ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to renew my wife's Visa ?????? Help

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pablo
Newly Registered

How to renew my wife's Visa ?????? Help

Post by Pablo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:21 pm

Hi Guys, first thanks for the good forum I am a new arrive here.

I am Italian and have been living here in Eire with my Brazilian wife for 3 years now; I need to go for the 4th visa and GNIB card to my wife. Since 2004 we were doing year by year at Immigration office in town, so they used to give her a year visa stamp and the GNIB stamp 4 with an year expiration.

Last time we went down there they gave her again a passport stamp and a GNIB card stamped EU Family member instead of that stamp 4.

Her visa and ID EU Family member will expires soon, what I need to do now to renew it? Like I can see everything changed? Any ideas? I got really confused with this now ?

Thanks for the info

JAJ
Australia

Re: How to renew my wife's Visa ?????? Help

Post by JAJ » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:30 am

Pablo wrote:
I am Italian and have been living here in Eire with my Brazilian wife for 3 years now;
Can your wife apply for Italian citizenship based on her marriage to you?

Also be aware that once she has lived for 5 years in the Republic of Ireland, she can apply for naturalisation (as can you).

Have you any children born in Ireland?

Pablo
Newly Registered

Post by Pablo » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:05 am

Hi JaJ

Yeah I can apply for a Italian passaport to her, I spoke on Italian embassy but will take around 8 months to get ready, in this mean time she needs to renew her visa, and I don't know how to proceed like seems that all had changed. any ideas ?

Thx