ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

total absence 109 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HARIBOL
Newly Registered

total absence 109 days

Post by HARIBOL » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:06 pm

hi i am on tier i and applying for ILR premium service

My total absence over 5 years is 109 days with not a single absence being more than 25 days

is this ok ?

Thanks in advance

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi,

You are fine do not have to worry.

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Please guide me

Post by fatimahanif » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi,

My total absences are coming to 226 but on one occasion I was out of country for 4 weeks due to my father's death. One two occasions I was out as my mother was ill and undergoing surgery. Could these be considered compassionate absences and not counted in the total. If yes what kind of documents I will need to show.

Also could anyone please confirm if the day you fly out and day you fly in, are counted as outside UK or inside UK as technically on both days you are in the UK.

please reply urgently I have my appointment next week.

thanks

republique
BANNED

Re: Please guide me

Post by republique » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:02 pm

fatimahanif wrote:Hi,

My total absences are coming to 226 but on one occasion I was out of country for 4 weeks due to my father's death. One two occasions I was out as my mother was ill and undergoing surgery. Could these be considered compassionate absences and not counted in the total. If yes what kind of documents I will need to show.

Also could anyone please confirm if the day you fly out and day you fly in, are counted as outside UK or inside UK as technically on both days you are in the UK.

please reply urgently I have my appointment next week.

thanks
honestly this is very easily searchable.
it has to be the whole day to be out of the uk.

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Post by fatimahanif » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 am

well I thought the same but one immigration lawyer told me that HO counts half day for travelling so technically even though you are in the UK the day you fly out and fly in they still count one day out of country. Which is why I am asking other members with experience of how they calculated their days?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:00 am

fatimahanif wrote:well I thought the same but one immigration lawyer told me that HO counts half day for travelling so technically even though you are in the UK the day you fly out and fly in they still count one day out of country. Which is why I am asking other members with experience of how they calculated their days?
Please see Q17 under the FAQ sticky below:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Post by fatimahanif » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:19 am

Thank you for pointing me in this direction. The FAQs are very helpful. My total absences are coming to 205 and out of those 58 days were for my father's death and mother's illness. I am providing death certificate of my father and mother's hospital letters as proof and also trying to get a letter from my employer in this regard. I hope it will not be a problem. Apart from this my case is very straightforward and no other issues should come up.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:50 am

fatimahanif wrote:well I thought the same but one immigration lawyer told me that HO counts half day for travelling so technically even though you are in the UK the day you fly out and fly in they still count one day out of country. Which is why I am asking other members with experience of how they calculated their days?
Really I find that very hard to believe that a immigration lawyer would be so out of touch.