ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing Time (Extension Applications ONLY)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:58 pm

csquare wrote:Hi @entreprenuer11,

I didnt understand this line of yours.Could you please elaborate ??

"UKBA contacted his bank in India twice however they never contacted anyone else."

What do you mean by anyone else.??

Thanks in Advance
He showed 3 business contracts with the companies he is working with, but UKBA did not contact any of them.

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:00 pm

la wrote:Thanks for the info. As per my understanding they verified the funds available on the date mentioned in the letter. They have not verified funds on date when they verify. Please confirm.

Also which state from India is he applied from. Did UK BA directly calls the bank or did some one comes to the bank to verify the letter whether it is genuine or not.

I think as per this information we do not require to maintain funds till application is with UK BA. Please confirm.
Well there is nothing mentioned in guidelines about maintaining funds throughout the application. He applied from Kerala, India. Obviously UKBA emailed the copy of his bank statement to the bank and ask them to verify it. This is their general verification process.

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:22 pm

It is bit hard to hear this , to verify Indian funds bank statement, it took three months for them :). Other than this, they have not verified any thing.

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:48 pm

la wrote:It is bit hard to hear this , to verify Indian funds bank statement, it took three months for them :). Other than this, they have not verified any thing.
Yes but at least UKBA is processing applications and people are getting visa. i applied mine this month and god knows how long it will take.

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi @entreprenuer11,

You said UKBA contacted twice as part of your friend's application.

If it is just sending an email to the bank about verifying the bank letter, why did UK BA contacted twice. What is the reason for contacting twice. Could you please give me more details on this.

Regards,
la

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Dear @entreprenuer11,

I hope Your friend applied from outside the UK - Please confirm.

Also could you please confirm same process applies to people who are switching to tier 1 entrepreneur.

Regards,
la

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:00 pm

la wrote:Dear @entreprenuer11,

I hope Your friend applied from outside the UK - Please confirm.

Also could you please confirm same process applies to people who are switching to tier 1 entrepreneur.

Regards,
la
No he applied from inside UK, only his funds and maintenance were shown in Kerala, India.

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:21 pm

yeah there has to be a verification if the funds shown outside uk but its not the case if you show your funds here in uk i have confirmed this from bank manager and also maybe the data protection act is different in uk .

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:56 am

Hi @entreprenuer11,

If your friend applied from Inside UK, then how come he gets 3 years 4 months Visa. He should be getting 3 years visa only right. Please confirm.

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:44 pm

la wrote:Hi @entreprenuer11,

If your friend applied from Inside UK, then how come he gets 3 years 4 months Visa. He should be getting 3 years visa only right. Please confirm.
I am not sure why, I thought he should be receiving 3 years or 3 years and 6 months in case of entry clearance.

reddyr
Newly Registered

Information About Tier1 Enterpreneur Visa

Post by reddyr » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:47 pm

Hello Everybody,

please try to help me out. I got so many queries

firstly, i will explain my situation. I opened a restuarant 6 months back and invested 50k and i am on PSW visa right now. my visa is going to expire in more 3months so i want to switch to tier1 enterpreneur visa.
And I am director for that limited company. I need to still show the 50k funds in my account or else need to show the company shares. can anyone please suggest me.
what should i need to keep a jobtitle if i own a restuarant?
In the tier1 ent application when you look at page27 to 34 we got an ootion that if you have already invested means we can gain 25 points as well. but i am not sure how it gonna works,

please guide me what documents i need provide if i am running a extecting business,

thank you,

sagar2009

time

Post by sagar2009 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:35 am

Hi people,
Has any one got their visa recently.if you have can you please post your application dates.
Thank you

robertholdon

Re: time

Post by robertholdon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:11 am

[quote="sagar2009"]Hi people,
Has any one got their visa recently.if you have can you please post your application dates.
Thank you[/quote]

Hello Guys,

I have put my application since last june and still nothing now. I guess it's really bad service. I have tried to chase them by asking help from my local MP and yet, they cant do anything. I think i'll give another few weeks and if it's still the same news, what can i do? I just just try to get it back and move on.

Guys, remember, we are here to support and make our contribution to this country and society. If that doesnt help in other way around, why should we be here? There are many others countries that are better and at least they know what they're doing.

robertholdon

Re: time

Post by robertholdon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:23 pm

[quote="robertholdon"][quote="sagar2009"]Hi people,
Thank you[/quote]

Hello Guys,

I have put my application since last june and still nothing now. I guess it's really bad service. I have tried to chase them by asking help from my local MP and yet, they cant do anything. I think i'll give another few weeks and if it's still the same news, what can i do? I just just try to get it back and move on.

Guys, remember, we are here to support and make our contribution to this country and society. If that doesnt help in other way around, why should we be here? There are many others countries that are better and at least they know what they're doing.[/quote]

Hello Guys,

I want to give you update that this is definitely something wrong with UKBA. As per today, i received an updated letter from My local MP that has been given an update from UKBA. The letter said that i need to do biometric again and the letter is on 01/06/2012. Think about this... i think it must have been something wrong with this application and i can tell you... you all need to check with all your application... hahaha... let me tell you... if this problem has been with me, it means it's all also with you guys.

crazy_ram

Post by crazy_ram » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:09 am

Hi,
I could not find any logic behind giving the bio-metrics for 2nd time. I think there may be some mis-communication or misunderstanding involved in the whole process Mr. Robert mentioned. Can any senior members give you opinion on the above message.

Regards,
RAM

robertholdon

Post by robertholdon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:46 pm

[quote="crazy_ram"]Hi,
I could not find any logic behind giving the bio-metrics for 2nd time. I think there may be some mis-communication or misunderstanding involved in the whole process Mr. Robert mentioned. Can any senior members give you opinion on the above message.

Regards,
RAM[/quote]

HI Crazy ram,

I know that it must have been problem in the process of this application. I got a letter from UKBA which was to my local MP. The reason why they sent it off to my local MP is because of enquiry sent by my local MP. Yet, UKBA still couldnt give the right information. Btw, The first thing when they ask about that biometric, my MP asked me about reference or details and at first, they couldnt find the application.

Sooo... given all information provided by UKBA, it's clearly something wrong internally and i may suggest all of you to take action by perhaps creating petition online or tweets your problem.

It's not fair when this problems are not heard enough by those people who deal with the process of the application!!!

challenge84
Newly Registered

UK Entrepreneur new rules for old applicants

Post by challenge84 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Hello All,
I have an enquiry regarding new rules of UK Entrepreneur visa
I applied through PSW route on 13th august, money was held in my uncle's account, now I heard that people applying for this category cannot show funds in third party account in UK. Will this affect appliocants who already applied in august or its for those who will be applying after the rules were announced, mean who applied in setember or october.
plz reply of anybody knows.
i applied and recieved following communication:
applied on 13/08/2012
Biometrics 25/08/2012
acknowldgement 28/08/2012
After that no communication recieved

crazy_ram

Post by crazy_ram » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi Challenge84,
Your application will not be affected with new rules. Rules will be applicable as they are on the date of application. I tried to find out the new rule you have mentioned, but I could not able find it. Could you please let me know where the rule is if u know.

You have mentioned that you have received acknowledgement letter on 28th Aug and you gave biometrics on 25th Aug. Is the acknowledgement letter for biometrics or for the application.

Regards,
SURESH

tier1enterpreneur

URGENT.

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:36 am

Hello Everyone I will highly appreciate if someone could help me on urgent basis. I am applying my visa tomorrow. I thought everything was in place. Just as proof checking I was reading the policy guidance and came across if I am depending on my wife's funds (part of it) it will be considered as third party funds. But in my case we have a joint account and its not like she is holding the funds in her personal account. The funds are readily available to me as its joint. My question is will I need a declaration from her which needs to be attached with a legal adviser confirming the validity or can I just have a declaration from my wife to confirm the funds available to me.
Please help me get the correct advise and also if I need a letter from legal adviser where can I get it urgently as well as should it be notarized or just attested by the solicitor or something. I am stressed please help me out .....
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

tier1enterpreneur

URGENT.

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:49 am

Hello Everyone I will highly appreciate if someone could help me on urgent basis. I am applying my visa tomorrow. I thought everything was in place. Just as proof checking I was reading the policy guidance and came across if I am depending on my wife's funds (part of it) it will be considered as third party funds. But in my case we have a joint account and its not like she is holding the funds in her personal account. The funds are readily available to me as its joint. My question is will I need a declaration from her which needs to be attached with a legal adviser confirming the validity or can I just have a declaration from my wife to confirm the funds available to me.
Please help me get the correct advise and also if I need a letter from legal adviser where can I get it urgently as well as should it be notarized or just attested by the solicitor or something. I am stressed please help me out .....
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

challenge84
Newly Registered

Post by challenge84 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Hello Crazy_ ram
Firstly thanx a lot for clarifying my doubt. I also tried to search this but couldnt find as I got a call from another friend regqrding this. My frend's case worker told him that. Secondly acknowledgement letter was for my application. As it was posted to my solicitor firstly who received it on 20/08/2012 and then it was forwarded to me thats why I received it late.
Thanks again

Celina

Re: URGENT.

Post by Celina » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:44 pm

hello everyone ?

Please if anyone can help me to solve my query , i am really confused .
My question is same as that of Tier1 entrepreneur , in my case also part of my money is held with my husband in joint account . I am main applicant and he is dependant . So do i need a declaration letter from him as well ? if yes how does it work ? does it needs to be attested and where is the declaration form format ? please if anyone can help me out with this , it will be highly appreciated .

Waiting for reply eagerly ,
thanks
Celina.

MILI
Newly Registered

Post by MILI » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 am

Hi all,
[u]people applying for this category cannot show funds in third party account in UK[/u]

below is something I copied from another forum…

Point 98 of policy states:

98.You must provide one or more of the following documents
(Second point under it states)
For money held in the UK only, an account statement;

Now come to point 100:
100. For money held in the UK only, a recent personal bank or building society statement from
the UK financial institution holding the funds, which confirms the amount of money available
to you or your entrepreneurial team.
(Fourth point under it states)
The account must be in your own name only (or both names for an entrepreneurial team)
only. Accounts in the name of a business or third party will not be accepted;

For your correction, Friends and Family members are also included in third party. Point 103 is as follow:
103.Third parties (other contributors of money) may include family members, as well as other
investors or corporate bodies.
In any of the above cases you need letter from them and also to satisfy point 98 and 100.
Now I am summarizing it as follow:

Uncle is residing in UK and he has funds for you (He is third party). To satisfy point 98, a bank statement is needed because money is held in UK only.
BUT the question is whose statement?
Now answer is in point 100 which states that account must be in your name, not in third party or business name. To satisfy this point, the money from uncle's account must be transferred in your account with your name. Also a letter from Uncle must be attached that he has given you this money. In this way you dont need letter from bank.

I think it is very clear. And dont be a victim of money maker immigration consultants who arrange only a letter from third party without transferring money in applicants account. It is a big debate now a days. If you have any visa granted without money transfer then please share. Money transfer clause is only for the money held in UK. It is not for overseas third parties. Overseas third parties can only give statement and declaration with bank letters.

(http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114934)
[u][/u]

MILI
Newly Registered

Post by MILI » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 am

According to the above post people applying for this category cannot show funds in third party account in UK..
Can someone comment on this???

crazy_ram

Post by crazy_ram » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:31 am

Hi All...
The whole issue is little unclear... If any one seems to be effected by this rules you can do one thing..
Just transfer the money from third party account to the applicant's account. Get a new statement or letter from the bank & a letter from the third party saying that they have transferred the amount mentioned in the application. Post those documents to the case worker, so that they will consider that the amount is surely available to the applicant.

I hope this helps..

Regards,
RAM