ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kirenkhan
Newly Registered

Strange email from BHC

Post by kirenkhan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:41 am

Salaam to all,

I have been reading posts on this forum for the past couple of months and its has been immensely helpful. My husband and I submitted our application on 17th april 2012 in islamabad and are awaiting a reply. Today I received an email reply from the BHC which stated the following:

Please accept our apologies for any delay in dealing with your spouse visa application. We have experienced a high rise in the volume of applications for settlement over the last few months and this has led to us failing to meet our primary customer service target of deciding 165% of applications in 12 weeks. It is still our intention to deal with the majority of applications within 12 weeks and 160% within 216 weeks, but please know that we will complete your application as soon as we possibly can.

This email makes no sense whatsoever!!! I have read previous posts stating 29 weeks etc but this email was totally random. My husband rang Gerrys who were very helpful and said that they were currently receiving end of feb and beginning of march applications back. It has been 19 weeks since we submitted so therefore it makes sense that end of march and april replies will be inshallah given in 4/5/ weeks (i.e. by the 24 week deadline).

Kind Regards,
Kiren

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

on going visa applications and responce of people

Post by tnt4ever » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Aoa

been out for a while from this forum due to busy schedule.
however the moderator Batley Khan is very help ful, a standard and normal advise for those who are in process or who are going to get through visa application process.

however there was a time when it took any applicant about 3 to 6 weeks last year.
then 6 weeks to 9
then 9 to 12
then 12 to 24 with new rules following 9th July i think so.

well, dont panic , this is standard, i can simply say one thing dont put ur self out of your routine life, this is normal with applications to take longer then expected time, just keep your self busy and stay up to date with latest.

dont consume to much space of this forum by using irrelevant topics, this place is for information exchanged, if you need social networking use facebook...

and best of luck to those who are waiting...
App Date: 21st Feb 2012
Forward to Embassy 5th March 2012
under process at BHC Islamabad
94 Days ....
Visa Granted ALHAMDULILLAH 3rd July 2012

Total Working Days 92 ( Excluding holidays etc)

mr.lonely
Newly Registered

Post by mr.lonely » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:40 pm

to kirankhan,

what do the mean with 160% within 216 weeks??????? can they process up to 216 weeks?

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Good to hear March applicants are getting responses...

I have just found out my wife (who is still in Pakistan waiting for a response to our application) is two months pregnant...

What happens if she doesn't get the visa in time and she has the baby in Pakistan? Will the baby be allowed to come with her if/when she gets her visa?
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

omed

islamabad oc NEVER CHANGES

Post by omed » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:30 am

Application Submitted @islamabad
date 06/07/12 FRI
Forwared to ISLAMABAD OC ON 07/07/12
still waiting as i read the through forms and asked people they said my app was moved to uae but i e mailed them they confirmed that its in proccess in islamabad i got an e mail form islamabad office confirming this too as i sent e mail to uae and they forwarded my mail to islamabad the OC Changes for other people in 2 weeks but my case still same oc thng

whoesnext

Re: islamabad oc NEVER CHANGES

Post by whoesnext » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:50 am

omed wrote:Application Submitted @islamabad
date 06/07/12 FRI
Forwared to ISLAMABAD OC ON 07/07/12
still waiting as i read the through forms and asked people they said my app was moved to uae but i e mailed them they confirmed that its in proccess in islamabad i got an e mail form islamabad office confirming this too as i sent e mail to uae and they forwarded my mail to islamabad the OC Changes for other people in 2 weeks but my case still same oc thng
i submited mine on 4th july and still its OC i dont know whts the problem i didnt paid gerry 200 for sms service may be thats the reason lolz who konws what they upto......All settlement app are dealt in islamabad again...non settlement are going to dubai/islamabad.....

Did you get email from gerrys or UKBA that application is under process? i think i should email them too..

Hamza84
Newly Registered

Congratulations

Post by Hamza84 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:17 am

Mashallah Hashim,

Congratulations on the visa,

May Allah give us patience like you

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:05 am

akhan47 wrote:Good to hear March applicants are getting responses...

I have just found out my wife (who is still in Pakistan waiting for a response to our application) is two months pregnant...

What happens if she doesn't get the visa in time and she has the baby in Pakistan? Will the baby be allowed to come with her if/when she gets her visa?
if your wife has the baby before she gets her visa after she has had the baby then you will have to get a seperate visa for your child

omed

isl oc 2012

Post by omed » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:56 pm

any 1 applied in july got any sort of news welling to share here plz

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:28 pm

Congrats hashim10 :)

@omed
My sis in law applied in July, see my timeline for the current status.
Sis-in-law..
2 May 2012 : English test Results
4 July 2012 @ Mirpur : Submitted Spouse Visa
17 July 2012 : Under process at BHC
20 November 2012 : Received RFC
21 November 2012 : Visa approved
Dec 2012 : Arrived in England

skstar

Post by skstar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Yep, hubby submitted his app on 5th July :) were on week 8! that was quick hope it doesn't go over 12 weeks,

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:38 pm

som1984 wrote:
akhan47 wrote:Good to hear March applicants are getting responses...

if your wife has the baby before she gets her visa after she has had the baby then you will have to get a seperate visa for your child
Any idea how long the process is for acquiring a visa for the little one?
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

twonations
Newly Registered

Post by twonations » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:47 pm

Salams everyone, recieved txt for collection yestrday at 4 pm, was told to pick it up today at 2-3 pm. Went to gerrys isb. Visa refused. 123 days wait. My wife and i have been married 77 years, she and our 2 sons are British. And we have been living here in Pak ever since our marriage. I run a US call center and had submitted all the relevant docs along with a $40 k bank statement. Since we are all here had stated we will be living my brother in law in the UK initialy and then would move into our own place since we have enough fiunds.

The ECO stated the following observations for refusal:
1. No proof of tenancy for brother in law
2. $40k savings account shows no transactions
3. The funds shown are presumably not yours

He or she also states that based on these probabilities the visa is refused.

My wife and I are distressed, devastated, depressed, fatigued and clueless

They have given an appeal from and i have 28 days, I have sufficient company accounts and a relative ti show a tenancy contract who is also the landlord and can provide a letter stating ample of room for us to stay initially till we find our own.

How can the ECO assume that the funds are not ours when they checked my bank account which is my name. And its a personnal savings account??? How unethical and brutal

Brothers and sisters we are down and any suggestions on how to go about the appeal will be a great help, also does a judge hear the appeal, and should we expext something better from him/her.

May Allah have mercy upon us. Ameen

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:25 am

TwoNations,

You have a very complex case, but I will try to help you as best as I can.

The 3 points you've listed.

1. Regarding this, you can get a title deed for the property or a letter from the landlord if it's a rented property to prove that it does belong to your brother in law.

2. Regarding this point you'll nbeed to show much older bank statements, even go back years if you have to show where the money has come from. You'll need to do this for the appeal.

3. Regarding this, it's similar to point 2, if you show statements and salary slips etc which match up to this, you can prove the money is yours.

About the procedure.

Firstly 28 days is sufficient time. You have 28 days to lodge the appeal, 1 day is gone. 27 remain, if you appeal online through the HM AIT website, you have the full 27 days to work, appealing by post you won't have that amount of time as posting and delivering an item isn't instant.

1. Get a lawyer involved through yoru brother in law in the UK if you can afford. If not go on to step 2.

2. Prepare your documents. Get all your documents to prove all the points they have given are wrong.

3. Prepare your grounds for appeal. This is a 1000 word document which addresses all the reasons as to why they were wrong and why you should be given a VISA. In the grounds of appeal you must address each and every point they have refused you on. But you only have 1000 words if you appeal online, so don't waffle.

4. As you're not in the UK, the appeal will need a representative, usually it's the sponsor or a lawyer, in your case it can only be your brother in law or a lawyer he hires. Complete the details on the appeal form as to who will represent you if it does go to court.

5. Once appeal is lodged and documents submitted, you have to enter the waiting game which can take anywhere between 6 and 12 months.

I'm going to give you an appproximate deadline and this is just so you get an idea.

Sept 20 - Lodge Appeal
Oct 25 - Appeal Processed
February 28 - Deadline for ECM/ECO to review.
April 20 - Court hearing.
May 1 - Determination Letter from Judge
May 15 - Call Letter to applicant.
July 1 - Passport received

That is the extreme case scenario, but unfortunately you must be prepared for it. Too many people on this site and elsewhere are guilty of giving false information and more importantly false hope to applicants and appellants. Any further issues, please address them in this thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0
Last edited by king2be98 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:28 am

TwoNations,

You have a very complex case, but I will try to help you as best as I can.

The 3 points you've listed.

1. Regarding this, you can get a title deed for the property or a letter from the landlord if it's a rented property to prove that it does belong to your brother in law.

2. Regarding this point you'll nbeed to show much older bank statements, even go back years if you have to show where the money has come from. You'll need to do this for the appeal.

3. Regarding this, it's similar to point 2, if you show statements and salary slips etc which match up to this, you can prove the money is yours.

About the procedure.

Firstly 28 days is sufficient time. You have 28 days to lodge the appeal, 1 day is gone. 27 remain, if you appeal online through the HM AIT website, you have the full 27 days to work, appealing by post you won't have that amount of time as posting and delivering an item isn't instant.

1. Get a lawyer involved through yoru brother in law in the UK if you can afford. If not go on to step 2.

2. Prepare your documents. Get all your documents to prove all the points they have given are wrong.

3. Prepare your grounds for appeal. This is a 1000 word document which addresses all the reasons as to why they were wrong and why you should be given a VISA. In the grounds of appeal you must address each and every point they have refused you on. But you only have 1000 words if you appeal online, so don't waffle.

4. As you're not in the UK, the appeal will need a representative, usually it's the sponsor or a lawyer, in your case it can only be your brother in law or a lawyer he hires. Complete the details on the appeal form as to who will represent you if it does go to court.

5. Once appeal is lodged and documents submitted, you have to enter the waiting game which can take anywhere between 6 and 12 months.

I'm going to give you an appproximate deadline and this is just so you get an idea.

Sept 20 - Lodge Appeal
Oct 25 - Appeal Processed
February 28 - Deadline for ECM/ECO to review.
April 20 - Court hearing.
May 1 - Determination Letter from Judge
May 15 - Call Letter to applicant.
July 1 - Passport received

That is the extreme case scenario, but unfortunately you must be prepared for it. Too many people on this site and elsewhere are guilty of giving false information and more importantly false hope to applicants and appellants. Any further issues, please address them in this thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=0

farah123
Newly Registered

Post by farah123 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:32 am

Ok I wanted to know that as people who applied in march and getting responses now their TB test must have xpired as 6 months hav passed so now if they are granted visa do they need to get TB again on entering UK or they can travel on the old one thts has xpired any idea?

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:53 am

Yes, you will need an up to date and valid TB test certificate before entering the UK.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:51 am

My cousin whom applied in March has been refused visa. After almost 6months of wait his visa has been refused :cry: :cry: :cry:
Allah is the greatest!

fazila89x
Newly Registered

Post by fazila89x » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:06 am

visa granted :)
after 125 days :)
alhamdulillah :)

scorpio7

Post by scorpio7 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:11 am

fazila89x wrote:visa granted :)
after 125 days :)
alhamdulillah :)
Congrats Fazila..thats good news..the long wait was fruitful :)

farah123
Newly Registered

hi

Post by farah123 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:11 am

Exquisit33 wrote:My cousin whom applied in March has been refused visa. After almost 6months of wait his visa has been refused :cry: :cry: :cry:

May I know why was his visa refused on what grounds

leila
Newly Registered

Post by leila » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:14 pm

congratulations fazila wish u all the best for your future

mr.lonely
Newly Registered

Ready for Collection

Post by mr.lonely » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:47 pm

Today my wife received the msg ready for collection, she will go on monday.

Applied in islamabad on: 16/03/2012
In process: 30/03/2012
Ready for collection: 31/08/2012
Outcome: INSHALLAH granted..........

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Wel it looks like they are coming in a batch! A lot of people should hear in the next few days
Married 09/06/2011
Applied at Gerrys 14/05/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 25/05/2012
Ready for Collection 18/10/2012
114 working days and got RFC
Yes/No ???????

shuby

Post by shuby » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:36 pm

Scottishraja wrote:Wel it looks like they are coming in a batch! A lot of people should hear in the next few days
Yeah i think you're right. it seems many people are getting responses now. Inshallah it will be good news for us all :)