ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

highly skilled
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (M) Waiting times

Post by highly skilled » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Dsin wrote:
mrsclc78 wrote:
highly skilled wrote:
Hi mrsclc78,

Thank you for your reply. Can I ask which number you called to request the sponsor's passport back? Were you successful? We mailed two letters requesting my (sponsor) documents back asap as I needed to go to a business trip on 30 July. We received no response whatsoever and I had to miss my business trip.

Also some people mentioned that they called a number where they had an update on whether their biometrics letter was sent out - is this the number on the letter? Should it only be the main applicant that can call that number and inquire about status?

Thank you!
Hi Highly Skilled,

Yes, I called the number on the acknowledgement letter (08706067766). I've called about 6 times or so, usually on hold from 10-40 minutes. It's not cheap though (I've been using Skype).

I'm so sorry you missed your business trip! When I dialled that number, I pressed 2 (I think), whichever number corresponds with requesting the return of documents. The woman asked us for our HO reference number, and a few other personal details, and then asked for the mailing address we wanted the passport sent back to. She then gave us her name and said to write down the time and day in case we needed to reference it. She also said she noted that we needed the passport urgently, but that it may take up to 20 working days (which we already knew).

From what others have said here, it sounds like a combination of calling and requesting, and faxing (though where the fax number comes from, I'm not certain as I've not faxed a letter in yet) gets the document returned.

As for calling about the biometrics letter, I've done that, too. It's the same number, and I press the number that corresponds to biometrics enquiries (forget which one but they list them off on the phone). One person told me it takes 4-5 weeks, full stop, to receive the biometric letter from the date they received the documents. Another person said for me to call back the next day if I hadn't received it. When I did, that third person told me that I simply wasn't in their computer system so there was nothing I could do. A fourth person a week later told me the same - keep waiting, they're backlogged. So they're not hugely helpful, but I imagine that if I WAS in their system and a letter had been sent, they'd be able to tell me that.

For the return of documents for the sponsor, it needs to be the sponsor calling. For checking on a biometrics letter, it can be the applicant. Just have your HO reference number ready and be prepared to wait on hold for awhile listening to eine kleine nachtmusik...

Good luck!

Hi there,

Just caught up with a few posts and yes - it does seem like the main delay comes after submitting biometrics although of course, not everyone's case is the same. Someone posted over the weekend - their application had taken 4 months in total but they had received acknowledgement and biometrics letters very quickly, with most of the waiting being post-biometrics.

As mrsclc78 said, 2-3 weeks for biometric letters seems to be on the optimistic side. We waited nine weeks for our letter. I did wonder if they might be delaying biometrics letters in order to control the flow of applications to the case workers? From what I understand, an application is only given to a specific case worker once biometrics have been enrolled (could be wrong there) so by controlling when they send out the letters they have some control over how many cases are landed on each case worker per month. Just a thought.....

Keep updating on here as your experiences might help someone else in the same boat!
So I did spend my hour with Eine Kleine Nachtsmusik and had a response that our biometric request letter was sent out on 3rd of August! One step in the positive direction! The person I spoke to also said that 75% of applications are decided within 4 weeks after biometrics are enrolled - hopefully this is truly the case (although obviously it is not in all cases)!!

They also said that it was sent by second class post and should be with us within 10 days - is this really how long it took some of those who received the letter?

Thanks to all!

mrsclc78

Post by mrsclc78 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:58 pm

highly skilled wrote:
So I did spend my hour with Eine Kleine Nachtsmusik and had a response that our biometric request letter was sent out on 3rd of August! One step in the positive direction! The person I spoke to also said that 75% of applications are decided within 4 weeks after biometrics are enrolled - hopefully this is truly the case (although obviously it is not in all cases)!!

They also said that it was sent by second class post and should be with us within 10 days - is this really how long it took some of those who received the letter?

Thanks to all!
Rock on!! That's fantastic news. Looking back at your details, your acknowledgement letter was dated the day after mine, but my biometrics letter hasn't even been posted yet so you're ahead of me. Definitely goes to show it has *nothing* to do with the date of application. It's more like what stack they chuck your application into when it comes in the post, I think!

Why they send things second class post when we send them out generally next day recorded, etc., I don't understand. Especially given the ridiculous non-refundable fees we're paying. Good luck and please keep us up to date. Thanks for sharing :)

kid13

Post by kid13 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:26 pm

highly skilled wrote:
Dsin wrote:
mrsclc78 wrote:
highly skilled wrote:

Thanks to all!
Yes, judging by most of the timings listed on this forum, the biometric letters have been received about a week after they were dated (ours was too!).

highly skilled
Newly Registered

Post by highly skilled » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:03 pm

All,

thank you for your replies - very helpful. We faxed our request for return of sponsor's passport to 02081963248. Is this the fax number that others have also used for their requests?

We also posted our request to the address on the acknowledgement letter - Sheffield PO box 3468.

Thanks!

bustednotch

Post by bustednotch » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi Everyone

I know it's been said before, but I would just like to express my thanks to everyone on this forum. It has been a lifesaver for my past PSW application (granted), and Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa application (refused) before that.

Here is my timeline for my Unmarried Partner Visa:

Date Docs sent: 4th July 2012
Date Ack. Letter received: dated 11th July 2012
Date biometrics booking letter received: Not yet
Date biometrics enrolled: Not yet
Date BRP received: Not yet
Date Docs received: Not yet

In country application

Visa type: FLR(M) Unmarried Partner
From - Post Study Work Visa

Best of luck to everyone!

Donking1

Post by Donking1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your advise and support. Can't believe how stressfull the whole process has been.
Goodluck to those waiting. My timeline is below.

Date Applied/Docs sent: 09/02/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 22/02/12 (dated 13/02/2012)
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 17/03/2012
Date Biometrics Appointment: 26/03/2012 (Cardiff PEO)
Date Biometrics Issued: 02/08/2012
Date Biometric Card Received from HO: 06/08/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 03/08/2012

Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse and daughter
Visa From:Tier 1 Dependant

anil1978
Newly Registered

Request of Sponsor PAssport

Post by anil1978 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi guys

been following the thread as I am in the same boat as all of you, and just a quick question If I request my Passport back (Sponsor for my wife) will the application be still considered or will be treated as the application been withdrawn?

I am thinking of requesting just my passport so at least this will make somebody to look at our application and if we are lucky they might take a decision as we are waiting since mid May.

Thanks

mrsclc78

Re: Request of Sponsor PAssport

Post by mrsclc78 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:59 pm

anil1978 wrote:Hi guys

been following the thread as I am in the same boat as all of you, and just a quick question If I request my Passport back (Sponsor for my wife) will the application be still considered or will be treated as the application been withdrawn?

I am thinking of requesting just my passport so at least this will make somebody to look at our application and if we are lucky they might take a decision as we are waiting since mid May.

Thanks
Requesting the sponsor's passport back should have no bearing whatsoever on the actual application - you are allowed to ask for its return with a reason (work trip, etc.). If you call up, just make sure that you make it clear if necessary that you're requesting the sponsor's passport back, not withdrawing the application. Good luck! :)

anil1978
Newly Registered

Post by anil1978 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:04 pm

thanks for the reply. cheers much appreciated

Dsin

Post by Dsin » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:21 pm

mrsclc78 wrote:
highly skilled wrote:

Thanks to all!
Rock on!! That's fantastic news. Looking back at your details, your acknowledgement letter was dated the day after mine, but my biometrics letter hasn't even been posted yet so you're ahead of me. Definitely goes to show it has *nothing* to do with the date of application. It's more like what stack they chuck your application into when it comes in the post, I think!

Why they send things second class post when we send them out generally next day recorded, etc., I don't understand. Especially given the ridiculous non-refundable fees we're paying. Good luck and please keep us up to date. Thanks for sharing :)
We couldn't believe it came 2nd class after we paid £561 for the application and sent everything Special Delivery. Our letter was dated 1st August and we received it 4th August.

Hope your letter arrives soon!

highly skilled
Newly Registered

Post by highly skilled » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Dsin wrote:
mrsclc78 wrote:
highly skilled wrote:

Thanks to all!

We couldn't believe it came 2nd class after we paid £561 for the application and sent everything Special Delivery. Our letter was dated 1st August and we received it 4th August.

Hope your letter arrives soon!
Yes indeed - frustrating! What do you think about the fax number to fax urgent request to? Would it be the 0208 number I mentioned above? Someone also mentioned an 014 number, so not sure which one to use.

Thanks!

badger111

Post by badger111 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:34 pm

highly skilled wrote:
Dsin wrote:
mrsclc78 wrote:
highly skilled wrote:

Thanks to all!
If they would decide most the applications in 4 weeks after biometric we would be the happiest people in the world! I have enrolled my biometrics in March, and most people who have done the same haven't got their documents back. I wish you all the best with your application.

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:23 pm

badger111 wrote:
highly skilled wrote:
Dsin wrote:
mrsclc78 wrote:
If they would decide most the applications in 4 weeks after biometric we would be the happiest people in the world! I have enrolled my biometrics in March, and most people who have done the same haven't got their documents back. I wish you all the best with your application.
I agree with you. In 4 weeks a decision would have been nice but its been 4.5 months and still no decision.

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12 
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12 
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12) 
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12 
Date BRP received: waiting 
Date Docs received: waiting 

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4 

nholler
Newly Registered

waiting

Post by nholler » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:08 am

I emailed my local MP, who has since written to the UKBA to investigate our case as I've been waiting since 13th February. I got a letter back yesterday from my MP with a letter attached from the UKBA.

The letter says that unless there is a campassionate reason for the Visa to be looked at by a case worker then we have to wait like everyone else. They say that they are going through all applications from date of application and that they are working through them as quickly as possible. However, they can't confirm when our case will be looked at.

No apologies for the wait, and next Monday is the official 6 month mark from when we applied, so all we can do is write, fax and call from that day and probably be told what the letter says again!

Judging by other peoples posts, this is a generic letter they seem to be sending out to all that enquire. Also, there are cases where people who have applied after February and have been getting their Visa's so something clearly isn't right with their application system.

cityboy25
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy25 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi everyone,

Yesterday mark official 6 month we applied, and I decided to called them today asking for the progress of my application, the Lady that answer the call ask for my details and put me on hold to check my details, she get back to me and said is still on going and that a decision has not been made that I will still continue to wait until the decision is made.
I now ask her if my application has been passed to case worker, she said unfortunately they don't have access to that information.

my timeline

Date Applied/Docs sent: 06/02/12
Date Application R'ced: 07/02/12
Date payment taken from bank: 08/02/12
Biometrics: completed
Date issued: --/--/--
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: --

travelerzee

Post by travelerzee » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:16 pm

hi everyone,

i applied for my spousal visa on 3 July. the UKBA received my application on the 4th. we have have still not received the biometrics letter. called the UKBA today and were told that 4 weeks is still very early in the application process and we just have to be patient. our letter has not even been sent yet. GREAT!

Dsin

Post by Dsin » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:39 pm

travelerzee wrote:hi everyone,

i applied for my spousal visa on 3 July. the UKBA received my application on the 4th. we have have still not received the biometrics letter. called the UKBA today and were told that 4 weeks is still very early in the application process and we just have to be patient. our letter has not even been sent yet. GREAT!
Hi there,

If you have a look back at some of the recent posts it does seem that 4 weeks is too early for the biometrics letter. Not too early by normal standards of course, and not too early for you to be frustrated and watching the post but, nevertheless, too early by UKBA standards.

Our letter took nine weeks to arrive and others who applied just after us are still waiting.

Sorry not to have any better news. Unfortunately it may be a little longer before you receive the letter. Keep an eye on the posts here and you may some indication of average waiting times. At least you now others are in the same boat and understand your frustration!

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:10 pm

cityboy25 wrote:Hi everyone,

Yesterday mark official 6 month we applied, and I decided to called them today asking for the progress of my application, the Lady that answer the call ask for my details and put me on hold to check my details, she get back to me and said is still on going and that a decision has not been made that I will still continue to wait until the decision is made.
I now ask her if my application has been passed to case worker, she said unfortunately they don't have access to that information.

my timeline

Date Applied/Docs sent: 06/02/12
Date Application R'ced: 07/02/12
Date payment taken from bank: 08/02/12
Biometrics: completed
Date issued: --/--/--
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: --
I'm completing my 6 months tomo since application
will call them on thursday and might get same response.

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12

From - Tier 4

highly skilled
Newly Registered

Post by highly skilled » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:22 am

Hello again everyone,

I have a quick question regarding process / flow of documents. After you have enrolled your biometrics are the documents and the biometric card the only things that we are waiting for? To be precise, are there any more application forms (another application for the actual biometric card perhaps?) that we have to complete?

Also with regad to the number to fax documents to - what number have people used to fax their requests for return of sponsor's passport?

Thank you very much!

Meche83
Newly Registered

Still waiting

Post by Meche83 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:59 am

I Will complete my six months tomorrow as well, I can not Waite to call my Mp Representative.

Date Docs sent: 09/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 13/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received:19 /03/12 (dated 16/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled 20/03/12

From - Tier 4[/quote]

kiwi87
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi87 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:17 am

does anyone know what comes back with the documents and passports? how do you know that you will receive a biometrics letter?

Jmurphy
Newly Registered

FLR ( M ) Waiting Times - Coordinated Response

Post by Jmurphy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Hello,

I see there are so many people on this forum wh have waited for so long to get their FLR (M) visa application processed. I am also in the same boat as others. I applied for FLR(M) by post and been waiting for nearly three months. I know it's early by other people wait standards, however, would it help if all of us send a coordinated response to Home Office asking for delay and letting them know that this delay is not acceptable especially when we pay so much for the application fees ?

Has anyone else thought about this and do moderators have any opinion on this ?

Regards
Jmurphy

Jmurphy
Newly Registered

Post by Jmurphy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Hello,

I see there are so many people on this forum wh have waited for so long to get their FLR (M) visa application processed. I am also in the same boat as others. I applied for FLR(M) by post and been waiting for nearly three months. I know it's early by other people wait standards, however, would it help if all of us send a coordinated response to Home Office asking for delay and letting them know that this delay is not acceptable especially when we pay so much for the application fees ?

Regards
Jmurphy

Jmurphy
Newly Registered

Post by Jmurphy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:30 pm

Hello,

Regards
Jmurphy

highly skilled
Newly Registered

Post by highly skilled » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:40 pm

So our biometrics letter arrived today and we have already enrolled our biometrics! Our new timeline is:

Application submitted: 26 June 2012
Acknowledgement received: 3 July 2012 (dated 29 June 2012)
Biometrics letter received: 8 August 2012 (dated 3 August 2012)
Biometrics enrolled: 8 August 2012
Documents: waiting
Biometric permit: waiting

Planning to send out another letter requesting urgent treatment for my (sponsor) passport and for the whole application just in case.

To be continued...