ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching PSW to Tier2 general after get the sponsor license

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pclk
Newly Registered

Switching PSW to Tier2 general after get the sponsor license

Post by pclk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi Guys,

Could you please explain me what to do once your employer granted with sponsorship license?

My company applied for unrestricted sponsorship license, we havent received it yet but we have requested urgent treatment. My visa finishes in 10th of AUG 2012 since I have very few days left I would like to prepare things in advance.

I would be really appricated if you could explain me once my company finds out they granted for sponsorship what they supposed to do and what I supposed to do? What is the process and all the things you should do and prepare?

I asked a lawyer but she asked me 900 pounds to assits me with application by that she means reviewing my application not telling me what I should do :S

1. How they sign me a Cos?
2. What documents I need to fill?
3. What documents I need to send to Home office? (Maintaince proof, passport... etc)
4. Most probably we will receive license 2-3 days before my visa finishes, how I can make payment on time?
5. If there are other things to do or prepare or submit or send by me and by my employer that I am not aware of please tell me.

Thank you so much!

david1955
- thin ice -

Re: Switching PSW to Tier2 general after get the sponsor lic

Post by david1955 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:58 pm

pclk wrote:Hi Guys,

Could you please explain me what to do once your employer granted with sponsorship license?

My company applied for unrestricted sponsorship license, we havent received it yet but we have requested urgent treatment. My visa finishes in 10th of AUG 2012 since I have very few days left I would like to prepare things in advance.

I would be really appricated if you could explain me once my company finds out they granted for sponsorship what they supposed to do and what I supposed to do? What is the process and all the things you should do and prepare?

I asked a lawyer but she asked me 900 pounds to assits me with application by that she means reviewing my application not telling me what I should do :S

3. What documents I need to send to Home office? (Maintaince proof, passport... etc)
4. Most probably we will receive license 2-3 days before my visa finishes, how I can make payment on time?
5. If there are other things to do or prepare or submit or send by me and by my employer that I am not aware of please tell me.

Thank you so much!
(1) once your employer gets the licence they have to assign you an certificate of sponsorship from the sponship management system. This COS number you have put in your application form. Guidance available on UKBA website on how to assign COS
(2) Once you get COS, you have to apply online for the tier 2 visa .
(3) Read the guidance. List of documents is mentioned there
(4) once you submit your application online. you will be asked to make the payment.
(5) read the guidance and prepare for the documents . thats the only thinG you can do now

pclk
Newly Registered

Post by pclk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm

[quote="david1955"][quote="pclk"]Hi Guys,

Thank you so much![/quote]

(1) once your employer gets the licence they have to assign you an certificate of sponsorship from the sponship management system. This COS number you have put in your application form. Guidance available on UKBA website on how to assign COS
(4) once you submit your application online. you will be asked to make the payment.
(5) read the guidance and prepare for the documents . thats the only thinG you can do now[/quote]

Thank you for your reply. Today when I talked to lawyer she told me that I should make my application by post . Where can I make application online? Also do you know if u r switching from PSW to Tier 2 general, your job has to be at or above NQF 4 ? I am a recruiter in a pharmaceutical company and closest one to this 3562 Personnel and industrial relations officers which is at or above NQF 3. So I am not eligible to apply then? I am very confused even though I read the guidance.

It says : '' 63.If you are applying to work in the UK the Certificate of Sponsorship must confirm that the
job is at NQF level level 6 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as stated in the codes of practice
or in a creative sector occupation skilled to NQF level 4 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as
listed in the Tier 2 & 5 Sponsor Guidance, or the job is at NQF level 4 and appears on the
list of shortage occupations. This does not mean that you must be educated to this level,
it means that the job is at that level. The Certificate of Sponsorship must also confirm
that you will be paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job. These requirements
are set out in the codes of practice on our website at: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
business-sponsors/points/sponsoringmigrants/employingmigrants/codesofpractice and
the Tier 2 & 5 Sponsor Guidance at: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/
employersandsponsors/pbsguidance/ ''

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:59 am

pclk wrote:
david1955 wrote:
pclk wrote:Hi Guys,

Thank you so much!
(5) read the guidance and prepare for the documents . thats the only thinG you can do now
Thank you for your reply. Today when I talked to lawyer she told me that I should make my application by post . Where can I make application online? Also do you know if u r switching from PSW to Tier 2 general, your job has to be at or above NQF 4 ? I am a recruiter in a pharmaceutical company and closest one to this 3562 Personnel and industrial relations officers which is at or above NQF 3. So I am not eligible to apply then? I am very confused even though I read the guidance.

It says : '' 63.If you are applying to work in the UK the Certificate of Sponsorship must confirm that the
job is at NQF level level 6 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as stated in the codes of practice
or in a creative sector occupation skilled to NQF level 4 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as
listed in the Tier 2 & 5 Sponsor Guidance, or the job is at NQF level 4 and appears on the
list of shortage occupations. This does not mean that you must be educated to this level,
it means that the job is at that level. The Certificate of Sponsorship must also confirm
that you will be paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job. These requirements
are set out in the codes of practice on our website at: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
business-sponsors/points/sponsoringmigrants/employingmigrants/codesofpractice and
the Tier 2 & 5 Sponsor Guidance at: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/
You got both the options of post or online application
After 9 July 2012 all the jobs must be at NQF level 6.

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:15 pm

pclk wrote: Thank you for your reply. Today when I talked to lawyer she told me that I should make my application by post . Where can I make application online? Also do you know if u r switching from PSW to Tier 2 general, your job has to be at or above NQF 4 ? I am a recruiter in a pharmaceutical company and closest one to this 3562 Personnel and industrial relations officers which is at or above NQF 3. So I am not eligible to apply then? I am very confused even though I read the guidance.

It says : '' 63.If you are applying to work in the UK the Certificate of Sponsorship must confirm that the job is at NQF level level 6 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as stated in the codes of practice or in a creative sector occupation skilled to NQF level 4 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as
listed in the Tier 2 & 5 Sponsor Guidance, or the job is at NQF level 4 and appears on the list of shortage occupations. This does not mean that you must be educated to this level, it means that the job is at that level. The Certificate of Sponsorship must also confirm that you will be paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job. These requirements
If you wish to apply online, you need to register, here is the link https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/se ... %2faccount

According to the para you quotes "This does not mean that you must be educated to this level, it means that the job is at that level" - meaning your job has to be at the NQF level that is stated by your Sponsor on the assigned to you CoS!

wangguan1005
Newly Registered

Post by wangguan1005 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:12 am

Switching PSW to Tier2 general after get the sponsor licImage

squalliram

Same situation

Post by squalliram » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:04 am

Hello,

I am in the same situation as above i.e. switching from PSW to Tier-2 General. My employer has applied for the CoS but they are yet to receive it (UKBA told them that it will take around 3 months to issue it but we will get the CoS number by next month) and I am just getting myself ready for applying for the visa. My visa expires on Dec 23rd. The questions I have are:

1) In addition to CoS, do I need to show a meeting salary requirement pay slip as well? If yes, could you direct me as to where should I look for my job role as a graduate software engineer?
2) I checked on the UKBA website and they have mentioned that I need to have £900 as my maintenance fund. Is it applicable to my case? If so, from how long do I have to maintain it?
3) Did I keep it till too late to apply for this visa? ( I still have 4 months)

Thanks a lot.