ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long PSW dependent can stay outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NeelaJay
Newly Registered
India

How long PSW dependent can stay outside UK

Post by NeelaJay » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi,

I am on PSW Visa and my wife is on Dependent visa.

Me and Wife are currently in India..came to visit our family. My wife is pregnant, Doc has advised to take complete rest for now and can travel after 12 weeks. Meanwhile I will be returning back to UK to start my work.

My worry is can she stay out of UK for that long? are there any number of days which we are allowed to stay outside UK.

Please Please help us.

Thanks

z18runway

Re: How long PSW dependent can stay outside UK

Post by z18runway » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:14 am

NeelaJay wrote:Hi,

I am on PSW Visa and my wife is on Dependent visa.

Me and Wife are currently in India..came to visit our family. My wife is pregnant, Doc has advised to take complete rest for now and can travel after 12 weeks. Meanwhile I will be returning back to UK to start my work.

My worry is can she stay out of UK for that long? are there any number of days which we are allowed to stay outside UK.

Please Please help us.

Thanks
she can stay as much time as she can and travel back to UK before visa finishes, there is not at all a problem

rk_2011

Post by rk_2011 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:04 pm

This might not apply to you but worth mentioning that if you are planning on applying for ILR in near future then to meet residency requirements your wife can be away for no longer than 90 days in the year that you will be applying and 450 days in the 5 years before applying.

Senior members can correct me if I am wrong.