ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going to India with ILR

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chethan
Newly Registered

Going to India with ILR

Post by chethan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi All,

I got ILR (as a Tier 2 ICT migrant) last month, and have resigned from my job, however I still have to work till end of October. With out informing my employer I have applied for ILR, now seems they knew it and hence I resigned.

I am going on vacation for one week this month end to India for a week to get engaged.
Could you please clarify
1. Is there any chance that my employer can play with me (my ILR) by calling home office and giving some false information.
2. On reentry to UK with ILR what questions will normally be asked by the IO?

3. Can I take a break after october for 4 months, come and search for a job?
4. Actually I will be completing 6 years by october end, can I apply for naturalization now? or Should I apply after one year of getting ILR?

Your inputs will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Regards
Chethan

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:56 pm

No harm appling ILR without informing your employer. However how did you get the letter which states something like 'company requires this candidate for forseable future'?

1. What kind of false information? If you applied ILR with all genuine documents, you should be worried. If they provide any false information, they should be in trouble not you.

2. I have not been asked about my job when coming into the country with an ILR. However they might ask you if you are working with same employer...particularly if you are away from the country for long duration.

3. That should not be a problem.

4. You should spend 1yr after ILR to be eligible for naturalisation.