me some information.. I have also applied through Agency (Lawer). Did you received Biometric letter to your address or did the Lawer got them and forwarded it to you.

Thanks in advance.

waitingformonths
Newly Registered

finally got my ILR

Post by waitingformonths » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Finally after months of waiting, I have received my passport along with the documents (hopefully all of them). Details below

2. Date of expiry of current leave: Oct-2012
5. Date application posted: 16-Feb-2012
7. Date payment debited: 21-Feb-2012
9. Acknowledgement letter received: Did not receive any
12. Date of approval: 23-Jul-2012
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: 26-Jul-2012

(I have removed the points not relevant to my application)

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:38 pm

gurudev wrote:

payment = 13 march,12

Congrats... Hope you can give me some information.. I have also applied through Agency (Lawer). Did you received Biometric letter to your address or did the Lawer got them and forwarded it to you.

Thanks in advance.
Hello Gurudev,

I just received a call from my solicitor that he has received the biometrics letter. Not sure if i have received any to my home address as havent checked the post yet today. But will definetely update you. As of now what i could say is solicitor usually get all our docs.

The letter was dated 13/07 and it was received yesterday. Could some one suggest if this fine as biometrics need to be done with in 15 days but the letter was received only yesterday.

Regards

ed_1980

Re: finally got my ILR

Post by ed_1980 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Congrats.

I'm surprised they accepted your application at all given you sent it many many months before the guidance states you should. Did you have circumstances to make them allow it?
waitingformonths wrote:Finally after months of waiting, I have received my passport along with the documents (hopefully all of them). Details below

gurudev

Post by gurudev » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:19 pm

s_raj11 wrote:
gurudev wrote:

payment = 13 march,12

Thanks in advance.
Hello Gurudev,

I just received a call from my solicitor that he has received the biometrics letter. Not sure if i have received any to my home address as havent checked the post yet today. But will definetely update you. As of now what i could say is solicitor usually get all our docs.

The letter was dated 13/07 and it was received yesterday. Could some one suggest if this fine as biometrics need to be done with in 15 days but the letter was received only yesterday.

Regards
Sorry I was not clear in my Question which I asked regarding Biometrics. I want know if you received your Biometrics Request letter (before doing the biometrics) or your solisitor received and send it to you to register for your biometrics.

lupilu
Newly Registered

hello

Post by lupilu » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:20 pm

hello every one .i received my documents and b-card 18 of july.thanks God i am out of this waiting game. sorry about posting this news little late. my time line is
applied on 10 of march
acknowledgement letter on 22 march
bio metric invitation letter on 30 may
docs and b card received on 18 july
i wish best of luck to all who r waiting for their docs to return.

dadageer
Mood:

Re: finally got my ILR

Post by dadageer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:51 pm

waitingformonths wrote:Finally after months of waiting, I have received my passport along with the documents (hopefully all of them). Details below

Congrats man!

I just hope I get mine soon :cry:

I have a long way to go...............
Not all those who wander are lost...