ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching PSW to PSW dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tikejhya

Switching PSW to PSW dependent

Post by tikejhya » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi, I currently hold PSW visa which expires on august second week, and my wife is also in PSW visa which expires on March 2013,

Can i apply for PSW dependent Inside country? Or do i have to go and apply from back home?

Secondly, as my wife's visa expires on March 2013 will that be considered enough to provide me dependent visa (as sometimes i read, dependent has to be more than 6 months visa) Is this true? Either way My wifes visa will be more than 6 months but just wanted to make sure.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ependants/

I went through UKBA website but cannot find any relevent answer.

Any help will be appreciated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:08 am

You can't switch inside the UK. If granted, the period of leave will be in line with the expiry of your partner's.

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:56 am

Lucapooka wrote:You can't switch inside the UK. If granted, the period of leave will be in line with the expiry of your partner's.
Hey thanks lucapooka, just to make myself clear, do you mean my partners visa (validity period i.e. which has got around 6 months visa) is not a problem?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:30 pm

No, it's not a problem, but it will mean the visa will be short-dated and an extension will be necessary very soon.

chengfutai0509
Newly Registered

Post by chengfutai0509 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:23 am

the period of leave will be in line with the expiry of your partner's.Image